[1.1.6.2] Beginner's vitality caster Conjurer guide, how to build monster build from the scratch! Suitable for first character

always wanted to try a retal build, although i assume that these builds are not what i imagine retal to be like. I imagine retal to be like coming to the monsters and sit there while they kill themselves, while seeing how you have %retal damage to attack, i understand that it works pretty much like a melee build, right?

You can do that for sure. Fervor is just some icing on the cake and to have some stuff to do and to speed up a bit. At this point (I am level 61 now) i’d say 85-90% damage is counter strike and regular retal and targo hammer procs.

are you making a guide for it?

Meanwhile, in the alternate universe of the original thread… I’m currently level 99, melting the poor trash groups in ultimate and running away from the bosses while they also melt.

Level 99 with some decent gear looking like this right now: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvDrBEN

1 Like

Latest update on my progress following this build guide as closely as possible… I spent ‘a few’ hours today getting the full Dark One set. I ended up with 3 hoods, 3 raiments, 3 mantles and one grasp. The grasp was the last part to drop, the multiple other bits were a side-effect of extreme farming. I also got a lot of other decent stuff in drops from that Edge of Reality area, it’s profitable if a little annoying (and dangerous in HC).

Here’s the level 100 build/gear as it was before acquiring the Dark One set, so you can see what was used to farm the Edge of Reality area over and over and over… https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRwYwxN

1 Like

Another update: Dark One set equipped, a few skill points redistributed due to overcapping past hard cap on Bloody Pox and Wendy Totem. The big news is I killed Lokarr without using any buff pots. Silly, I know, but I wanted to test the build.

This is how it’s looking now: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2B8QekZ

2 Likes

Hey there, nice guide.

I started game as this class a long time ago, but as it was so long ago I didn’t really remember the story, so starting again.

This guide will help give me some guidance for doing the star constellation thingy, which I was purely winging it on before, but cool to see we had similar build ideas, in terms of a DoT character, with AoE, as they’re my favourite.

I was wondering if you could give me some advice in regards to stats though, please? I don’t quite understand what you’ve written in your guide, as I think this is aimed at experienced players.

as a new player (this will be my first character, as I have never finished the game before, and I’m essentially re-rolling here) what is the stat spread I should have, please? Should I be putting points into spirit or body, I’m not sure what you mean in your guide.

1 Like

For attributes, your main one will be physique. But at some point if you want to wear off-hand you need spirit points, cause that’s the requirement. For same reason cunning might be needed for the blade. Spirit is also useful, cause it boost your % vitality damage and energy regen. I would say if you start the build put points 4:1 ratio in physique vs spirit or 3:1. Later you can use potion (quest reward) to reset your attributes, so no big deal if you make a mistake or you need points to wear specific piece of gear.

1 Like

thanks.

I am at level 4 now and have just done Phys so far, so will do 4:1 for now.

Dammit, Nery, i am here only for a week, but already in love with your guides))) TY, man, it is awesome, anb this one i am going to try

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

Hope you’ll enjoy this build. :slightly_smiling_face:

Can anyone explain to newbee how could it be? I am looking GT for this and many other builds, and i can see that there is f.e. 26/16 of some spell, thou i expecting that maximum will be 16/16? Where r u taking an extra points above max level of current spell? Is it from stars, or from gear, or is it some kind of a voodoo magick?

I mean vitality casters are always resilient builds. Conjurer especially is pretty good if you don’t mind AoE centric piano builds.

Eventually you’ll find items with +skills to either specific skill or mastery.

2 Likes

Hi @Nery
i just bought this game and want to create my first lv 100 char, is this guide still viable in 1.1.9.1? i’m still following this guide and now at lvl 15 on normal. Also do you recommend to finish the base game first or try FG when the emissary is appear?

1 Like

I’d personally go there asap just to get Movement Skill Augment + select faction and skip it completely after that till after Ultimate Malmouth unless some good gear from there / Eldritch Essence is needed.

2 Likes

Hi, yes the guide is viable and doesn’t require any major changes. Perhaps only thing is that I wouldn’t go for Boneblade but for Bonespike weapon (they drop from same place anyway), rest is all good.

What @tqFan said about Witch God factions is good idea. You can do some quests to unlock movement runes, I think you need friendly status and continue quests from base game. Movement rune will save you some time moving down the map. BUT for my first play through I would probably won’t go there first but let the story unfold+FG quests awards less experience.

If we look for which factions are the most important for leveling first character, I would say Malmouth’s resistance, because they sell XP boosting potion + Devil’s Crossing, cause they have some low level augments like Survivors’ Ingenuity and armor augments.

@Nery, and i wander if there any rotation, that your conjurer shoud use? You wrote only 4 swarm shouldn’t be spammed, but Who shoul? Now on 20 swarm is still my Best dd, while i maxed it according to your guide, yet Pox is still weak, and i use it just 4 the bat’s proc. Basically, i hame Mogdrogen’s and Solael’s on myself, going to monster pack, casting Frailty, Pox and then Swarm which kills everything. Is it the way it should be?

Which skill should be spammed? On this particular build, none. Frailty and Pox are fire&forget type of skills. Swarm is shot on each new monster. Rest of the time try placing Sigil beneath enemies and totems in range. Until you unlock later skills though, you can cast more often Swarm. The main problems with that are: significant energy cost and the fact you’ll likely have low casting speed.

1 Like

Thank u, i got it. As 4 my impressions, build has a lot of fun. And as a new player in GD, want to try a different playstile, and trying to choose one of your DW melee beginner build. Can u tell me, which one is actual in 1.1.9.1 and which one is fun2play?

1 Like

My DW builds are usually outdated. Except the Saboteur, not great class but it works. As fun, every build with Shadow Strike should cover this requirement. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like