[1.1.7.1] Markovian Warlord Shield 'Supertank'

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gO8062

I wanted to try theorycrafting a build almost purely focused on shield defence and survivability - I like making themed builds and Warlord is perfect for being focused on shields. Attacking ability was kind of an afterthought with this one, not really meant for challenges like Crucible. I mean it could probably maybe do it, it’d just take a week. Thoughts on how to improve the defences? I wanted to hit 100% block recovery but couldn’t figure out how outside of going a double shield build, which I’d rather not because it seems ridiculous.

Side note: I tend to theorycraft a lot for this game, how much time should I give to not flood the forum?

EDIT: Tried taking in some advice, this is what I’ve got so far.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKqkkOV

Still tweaking and editing - gave up some of the DA since the build should be able to survive w/out it, and w/ more RR from the Assassins Blade and GoE, should hopefully be able to kill stuff a bit better. Also dropped the FW focus in favor of Cadence for a DAR.

If you like theorycrafts bring it on! :slightly_smiling_face:

About Marko I will not go Forcewave, it’s underwhelming skill even with full Octavius set and without it you’re better building auto attack/Blitz hybrid. Also Gladiator’s belt/Scale combo is pretty dope.

Check my Carrot tank:

[1.1.6.2] The new Carrot tank - Markovian S&B Warlord! SR 75+/Crucible buffless

EDIT:

@mad_lee about problems lack of Celestial Presence and Assains’ Mark, just saw that. My build needs some updating but still should be good.

There are a lot of problems with the calc, someone will surely point them all out (lack of RR in devotions and Oathkeeper master is a criminal offense, it leads to huge dips in survivability).

But what I will recommend is to test your stuff in-game. Make a separate save folder for your gd-stashed theorycrafts and test your stuff there. Game is the fastest way to get the feedback.

Because the difference between theorycrafts of inexperienced players and reality is often huge.

2 Likes

Will do. Completely forgot about RR, but why is Oathkeeper mastery so bad for this sort of thing?

It’s great for it, but you forgot RR in Oathkeeper.

Oh, kk, misread your post.

My first build was a Warlord.
I call him Warguard of the Overlord, because he has perma Overguard while having decent damage. But when damage really matters, it can fail.
But he was the only one yet (my other melee builds, Infiltrator, Dervish, Bladmaster, Vindicator, Paladin) who could beat SR Ultimate 50 to get access to the SR set. I am too bad of a player obviously, but my builds can compensate a good chunk of it. They are not top builds certainly. But strong enough for a bad player.

Warguard of the Overlord
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0azlXZ

Preface: This build was inspired by Colossal Bulwark specifically, as I’ve always liked Overguard, but have to admit that Markovian’s Defense absolutely guts its usefulness. If Colossal Bulwark’s math works the way I assume it does, the damage penalty is cut down to a manageable -8%.
The intent of this build was to make something that’s both really easy to pilot, but also stupidly difficult to kill, without relying exclusively on pets.

Grimtools link

This comes out at 100% WPS (with fully capped Shattering Smash for phys RR), perfect block (assuming slightly above average rolls on gear with +% block chance) at a permanent >7k block absorption, serviceable OA after -360 DA from Blindside, and considerable health regen as well as lifesteal from Mark of the Voracious One.

I’ve tried a couple of variations of this build, including one that used Juggernaut for additional regen (with surprisingly solid results, I think the relic is really good, but was ultimately a little lacking in damage), Cadence (which lacked raw stats, and I don’t think is all that great without additional targets from Fighting Form or Crimson Claws), and Markovian’s Bulwark (which suffers under Markovian’s Defense and has worse raw block absorption).

The end result was… a little disappointing, performance wise, primarily as far as single target damage was concerned. It chugs along comfortably, but Arcane enemies can get a little frustrating because it’s unlikely you’ll kill them before they throw at least one Nullification at you.
In lighter news, however, it comfortably shrugs off upwards of 20k incoming DPS, and can hold its ground against up to 30k with potions, as long as it’s blockable. I don’t think Menhir’s Will even had a chance to trigger here.
(this kind of shocked me in hindsight, as the character is hardcore, and I would expect to have died twice over with that much damage coming in)
30k%20dps
I’m not sure how confident I am in its ability to facetank Crate of Entertainment though. While the lifesteal is there, % damage reduction only comes from Empyrion devotion, and armor + block “only” sums up to about 11.5k mitigation, which might still be lethal.
(It also can’t do Callagadra as a result of not having enough phys resist.)

Overall, it kind of suffers from poor OA/DA without the ring, and subsequently requires two specific greens, which isn’t all that great.
I’ve not spent much time refining this build any further, because if I want to play something for the purpose of safety, I’ll just stick to pets instead. The damage output is just a little too low to really shine.

This is my tanky Warlord, I call him Rock and he may not look tough but he is the first build I make that are able to defeat Calla, Ravager, Mogdrogen, SR 80, and all spawn Crucible although not within a significant times. Nevertheless I quite proud of him.