[1.1.6.2] Desolator Purifier (Bursting) Round III - damage setup

Introduction

If you want ranged, best possible option is Purifier class, combining Fire Strike+Inquisitor WPS skills. And Desolator have pass through attack for projectiles, making it even more valuable weapon. This is glass canon approach for this style of play.

Credit for the two previously posted Desolator builds:

[1.1.4.2] Inquisitus Deletus Criminalus - Max WPS Desolator, Ranged Fire Strike Purifier (+Bonus Flame Keeper Build) by @thejabrixone

[1.1.5.1] (2H Ranged) Let's bring BIG GUNS TO THE BATTLE - Desolator Purifier [c+] [sr+] by @afanasenkov26

Build

• pic with permanent buffs only

• now fully buffed, including Abomination and Deadly Aim

GRIM TOOLS :arrow_right: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV99jQxV

Gear:

My goal is to have as much as possible skill points invested in FS line. So here +1 to Demo is far more valuable than +1 to Inquistor. To get the skill bonuses, I took Korvaak for the relic slot and also Demo belt. Kaisan amulet boosts both classes and gives %total damage, making it very good amulet!

Boots provides bonuses to both of this build RR skills - Censure and Mines, also stun res, DA, OA and proc. Pants to cover resistances. I like very much here the items giving +skills to FS line, Elemental Harmony rings, 2pieces Dagallon and shoulders with +4 Brimstone, together with medal, Seal of Void my WPS are sitting pretty close to 100%.

Devotions:

Abomiantion, since helm converts 50% chaos to fire, also Torch for flat damage and proc, both Kraken and Hydra, Elemental Storm for flat RR.

Performance

Build is a bit glassy, dying from time to time but if you play well and time your Displacement and passive defenses will make it somewhat consistent. Wave 169 is trouble as usual, Grava is hardest Nemesis. Also Mad Queen have nasty aura against projectile attacks, so watch out!

Times are usually under 6 minutes, with average speed of about 5:45-5:50. Here’s video - 5:26!

1 Like

Love it when all the discussion went into the other thread but this went empty :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for reminding these noobs where to write :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah, guys write here! Here is where we left off:

Double jaxxon is the best

Double jaxxon is also the only equipment i know that made me take longer to clear crucible for some builds despite doing more damage. By literally reducing dps by making the game run slower with projectile overload. Together with storm spread.

1 Like

I have experienced that myself too :sweat_smile:

To 6-7 FPS in Crucible.

Double jaxxon is the way

Hello, I can’t understand how you place your devotional points.
It seems impossible to reach certain constellations in this way.
I tried but I can’t.
For example, the torch and the abomination, I miss Eldricht points to be able to start them.
And it’s the same for the Kraken where I miss Primordial points
Really sorry in advance for my English and for my noobism …
I am still a beginner.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

No need to apologize :slightly_smiling_face:

In Grim Dawn devotion can sustain themselves but sometimes you need to take devotion just for affinity and then remove it.

So you can take the listed devotions in this order:

• Red
  • Viper
  • Green
  • Quill
  • Spider
  • Purple
  • Rhowan Crown
  • Remove Purple and Red
  • Eel
  • Kraken
  • Remove Eell
  • Solael’s Witchblade
  • Hydra
  • Ghoul
  • Torch
  • Hawk
  • Abomination, only right hand

Also since you are new player you might miss some of the items, here’s cheaper version with some faction items.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25D7k0N

I think this is wrong, when I tried it I had to re-add in Red. Otherwise this works.