[1.1.6.2] Beginner's vitality caster Conjurer guide, how to build monster build from the scratch! Suitable for first character

Thanks man. Level 75 is right around the corner so, Lokar’s has just about served its due purpose. I am now starting to consider the gear replacements for chest, head, shoulders, and feet. I have some ideas, and working off of what you used as a baseline.

Weapon is also still a level 24 weapon :sweat_smile: so its time to farm an upgrade in Ultimate.

1 Like

Yes, now %vitality damage boost is worth using. But actually the fact weapon is 24 level isn’t that big of a problem, compared to some other builds, since build don’t count on skills with weapon damage. And low base damage isn’t problem. Same with shield. Only bigger vitality damage, DA, OA are the improvement.

About Lokarr set, you can still put it on when turning quests for the juicy 40% EXP boost.

1 Like

Oh yeah, trust me ill be carrying Lokars set with me for that purpose! Just feel the need to ensure I have gathered a good collection of gear to wear in its place and for future levels, so I am looking ahead at your level 80 build state, and level 90+ to see what might be useful to hang on to. I will focus most on % Vit damage, resistance factors, and OA/DA.

Its very clear after leveling from 1 - 70 how important the Sigil is on this build. There are so many sources of Vit damage and Vit resistance reduction bouncing around from all the other skills while Im playing piano that the damage output is astronomical, and with the ADCtH, while stacking Sigils on-target.

I noticed multiple Sigils on debuffed enemies dissolves them, so I am trying to keep my eyes peeled hoping to roll a pair of rings that pumps my vit damage and also has Gildam Arcanum suffix to provide a tiny possible advantage in double Sigils every once in a while. The belt Im currently using has the Gildam Arcanum suffix and let me tell you when 2 Sigils go up one right after the other, on top of the debuffs, its game over for anything ive come up against so far.

Yes, Sigils are very good for single target. I noticed you have storm totems, they can also help with single target damage.

So if you want more Sigil damage, you can farm for that green MI medal from Rylok enemies in between acts 5 and 6.

I personally didn’t get single piece of gear with Gildam Arcanum suffix but I can get double Sigils is dope. Sigils damage is stacking on same target, unlike some spells, so it’s very good. Also you have collected all devotion points, so you have all the damage procs+Dying God for vitality damage. That makes your offense even more potent!

1 Like

Yeah I decided to make getting the devotion set up established first my primary goal, then leveling and farming rep, because the devotion set-up is very helpful and makes the other 2 things faster.

I thought i screwed the thing up because i had taken sailor first, not eel, so i was missing a point and was like oh no man what the hell did i do? Lol thankfully i caught it, respecced and its good to go! Works awesome man!

Nice! Actually I made it more complicated, since I took Sailor’s Guide for it’s stats over Eel.

Also I don’t know if you craft relics on low level characters but you can use different one, if you crafted it for some of your other toons. Like Dreeg’s Affliction at level 70 looks nice. But if you haven’t crafted it, think it’s too expensive for just replacement for Eldritch Pact.

I dont have Eldritch Pact blueprint unfortunately. Going to have to do some SR runs I guess!

Dude I just hit 75 and replaced Mark of Dreeg with Seal of Blight and… good lord! This build is truly a piano build, but I am loving it! The single target damage is just getting crazier. I am trying to figure if theres a way to make Acid Purge give ADCtH.

1 Like

LoL, how you will pilot this thing?

In my mind channeling skill with under 180% cast speed is pure cancer, so I wouldn’t use this skill at all.

Acid Purge do have small Weapon damage compartment, so you will benefit from global life steal but vitality spells, especially Sigil are superior.

1 Like

Its definitely clunky and certainly inferior for SR or Crucible environment, but the combo of casting all the debuffs, then channeling acid purge on the boss with one finger while tapping the sigil key with another seems to be annihilating these bosses on ultimate, even in Lokars gear still lol.

I wont stay with it but, I am impressed with how effective it is. I have noticed the difficulty utilizing it as a serious tactic against groups of heroes from monster totems though, so thats how i can make the connection this approach is not suited for crucible or SR, but in MC its working great.

I wasnt sure what to replace Mark of Dreeg with in my weapon so was just experimenting with some higher level components.

I would either stick with Imbued Silver or use Seal of Blight for %vitality damage but without using the grated skill. Seal of Blades or Haunted Steel life steal is useless. Oleron’s giving small speed and OA boost but meh. RektbyProtoss is using shield components, I tried it but they are not needed. Seal of Might is nice defensive alternative.

As for level 94+ there are few items that can push the build to the next level:

• Nighrbringer weapon or Gul’Amash skull for Sigil damage.

• Eldritch Pact relic is really dope. If you have the blueprint is totally worth it.

1 Like

Ill need to do some SR runs to get that blueprint for the relic Eldritch Pact. Just leveling and doing quests in Ultimate until Shino hits 94 and can get some better gear pieces.

Shino at level 85! Still only 1 death!

1 Like

Thanks for the build. Vitality conjurer was my first ever character, although I just took it through Normal and made a mess of it. Have a lvl 97 Purifier in Ultimate that is starting to feel like it needs a big gear upgrade but I feel like rerolling. Hoping to take this to 100 and start a bit of decent farming, especially Lokarr’s.

1 Like

Having Lokarr set will help your other characters leveling process. Conjurer is suitable for that.

Also check this GT for ideas about your Purifier, no need to put it down, it can become stronger. :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pElQ1V

Wow!

I went back to Normal mode to try out farming SR for the Eldritch Pact relic blueprint as level 85.

Jumped to SR 65-66, and handled it no problem! Still wearing Lokar’s gear! The scariest moment was facing what appeared to be 2 Fabius in the 66 boss room. I used the camera abuse technique but they dashed onto me, with Reaper snapping at their heels.

I could not believe I did not die! Not once!

@Nery, thank you again for sharing this build. I already have gotten so much joy just being able to actually survive 65-66 with a character on my own, and with time still on the clock! This has just made me feel so pumped!!! I can finally participate in at least a tiny portion of this endgame everyone is always posting about! And its cool as hell! The rolls on gear are out of this world! I got an amulet with 108% Acid/Poison Resistance! Ive never seen any resistance so high, and theres pants and shoulders with like 50% aether res and stuff, I am just blown away.

Ill continue posting my experiences with this build and will GT it again in a bit when im done, but I just had so much fun doing SR I felt I needed to thank you before I did anything else.

There are a lot of beginner builds out there, but I have trouble reading them with so many links, so much information everywhere, and not organized neatly. This is one of the best ones I have seen, very clean and organized and easy to read and navigate. The drop down menus are a godsend, and the orange lettering on those portions really helps find where this critical data is stored. This is all what made your guide so approachable as a noob, attempting to follow it.

Fantastic work and a fantastic build. And, of course, what a fantastic game, right?! Today, now seeing whats possible behind the SR door, Grim Dawn has become my favorite ARPG of all time. And Crate will pretty much forever have my business as a result, unless theres a huge change in management that affects the way they work with their fanbase and supporters.

2 Likes

Hello guys! Thanks for the guide!

BTW, im totally noob in this game and now im trying to follow this guide (tried before some champs 30-40 lvl). So thats the question - what am i doing wrong?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYoLMlV Thats my char for now, whats wrong with my equipment?
Im trying to max poison and bleeding dmg, AOE dmg is good because of bat procs, but killing single target is a hell, really.
I feel uncomfortable with this hero for now :frowning:

1 Like

I dont know if this is normal but… jesus christ man… +8 to Cadence?! This weapon looks crazy strong! Those values are nuts.

LoL crazy rolls. I had once Bloodthirsty Mace with +8 Savagery.

Btw, sorry to ask you but can you look the guy’s GT from the above post if something is wrong, since I don’t have access to my PC and can’t open GT from my old phone.

Im also working off my phone, but from what i see right away hes not using the shield. That may explain some decreased survivability.

2 Likes

Thanks, i tried to add shield. Much better, but still low single target dmg.

Can’t understand which type of weapon should i use? Swords? Physical dmg? wands? Poison? Bleeding? lol. too much types of dmg in skills, sorry for stupid questions :slight_smile:

Upd: just got Vendigo - much better now. :slight_smile:

1 Like