[1.1.7.1] Shotgun rata lightning Warder 150-170cr 5:10 + 170ex naked/sr 100 + 75-76 safe farm/Callagadra and Ravager sub 2min + facetank Crate

Leveling with retaliation is not good idea, it’s very gear demanding concept. I suggest to do that with 2H ranged weapon + Primal strike.

This build is not very expensive so it can be done with self found gear. Only getting 2x Ring of Sethris may be problematic without hard grind so use 1 of them + rare Creeping Ring or 2x Creeping rings, it’s going be okay. Callagadra helmet can be dropped on elite, before you can use Dawnguard one or even Fettan Mask for +1 skills.

Added 5:10 run. Probably sub5 if some of our top speedrunners would pilot it. Maybe adding some racial damage with outcast wrath/purified salt/bone would make it faster but less tanky in sr too.

Nice build! Avenger or Citadel as relic are both inferior? Avenger has nice proc (as per description).

1 Like

That is… savage? Great build, I’ve thought that lighthing retal is a meme. I was wrong.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply…so for leveling, what’s your opinions on the skills and when should i change to retal? What about devotions?

@grey-maybe Thank you! Current performance (being close to 5min) is mostly because it was buffed in hotfix.

@AngmarDT The reason I took Honor was enemies like Alexander/mages spawned on 161/aetherial trio and other no-hard meele hitters, it was slowing runs a lot of, they must be bursted out fast and any other relic can’t help you so much with it. 2nd best choice I would say is Absolution because of tankyness but until you go over sr100 it’s not really needed.

@Jess_Tan I would personaly take semi-help from this beginner guide: [1.1.2.5] Beginners/Budget Vindicator,lightning Caster/2h Ranged versions

Just skip inquisitor side, on Soldier take just bottom skills or any passive-buffs but prioritize Shaman before.

Very impressive.

1 Like

Hey, dumb question here.
How did you magage to get Anvil devotion? I always miss 1 Ascendant point to start it.
I actually have: Widow, Lotus, Panther, Sailor’s Guide, Lion, Thargo the Builder and Hawk.
At this point i miss 1 Ascendant to get on anvil and then get 5 more Ascendant to jump on the rest.
Is there something i am missing?
The first time i got the starting Ascendant node but soon noticed i was unable to get Stone Form from Obelist of Mehnir.

Thank you.

Nice one. I shall go with it when i am done with my present sorcerer…

1 Like

Devotions can survive itself because they return some points until it’s tier 3 like Obelisk or they are unfinished like Targo. After you start spending all points just focus on devotions which are finished, then go for rest. You can do it in this way:

1. blue point
  2. yellow point
  3. purple point
  4. Anvil
  5. sell purple point
  6. Sailor’s guide, Panther, Lotus, Lion
  7. Messenger of War
  8. Hawk
  9. Widow
    Now you have all other necessary devotions unlocked, so just take as much points as in GT link for Obelisk, Boar, Targo and Rhowna’s Crown.

Done

Nice one!!! I had previously played a battlemage but gave up cos it’s kinda squaishy…hopefully i survive good with this setup…

@AlkamosHater Any hint on Crate of Entertainment kill with this build? I watched your video, and tried to corner him in small rooms, but I got constantly 1-shot at random moment. The lowest I managed to get him was like 15%, but suddenly boom - from 25k life to zero in one frame. I do not even have a chance to see what killed me. What is the strategy?

Sometimes he spawns bigger boxes which explode once you (accidentely) kill them, it’s one shot in 90% cases. Look out for them and reposition. Their explode distance is not so big, usually moving really a little is enough.

Check 20 second at video, you can see it explode and its range.

1 Like

@AlkamosHater, have you tested this build after 1.1.7.2 patch? Looks like it has been nerfed quite substantial.

Some damage has been nerfed but I don’t think it makes build dead :wink: Probably slower in Crucible/superbosses and same in SR.

I have break from GD for unknown amount of time currently and I don’t like to go back to previous builds in most cases so there is not high chance I will update it just for this hotfix but I promise it’s still very strong.

Got it. Thanks for reply!

Do you think this build is okay in current patch?

Should work and be comfortable to play but I don’t know how it is compared to time when I posted it.

Awesome, thank you! I have a soft spot in my heart for the retal warder but have not played with one for several years.

1 Like

Is it possible to download the build to try it out? I’m levelling a warder and trying to decide between this and Slevin’s Ultos PS warder for end game. Also how does this build compare to physical retal warlord?