[1.1.5.2] [HC] The Immortal Army - Pet Dervish - Beginner Friendly Pet build! Super fast MC farmer!

Yeah dots don’t stack, it sux. But the build is doing great nevertheless. Combat dummies reset in under 20 sec consistently. I’m still optimizing it for SR and Crucible runs.

but i was told that invincible “pet” 's dot will stack , such as wind devil’s electric dmg,4 wind devil would be op

and beacuse dot from individual one will stack . 4 pet summoned by GoE count as 4 individual entities

Hi, may i know where to farm all the items as mentioned? I do not have crucible, only forgotten gods…can i still farm for it? Please advise!!! Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

He tells you where to farm some of the items in the levelling guide. The others are probably just random drops.

The rules work the same as they do for players and player skills.

• The Burn DoTs from multiple Guardians cast by the same player won’t stack - they are considered the same source. Same goes for Electrocute and Wind Devil or Bleed and Blade Spirit.

• Any non-DoT damage from an aura cast by the pets like Celestial Presence for Guardians, Whirling Blades for Blade Spirit or Howling Winds/Raging Tempest for Wind Devils will also not stack, having multiple pets allows them to spread it to a further area/more enemies at once.

• Anything else that does not fit into the above categories will stack damage with multiple player-scaled pets, usually an active skill used by the pets - so the Physical/Fire damage on Empyrion’s Cleave or Acid/Vitality on Dreeg’s Cleave for the Guardians, Lightning on Maelstrom for the Wind Devils and Pierce/Cold on Blade Eruption for the Blade Spirit.

Awesome build Contragor! I’ll be keeping an eye on this one to see how progress goes, great to see that version of Bart’s Hammer get used elsewhere as well.

1 Like

I need to rephrase my question…exactly where are the places mentioned? Where is new dungeon? I am pretty new here…please help

New dungeon is in the Forgotten Gods content. Once you’ve dealt with the main quest line you need to go back to the Conclave and talk to Riggs who’ll give you a quest to find it.

Fort Ikon is in Act 4 of the vanilla game.

After a lengthy quest in Forgotten Gods. You’ll get the first clue on the trail from Riggs in the Conclave of the Three after you take his deal for the second time.

If you want to skip all of the secret stuff and know exactly where to go and how, then check here: https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Paying_Debts

In the dungeon from the quest Riggs sends you to I mentioned above.

From killing Archon Barthollem at the end of the Tomb of the Archon in Asterkarn if you side with the Order of Death’s Vigil.

The blueprints to craft these are both random drops found anywhere from enemies at the appropriate level to drop either. It’s possible you could receive the Nemesis blueprint from quests that reward Transcendent relic blueprints.

The blueprint to craft it is a rare drop from the Manticore Deathstalker that spawns throughout the Ancient Grove and only on Ultimate.

1 Like

Thanks a million guys…so which means i need to choose to clear forgotten gods first or normal quest till fort ikon?? What’s your opinion?

Do Fort Ikon first because you can get the weapon earlier.

1 Like

Looking at Contragor’s short levelling guide, he levels using another skill in Oathkeeper until he starts to pick up some of the gear pieces he recommends and steadily transitions over to it during the mid stages of the game by maxing Guardians, getting gear for the extras, rushing Blade Spirits etc.

He uses Aegis of Menhir early on which works well and can be picked up immediately, I’ve also found putting a point into Vire’s Might and maxing Volcanic Stride/Tectonic Shift is also really strong/fast.

1 Like

Noted with million thanks!

Just to summarize:

At level 10ish you should be able to grab the Guardians and from that point on just use them as you main damage source.

Then rush to Fort Ikon so that you can get the mace from Barthollem in the Tomb of Archon Barthollem (following the quest line from the Order of Death Vigil in Sorrow’s Bastion. The mace drops as early as level 20 but if you do all the quests along the way, you are more likely to get there by level 40.
You can then go to the final act to get the helmet from the new dungeon. It’s not very rare and a couple of runs should be enough. There’s a guide to get there fast - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAqERgLQG0k

the Burn DoTs from Guardians only come from Empyrion’s Cleave or Dreeg’s Cleave and both can stack ,and the Guardians dont have other Burn DoTs source, am i right?

what you mentioned from rule 1 you listed means Wind Devils’ basic attack from Howling Wind , and Howling Wind do have Lightning DoTs and it wont stack , but Lightning DoTs from Maelstrom which is Wind Devils’ skill , and it can stack, is it true ?

Only the Physical/Fire or Acid/Vitality get applied multiple times with multiple Guardians. Burn/Poison only gets applied once, even with 2+ Guardians. Again, it works like a player skill - using the same skill like Blade Arc will not stack that same Bleed DoT on it, just refresh it.

Howling Wind itself flat out will not stack with itself - it works kind of like Aura of Censure except with a chance to cause impaired aim instead of skill disruption. Every Wind Devil shares the same Censure debuff so having 2+ near an enemy does not overlap them, it only gets effected by the debuff once. This is how Celestial Presence or Whirling Blades work.

Maelstrom is a separate skill so the Electrocute damage on it stacks with Howling Wind but it does not stack with several Wind Devils - it is still just counted as one source so only one application can be active. The Lightning damage is applied directly and isn’t a debuff so multiple Devils will deal the Lightning damage multiple times. This goes for the Guardian’s Cleave and Blade Eruption.

Been away from this game for a very long time and looking to come back and this seems to be a perfect start
Is there a grimtools calc link with the final point allocation in attributes/skills/devotions without gear?

Welcome back to GD! If you go to the skills in the GrimTools link and hold “Shift+Ctrl” you can see the skill points without gear. For the Attributes, hover over the Physique, Cunning and Spirit Attribute names to see how many points were spent. Hope that helps!

thank u for ur answer, but the only grimtools link i can find contains a lot of unassigned attribute and skill points and even the devotions seem to be temporary as op says " I suggest to go with something like this at the beginning
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbPva8N
until you can start converting everything into acid/poison." and i am not sure what he means by this conversion

Take a look at this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2znJjA2
It’s not the final setup but it shows conversions. Scion of Dreeg Guardians transmute skill, converts their physical to acid and fire into vitality. The belt, ring and shoulders convert vitality into acid. Chest armor converts some of the cold damage into acid (blade spirits).

2 Likes