[1.1.6.0] Lost Souls Skelemancer Cabalist - Feedback Wanted

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPEmAPN

Wanted to get feedback on this theory build I had - it’s based off of the Unimaginative Skelemancer Cabalist that Reapersgaze made, but I wanted to try putting my own spin on it. I haven’t tested it yet, but I think that I got the key points of the old build.

And yes, I know skeletons die to a stiff breeze and aren’t really viable (without a hell of a lot of micromanagement at least) for Ultimate endgame. I still like my clickclack bois.

Made a few changes that I personally feel would be better: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62ak6ymZ

Oh, missed Soul Harvest - good catch.

Does Decay actually help that much in survivability for pets? And I’m guessing you drew points away from Mark of Torment since ideally we aren’t taking damage at all?

Correct and also because the points in decay will do more good compared to the 1 sec and 10% more dmg absorb from Mark, every x seconds.

Skeletons being frail as you noted, can use all the help they can get since they will be your bread and butter.

1 Like

What is the main things keeping the pets alive here? I just respecced my cabalist to Maya’s version and they don’t seems very durable. I respecced a lot of Devotions as well, so could be I have to wait for some ranks :slight_smile: Kubacabra, the Endless Menace ripped all the pets, I assume bleed is his main damage source…

Well the thing is you’re going to lose skelllies. That’s kind of a fact - unless you have godlike micro, skeletons are going to go down. Maya’s version means that they won’t die to a stiff breeze or a fart from an orange mob, not that they’re actually as durable as Shaman summons.

Kubacabra is one of the more difficult nemesis bosses for this, especially since he splits and has a lot of AOE at his disposal. Only thing you can really do is run around, kite, and resummon the skeletons whenever you can. This build was meant more for fun than efficiency.

Of course, I don’t know near as much about the game as Maya so take this with a grain of salt. But that’s my take.

Thanks for reply :slight_smile: I understand that the skellies will drop from time to time, but this time all the pets got ripped too, that’s why I wondered. I will test some more, level the devotions up and see if things get better. My guess is that 24% bleed resist is the problem on this specific boss tho. I came from a much more defensive skeleton build, and Kubacabra was no problem then…it only took forevr. The damage in this build a lot higher than the build I used.

Lost Souls skeletons can survive just fine if you have proper pet resistances.

I’d recommend something more like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZy8OMqV
You can do whatever you like with the 15 remaining skill points

A few notes:

Bonds of Bysmiel doesn’t do much to help keep your pets alive - resistances are far more important. It’s rarely worth investing more than a single point in it.

Pet health bonuses are additive. The summon base skill already gives 125%, Lost Souls completion bonus gives another 40% to skeletons, and other items/devotions provide another ~100%. 8% per skill point is hard to sell at that point.

You seemed to ‘soft cap’ a lot of skills. Different skills scale differently into ultimate ranks - some skills are generally only worth 1 point, some are worth soft capping, some are worth as many points as possible, and a few have other ‘soft’ caps.

Here are some of the guidelines I typically use (some of this you’re already doing):

• Spectral Wrath’s Vitality RR drops to 1 per point at 8 instead of 10. Not worth going past that unless you’ve already maxed out Vulnerability (same RR per point, more reliability)

• Skills used for Damage bonuses usually scale better into ultimate ranks. If you’re going to use them you generally want to overcap them as much as possible. Two exceptions are Blood of Dreeg and Storm Spirit. Their damage bonuses do scale better into ultimate ranks, but some of their other effects (healing on Blood of Dreeg, resistance on Storm Spirit) don’t. I usually soft cap both unless I’m playing acid or elemental. If you’re going chaos, max Hellfire. If you’re going vitality (which is generally what you want with Lost Souls Skeletons), if you’re going to invest in Soul Harvest you should get it as high as possible.

• Manipulation is most important for it’s speed bonus, which doesn’t scale as well into ultimate ranks. I always get it to 12/12, and only go higher if I have way too many skill points.

• Aspect of the Guardian’s Physical Resist scales worse into ultimate ranks but is worth soft-capping if you have the points.

• Reap Spirit gets a 3rd wraith at 23/16. They are very strong. If you can get to 23/16 it’s almost always worth using, otherwise a single point as most. The change to Spiritbinder Glyphs in 1.1.6.0 makes them even better.

• Master of Death scales best until 12/12, but can still be worth overcapping for the DA if you have spare points

• For non physical or bleed builds you don’t need to soft cap Curse of Frailty. I like to get it to 5/10 to get some decent area and duration without a ton of skill points, you can go higher or lower if you like.

• Blight Fiend is amazing but isn’t going to do much for you with low investment on a Lost Souls build. When you do use Blight Fiends, maxing Blight Burst is the biggest priority.

• The difference in scaling between normal and ultimate ranks on Call of the Grave is small enough to ignore. I usually place one point in it unless I have extra points to dump, in which case I place as many as I can.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Sigatrev, this worked much better :smiley:

There’s still one point set in Ravenous Earth but no Celestial skill to bind - is that point better used elsewhere maybe?

Just an oversight while reallocating points.