[1.1.6.2] MEGASORC - BwC+Canister+Mortars Super Duper Tanky Sorcerer (c5:30 average) (sr80 no aggro abuse)

You sure? Look again.

1 Like

Damn what a mega good build!

And yes it’s very different(and better) than my build. Blast them bombs! :slightly_smiling_face:

I like your devo so much. Might steal it for testing another build… :shushing_face:

Can’t finish Torch though…

I dig the build and the devotions! Have you tried using Wendigo with your conversion? Cansiter bomb is a monster wendigo proccer.

Yes, I did. I think it was this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRrPmvZ. It was close. More raw dmg. But another active devo messes up the bindings in way I didn’t like (like Torch on the movement rune or no BwC on Fissure which is a powerhouse when it gets to 1s cooldown). And also energy became a slight issue. But it’s also a great way to make it. It’s much better in Crucible where you always have lots of enemies to leech from. But with scales it’s more universal, I think

1 Like

Converted scales is just so good

ScalesOP

edit: sorry @Crittrain

4 Likes

I’m not entirely certain that BwC is better for Fissure than CB, even with >=34% CDR and a strong BwC focus.

Very nice build. I have question about devotion route as I’ve played kinda similar fire concept but canister/mortar : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EkAr8Z

Going for Elemental seeker made my clear times way better, I couldn’t go under 5:30 with any other fire damage oriented devotion route and after switching to it I had consistent runs under 5:30, fastest was 5:15. Would it work here?

I think the only way to finish torch is to remove Phoenix, Spider and the yellow crossroads point and replace them with Raven and Oklaine. I don’t know if it’s worth it btw, you lose Alladrah’s final which is extra tankiness, some health, DA and 5% crit dmg, to gain some OA (about 100 I think) and tiny damage multipliers.

Damn, you’re right. The delay of the cluster bombs makes 2 Fissures proc with every CB. It’s certainly better against few enemies and close enough against many. Tested in Fort Ikon just now. And BwC on Phoenix makes the uptime better for sure. WIll update the build later. Thx.

I did a setup with Seekers and double Pyre rings. I did 5-ish runs so it’s definitely faster but died every second run.

Without those Pyre rings and and Warpfire, I’m not sure Seekers are worth it. Have you tried sth like this? https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28LGaD2 (quick craft)

Not worth it. Last two in Torch give 100%fire/100%burn. Phoenix gives 120%fire/100%burn plus a bunch of good stats plus a a very good proc. Raven and Lantern minus Spider don’t make up for it imo.

I’ve tryied few routes, with phoenix either but probably not this one from your link, once I find motivation to go with it sub5 I am going to give it a try :grinning:

I have one question either about “The big one”. I see you corected it in my GT link and you don’t use it in your sorc. Is it not worth for mortar traps? How does it work exactly? Description is not full clear at all for me.

I have played it and confirm that the build is really good. Here is my really fast Crucible run with it:

But I have tried to be cavalier in SR and died quite a lot in SR80. Shouldn’t be that hard with aggro abuse tho:

It needs buffed… :kapp:

Nobody knows how it really works but here’s what I observed:

• one Mortar can only shoot one Big One throughout its life
  • it’s more or less random when it happens
  • sometimes it doesn’t happen at all

So when you have 24s lifespan Mortars at 2s cooldown and you spam them, it very often happens that you kill your first Mortar before it had a chance to shoot its Big One. Conversely, if you summon them coolly, not in a rush, Mortars that already shot Big One are left alone to never shoot it again as long as they live.

In practice, when I spam my Mortars I see Big Ones sometimes every 4 seconds, sometimes 2 in a row (rarely), and sometimes I don’t see any for 10 seconds (quite often). When you summon them coolly, then you’ll see noticeably less Big Ones. On the average with 5 Mortars, idk, looks like maybe one in every 20-25 shots is a Big One.

As for clear times, it would be a boost if you maxed Big One if it was for free. At 1p, however, Big One deals less dmg than your normal shell (it matches dmg around softcap) so it’s DPS loss. Radius is cool but, hey, it might not work for 10 seconds or longer. Not worth 12 skill points for 5.5m radius increase and 25%dmg increase (on this build) in this system for sure. If you have many free ranks then compare the tooltip and see if it’s worth it for 1p.

2 Likes

Hi! Is this build playable as a beginner with no gear?

This particular build, no. Every pierce of gear serves a purpose. As for the concept, yes, you can make a decently performing beginner fire sorcerer. It’s a budget friendly concept. Check the compendium in the budget section.

I can’t figure it out, Why the Silvercore Bolts?

Chtonic % damage.
Chtonics are fiery bros. They have high Fire Resistance. Racial % damage is amazing even if it chips your tooltip because (from what I gather) it applies last, after all Conversions and everything.

1 Like

Has anyone tested this with the upgraded Mortar Trap big one? Someone told me here [1.8.1.1] Fenix – Health Regen focused Mortar Purifier (SR80 and some celestial bosses) that big one got buff.

Also has anyone tried with higher Demon fire for damage reduce?

Thanks