[1.1.7.0] Helping in building Pure Physical Forcewave Commando!

Hi!!
After playing this game for 3 weeks, I come up with this build:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqP5GvV

Killing bosses and nemesis in ultimate is pretty ok but when it comes to crucible (challenger level), I feel like my character is not that strong and I usually die at 150+ wave, and if lucky enough I can get to wave 170. Can you guys give me advices on how to improve my character as I know that I need to get the more suitable legendary set items? Or is it because physical commando is weak comparing to other classes ?

Yeah, don’t take Demo with Physical Forcewave. It’s either OK (most popular) or OC.

As for some more up-to-date builds you could compare yours with, here’s super tanky Warlord

And this is my personal standard more offensive Witchblade theorycraft that I haven’t finished/tested in-game yet
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvBBkkV

Although your Commando looks pretty ok defensively, it doesn’t have Tip of Scales which both builds I’ve linked have. And also you should overcap Aether res at least a bit.

Scales with full Vitality to Physical conversion from the belt is kinda nutty ya know. Definitely incorporate that.

Yea as I might have read some very old posts that pure Forcewave is the strongest build for commando, maybe it’s actually not that good. Is there a possible way that I can switch my class or I have to play a new character ?

Commando is the strongest Forcewave but Fire Forcewave. Fire Forcewave is the strongest Forcewave possible I think.

You can reset your second class with GD Defiler with a few clicks if you want but it’s not like your character is going to be bad or anything, it’s the lack of Phys RR that makes it weaker for the most part.

But honestly, just play Fire Forcewave! It’s the best thing you can do! I think there are like 2-3 superb Fire Forcewave Commando builds on forum (and in Compendium as far as I remember). But you gotta do a lot of farming. Physical Forcewave is easier to gear up I think.

1 Like

Yea I did a lot of farming but still did not find the gear I want (farming from BOC,SOT,3 acts last bosses and totem). Do you have any ways for a more efficent farming ?
Thanks

Not an expert in the matter but I remember this recent topic you could read