[1.1.5.2] [HC] The Immortal Army - Pet Dervish - Beginner Friendly Pet build! Super fast MC farmer!

but in fact , i have tested on the dummy that the Guardian’s Cleave and the Burning DoTs of this skill do stack when i have 2 Guardians

Shhhhh…:shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face:
They do stack, at least some component does. Pretty sure the burn damage from Cleave does stack.

but Evil_Baka said it wont stack , eww…now im very confused , i doubt that Bleeding damage of Blade Spirit do stack too . Only experiment can find out

He probably meant that it doesn’t stack if each guardian hits multiple times. Meaning if a guardian does 10k burn over 3 sec and hits the target 2 times per second, that burn doesn’t turn into 20k over 3 sec but simply resets. However, 4 guardians together deal 40k burn over 3 sec. That is what I’m seeing in tests at least. But not sure if it’s 100% correct.

yep,that make quite a lot of sense

@Contragor @drchan Contragor is right after testing that the Burn/Poison damage on the Guardian’s Cleave stacks, my mistake on that one, so that means DoTs on active abilities do stack (Maelstrom and Blade Eruption should count as well then). Celestial Presence definitely does not stack with multiple Guardians after testing it as well.

1 Like

Really enjoying this Immortal Army build concept.

I don’t have anywhere near enough of the main items for the build, but I am currently at Elite at level 68 and have smashed my way though Veteran killing Alkamos, Gargabol, Morgoneth and other sometimes problematic bosses with no issues.

As you mention, there are NO real exotic items that require to be found, apart from the Gavel and the Helmet.
The RNG threw me the Fire attributes for the Gavel and the Helmet, so that is the path I chose to pursue.
I also refuse to craft items in GD Stash, so all my builds use self found or crafted items.

I did not start from a scratch character as I already had a Pierce focused Dervish in progress. Interestingly, it did not take many changes to get her in the groove of things. I left the devotions that she currently had unchanged for now, and they appear to be working quite nicely with the build, adding missing resistances and other gaps.

The one thing I have noticed though that I mentioned earlier is how efficient the Living Shadows from the Unknown Soldier are. You mention that you are not keen on the Skeletons from the Revenant devotion as they are not really immortal. The Living Shadows are similar but to me they do FEEL like they are immortal as all THREE are virtually permanently procced during combat via casting Phantasmal Blades at mobs or bosses.

I gather the ultimate endgame build for this design is still ongoing, but for anyone coming through the ranks from scratch, I can assure you that this in progress build with easy to find items “KICKS ASS” in Elite at the moment.

Currently sitting at 4 GoE, 2 BS, 1 Nemesis and 3 Living Shadows that seem to always be with me in a battle.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BWkPbV

Proof Above - You can see how easy this build starts out, as most items are just normal Greens that can be picked up anywhere, and at 68 she is actually outclassing a lot of my Legendary and Epic builds around that same level.

Looking so forward to getting into Ultimate 94+ here.

Looking at the Grim Tools calculator, how do you show the SECOND skill bar switch?
I see the WEAPON switch is there as a mouse icon, but see no way to see what assigned to the second skill bar?

3 Likes

This is great! Those shadows are really awesome, but I struggle to find a place for that devo in the final build. How much damage would they inflict compared to seekers or meteor shower when all conversions are in place? That’s something we are yet to discover. Let’s keep levelling and see what happens at 94. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Looks really good im going to give this build a try :smiley: !
Go easy on me but is this nice and lazy to play? Im looking for a safe hardcore pet build where i dont have to worry too much about spamming keys for buffs and so on, I am new to the forums and despite a decent playtime on grim dawn i still need help with builds lol.
Can this build beat campaign lokarr on ultimate? Happy 2020 everyone

It’s very easy to play and HC viable. But there’s a catch. Compared to normal pet builds, there’s no way to make enemies aggro and attack your pets here. So mobs will always target you instead. That means you can’t always just ignore them and go afk. This build requires positioning. If you want to be 100% safe and go super lazy, - normal pet conjurer/cabalist/ritualist might be a better choice. But, to me, they feel slower to level and clear maps in general.

On the flip side, this build is so strong during levelling, that your pseudo pets will destroy enemies way before they can deal any serious damage to you. Just keep safe distance from mobs.

1 Like

Hey man! How is the leveling coming along? Was wondering how the build keeps performing Act 5-7 Elite.

It’s going great. At 68 you visit Vinelton in the grove and get yourself Justice helmet blueprint. Craft 3 helmets and then convert them in crucible to chest, shoulder and gloves. This gives nice defensive stats and some extra fire damage. With 1300-1500 armor at this stage and decent resistance, it’s a breeze!

I’m taking a short break to try a different game but will be back soon.

2 Likes

Actually the moment i stepped into elite i started suffering…my pets are amazing but i am getting destroyed even when trying to kite or run around ranged attacks crush me so quickly…i saw another post for u talking about a helmet and some conversion but i dont understand this not to mention i am already trying to abandon any pet bonuses in favor of resistances but i am still very squishy and that’s just act 1 elite :frowning:

No pet bonuses needed for this build. The guardians and blade spirits scale with Player bonuses. So, just get yourself higher armor and max resistances and you should be fine. I’m at the end of Elite now and not feeling any danger in hardcore.
This fixes most of the defensive stats for you:

Note, you can get this blueprint in Normal, which helps a lot.

Also note that this will cost you a lot of resources. So make sure you have them

If you just play normally without spending too many resources (which you shouldn’t until late Elite anyways), by level 68 you should have 1m+ coins and several Eldritch essences to get a 3 piece of Justice (you can’t use the entire set as the helmet slot is taken). So, all you need is 3 crafts and some rerolls.

I don’t know. I am always short on iron and i am on lvl 69 now. But i always try to buy any blueprint i come across, maybe that’s what keep me short.

Hi there, I’m fairly new to the game. How are you unlocking guardians after only 20 waves of crucible? They’re right at the end of the Oathkeeper mastery. I’m confused xD

Complete 10 waves. Get reward. You should be level 8-10 depending on whether you used a potion of clarity. Complete another 10 waves and get the reward. Now you are level 10-12. If you didn’t use a potion and didn’t have a merit token (which adds extra skill points), you will need to be level 12 to unlock the guardians, so you might have to do another 10 waves in your case. If you did have a merit token and used a clarity potion, you will be able to unlock them at after 2 crucible runs of 10 waves.

Sorry for newbie question.
Now I am Lv40 and have already side with Order of Death Vigil however No boss shown up in the end of tomb of the Archon. How come? what i did worng? please advise.