[1.1.5.2] [HC] The Immortal Army - Pet Dervish - Beginner Friendly Pet build! Super fast MC farmer!

thank u very much…will start this cool setup soon :smiley:

Is 1 point in Tectonic Shift not worth it for the additional 3m range?

Also while I’m at it, does the bleeding from that modifier proc %chance devo skill assigned to Vire’s Might?

Worth it! I was just rushing to get blade spirits asap. But yeah, grab that for extra range for sure. Not sure if the bleeding part helps proccing devotions though.

Btw, if you want to level even faster, you can do something like this at the beginning - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EdnKlN
Conflagration procs devo consistently and deals nice extra damage for both AoE and single target (bosses) nukes. Once you get the Meteor Shower, bind it to shadow strike for even more firepower! This one of the fastest levelling specs I’ve ever played.

1 Like

hmm…thx for the reply in patient. if you are right…sorry i have not test it yet.I’ll find it out later.
BTW. what if i applied Char scales “Pet”(Wind Devils or Guardians) to some DoTs source come from Devotion’s skill like Hand of Ultos or Reckless Tempest (both of them do have Electrocute dmg) , in the case of multiple pet present, will they stack ?

DoT damage (Electrocute) won’t stack. Every pet has a chance of proccing devotions but you can’t get multiple procs at once/the same time.

What does RR stand for and at which point do you start moving over to the poison based side of things?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

RR = Resistance Reduction

Ahh, thank you. I got the resistance part, just couldn’t think of the other bit :slight_smile:

I see…so the Burning DoT damage from Guardian’s Cleave and the Bleeding DoT from Blade Eruption wont stack with multiple pet ?

Sorry, but i had run the dungeon few times already…still cannot get the hat…am i doing the right dungeon? The magi court isn’t it?

Think about it this way, If 5 Wind Devils could each stack 5 Howling Wind Electrocute DoTs and 5 Maelstrom DoTs, that’d be crazy levels of OP and would be seeing more attention by players (the game has been around for at least 4 years by this point so lots of mechanics have been tested and worked out).

But they can’t, just 1 Howling Wind and Maelstrom DoT max gets applied. The same goes for the other player pets.

1 Like

Yes, only the magi drop it. Each has a 31% chance to drop it:

Which is what I’m seeing. Is there a chance you have some loot filter settings that omit rare helmets?

2 Likes

Added GrimTool links for both the Acid and Fire versions. Both still need some tweaking in terms of components and augments and still being actively refined thru testing. You can visit my channel for more levelling and performance vids at various stages. This one is recorded without using any double rares or legendary items at level 50. You can expect even better performance with just ignaffar’s gloves and conversion on shoulders.

The test char is using this gear - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2znpRL2

I’m still a low level scrub, but won’t the fact you need a rare helmet and 2H limit these builds endgame capabilities? It seems plenty strong while levelling, but it’s the ability to do endgame without it being a chore I’m after. :smiley:

And do you find fire or acid strongest? Or about the same?

Anyways, I’m gonna bookmark this and keep my eye on this. :wink:

The way I see it, if a build is very capable endgame but a chore to level, - it’s a chore. You may endup getting bored way before you can reach the endgame.

If the build is very fast when levelling but becomes a chore in the end, - it’s a chore, unless you respec into a different setup in the end.

Endgame performance is very good with both the fire and acid versions of this build. If we go strictly by efficiency, I’d choose Fire. But my heart is always set on Acid (a Dreeg’s fanboy here who also loves Deathstalker).

The acid spec does a consistent sub 20 sec dummy resets and the MC Ultimate performance can be seen here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzBUZM4IpZI
If you are strictly after crucible and SR times, I have not tested those yet.

The fire setup deals about 20-30% more damage and requires way less itemization, so I guess it’s better for beginners.

Luckily, I’m a sucker for fire myself, and a newb at that. :wink:

And you’re right on both accounts of “chores”.

And this might be basic af, as I have little game mechanical knowledge, but how does the Blade Spirit scale, when it’s not physcal/fire based? Or does it somehow not matter, as it scales with player? Oo

Check this out https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZobY9EV
The belt and gloves with good rolls can convert up to 90% piercing into fire. The Chest armor and the rings convert most of the cold damage into fire. This is valid for Blade Spirits and Nemesis (relic)
You can even splurge on EoR here as most of its damage will also become fire. Can reach about 18/16 and add quite a bit of extra damage.

1 Like

Ok i need to clarify, so it means the helmet will drop randomly throughout the dungeon or specific monster?

Per GrimTools it any of the seven Magi you fight in the small arena within the dungeon.

Dropped from:

Hey @Evil_Baka any chance you know whether GoE benefit from player attack and movement speed? Cheers.