[1.1.6.2] Ravenous Boner - SR 75-76, Lokarr tank

I’d like to give credit to Nery, malawiglenn, and mad_lee. Nery and malawiglenn for help on a Cabalist I made a while back, and mad_lee’sConjurer of the Dark Arts guide which I borrowed some ideas from.
Grimtools.
In game:

With procs active:

SR 76 complete:

What I wanted from the build?
I really wanted to make a build that focused on RE and bone harvest. I had made a cabalist version previously with maxed bone harvest and RE, but it didn’t hit as hard as I had hoped it would. After reading mad_lee’s conjurer guide I thought maybe that would be a good route to go with the additional vit RR available in the shaman tree. I also wanted something that could facetank 99% of the time.
Build pros and cons
Pros: large life pool, kills almost everything and can facetank
Cons: pidgeon holed on many gear pieces to get to max skills, resists when debuffed are an issue if you don’t kill something quick

Skill allocation and gear:
There is a fair bit of customization that can be had here. Again I wanted a max RE, bone harvest, and decay but this build would probably still do great if you wanted to swap out some pieces for some more resists etc…
Weapon: bonespikes are king here, farm in mountain deeps by taking deadman’s portal and going north. I would love to find one with a +2 to bone harvest and high +% to vit which would provide flexibility on some of the other slots.
Off-hand: Mythical Hallanx’s Head, I like everything about it but…it is missing resists in a huge way. Other options: skull of gul’amash, orb of the black flame (has RR proc), blood orb of chthon
Amulet: reavers for added damage and distance to bone harvest. Also, blood knight (I liked the extra pets here) soulcatcher, venomfire, I want to try celestial stone of halakor to see what that does to my totems, are all possible options
Rings: prime ring seems perfect here. maybe double cursebearer? mythical signet of the fallen?
Pants: wendigomane, boneweave or a green of your choice
Boots: boneshatter treads, rift-torn greaves, or a good green to fill resists
Belt: string of maggots is awesome, other possibilities: wildblood girdle, girdle of stolen dreams (allows you to swap out either the pants or boots and still maintain max bone harvest) , luna’valgoths belt as well
Medal: farm one of these east of coven for the +3 to decay. also has chance for + to other skills, resists, etc… which are gravy
Relic: this was chosen for + all skills and added survival. If I could roll an Uroburuuks with the + bone harvest would give more gear flexibility, eldritch pact and necrosis also look to be solid

Conclusion: I find this build to be a lot of fun. If you want to facetank you can. It has some pets to follow you around and could easily be tweaked to add more if that’s your thing. This build is endgame I realize with some of the items requiring a considerable amount of farming (morgoneth ring, string of maggots, and hallanx off-hand) but all 3 of these can be had on the morgoneth quest with a little time investment.
Crucible - I am not a huge crucible runner, I tried and died at 169 twice but feel this is more due to my piloting skills, not kiting when I should, but am certain it can be done. Maybe a different gear setup or placement at beginning of waves?
SR - I have only tried up to 76. I may try and push it to see how far he can go. Used the camera trick to lure bosses one at a time. Depending on combinations this might not be necessary. I did not use any totems/shrines
Bourbon clones - Successful on 2/5 tries so not great, but again probably a slight gear change and repositioning of toon occasionally would prove better. I think I swapped in blood knight’s pendant the 2 times I had a successful kill.
Lokarr - times are at 20s, can tank almost 100%, occasionally I have to step away to heal
Ravager - tried and I was quickly destroyed, didn’t try using
Devotions - Do these look right to everyone? Obviously what I have works but maybe someone else sees a more optimal setup?
Would love any input and comments, thanks

2 Likes

Nice dude! Glad you made it so far with this char and that I could be of any help :slight_smile:

You could do something about resistances with some change of augments.

I can have a closer look tomorrow when I have more time!

Mobs of enemies with many many debuffs can be a problem. Although this guy does leech decently. So yea, crucible is an issue in the later waves. Probably would also help for me to learn where the dangerous bosses spawn points are, if I was going to go for crucible running. If you think I can improve survivability without losing much kill power I’m all for it. thanks

You absolutely wanna max Spectral Wrath on any aether/vit/phys necro. It’s not just 1% rr per point after rank 10. It’s also 0.1s cooldown and 0.1m radius. And max Wendigo Totem with full Dark One! It’s the main thing of this set! You can let go of Heart of the Wild, max everything else and you’re still 16k+ health https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRg7yrN.

Also, I’m sure an RE amulet would be a good DPS increase over Reaver’s Hunger but this one is a matter of preference. I’d also use double Morgo rings and change the pants to sth else like Wendigomane for more oa and phys res which you lack. Morgo pants are shit.

Sorry for unsolicited advice…:wink:

I’ll play around with your suggestions and see how it goes. Will have to farm another morgo ring to try that out. Is giving up the vit RR on the cursebearer worth it? I guess grabbing another morgo ring would get my +2 BH back. On second look you are right on the pants, I basically just shoe horned them in for the +2 BH but other pants out there are much better. Couple quick changes brought me to the following https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkPkDv2 Will also look at wendigomane and compare venomfire ammy, which I thought I had but might be sitting on another toon. What do you think about replacing the seal of blades in the bone spike with another seal of might?

1 Like

I had a look at the devotions, it seems you are focusing on wpn dmg for sustain since you have ghoul and last node in dying god instead of the wendigo constellation.

Absolutely. The amount of heal you get from W. Totems and Bat - you don’t need that extra adcth from Seal of Blades. Especially as your only wpn dmg skill is BH.

Imo the best amulet for RE is the classic Soulcatcher. But to fully use its mod to RE you would need the green necro belt with chaos to vit. Flat dmg to RE applies to every projectile, so every “x damage to RE” line is very powerful.

Worth FARMING Morgo ring? Hell no! :wink:

Cursebearer is great but in theory second Morgo ring would be worth it. Mainly because it helps you change the pants but also further boosts BH and Bat and gives major oa.

But first of all max that W. Totems. With Dark one it’s maybe the best skill in the game now. :wink:

K, switched over to wendigo but had to give up sailor’s. How do devotions look now?

Done and done

20 more morgo runs and another morgo ring finally. I tried the wendigo leggings and didn’t particularly like them on the build. Here is the most updated build https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gjwlWN. It kills faster and the survivability is pretty much the same. Maybe I could upgrade the slots a bit if I either get A) better rolls or B) with some ridiculous MIs. I will probably continue to do runs on mountain deeps and ugdenbog in the hopes of getting some awesome mods on a bonespike and basilisk crest. Sidenote, is it me or do basilisk crests not drop as frequently as they have in the past, seems the same for these reapers legguards as well?

> Ravenous Boner

This build needs medical help? :thinking:

1 Like

Only if it lasts longer than 4 hours :rofl:

Nice build mate!

Yes, well he certainly drains the life out of others. :wink:

Thanks