[1.1.5.2] Dreeg's Dreidel - 2H Acid EoR Dervish - Beginner friendly MC farmer!

That’s the question I’m trying to answer now. Let me do some more testing. One thing is for sure, the Conduit of Night Whispers is now a lot less useful for the pet build.

Hello @Contragor.
I just want to say that this build rocks!
My first toon is arcanist lvl65, got Dreeg’s 2h sword drop and then saw ur build, till now im at 91 and starting ultimate (grimtools:) I dont know if I can handle SR/Crucible 170+ now tho :frowning_face:.

p.s: my only maldening is, korvaak’s brand is avoiding me.

1 Like

You would need level 94 gear to improve armor and especially DA. DA won’t be easy to bump, it’s a combination of rolls, component, augment and devo changes. If you can hit 2.8-3k with pneumatic burst active, should be able to handle crucible and SR. 170 without farma would be hard.

1 Like

Woah I got replied. Thank youu… :smile:
I’ll try my best to update my gear and hit that quota. Once again, thanks for the input–!

Hey, Contragor, just checking in to say I’m levelling one of these right now using your guide and am at lvl 91.

This is easily one of the most fun and powerful levelling builds I’ve ever played, and I’ve only got 3 of the items you suggest so far (okay, I had the level 58 sword from an earlier play-through).

Thanks for the build, it’s spin-to-win-tastic and dropping massive snot-balls on enemies never gets old either.

1 Like

What turns the meteor’s into poison damage?

Path of the tree mostly, at least if you have no gear. But in the goal-GT link, the helm, sword and chest converts elemental to acid. This conversion has another priority than fire to acid though. It is multiplicative, you wont have 100% fire to acid conversion unless you have 100% on one of those (which is the case here) you can read more about it here 🤯 malawiglenn’s guide on game mechanics for beginners

eh no not all of those items are farmable. Farmable means that items drops from specific sources, like krieg set, dark one set, MI’s etc

Hi, I’m playing this build and I’m having fun, i have 135 hours on grim dawn and I’ve never passed level 50, maybe this character will be the right one :slight_smile:

If I understood correctly the build’s sword is a random drop, but what is the best way to farm it ? What kind of content gives the most randoms legendary items at this level ?

at level 50 you will never find it xD

when you are around level 90, do monster totems in ultimate

I thought it would be around 58/65, you have to be 90 to have a 58 weapon? That does not make any sense.

Ok you were referring to the non Mythical, then it should start to drop now. https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/12697
But farming low level legendaries is not “worth it” because 1) legendaries have lower drop chances at lower levels and 2) you wont use that weapon for that long time anyway. Easier just to push forward so you can start farming for the Mythical version instead.

Ok thank you :slight_smile: I have two more questions :

When a random drop is “Forgotten Gods” we only need to have the forgotten gods installed, we don’t have to do dlc content right?

And when you lv up a character in self found, if at some point you miss offensive or defensive power, is there some places where you can farm better gear in an effective way ? Monster totems seem like a good way as I understand it, the last time I played they did not exist, I’m gonna read about them.

as long as it is not a monster infrequent then it can drop everywhere

farmable items means that they drop from specific sources. I do not think this is a beginner friendly build or guide compared to the others you can find in the compendium which mostly relies on faction items.

is it, really? Why?

2 Likes

All gear is easy to farm. The sword is not a rare drop. But even if you don’t find it during leveling, both the 58 and 94 level versions can be obtained from the celestial smiths. 1 in 100 chance is still much better than farming Morgoneth’s rings or Sharzul’s mace for example.

The rest of the gear is either craftable of farmable. The rings can be replaced with pretty much any well rolled alternative including greens.

How is that not easy? 135 Deathstalker runs in Hardcore to get the relic or 250 Shar’zul runs to get that mace, now that is some grind. But getting a couple hundred hearts for gambling is doable without too much stress.

1 Like

That is of course pretty subjective. Personally, I think Alkamos rings are easy to farm but far from many will agree with me :smiley:

1 Like

took me 114 runs to complete alkamos rings…

1 Like

Mythical Dreegal’anore: removed Acid damage
RIP build?

at max level 26 EoR only has 35% weapon dam, so its not scale down a lot with flat acid dam. of course the build got a little bit less damage (maybe loss 10-15k DPS), but nowhere near “RIP build”. this build is not a top tier EoR anyway, still fun to use

2 Likes

Does anyone know of a guide to an Acid EoR build for warlord? I leveled a warlord for something else and just not liking it, and have a decent amount of gear and it looks fun.