[1.1.7.1] The Blight King: 4:50m Crucible Gladiator 150-170 (6:13m "naked"), easy SR 75-76 (up to Shard 90) vitality Blightlord Opressor [sr+][cr+][vid]

1 Like

Sick run, thanks, man. Gonna add it to the op.

So that hasn’t worked out.

Damage is pretty much the same (it’s hard to notice the impact from eyes here), but quality of life dropped quite a bit, because build has lost quite a bit of cc-resists, walking speed and casting speed. With that and noticable DA drop survivability dipped too, so the verdict is clear: Guardian’s Gaze is not worth it here.

I mean I kind of knew that but it was worth checking out. Spec in the video: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKq36WV

Nice build. I"ll have to check it out.

1 Like

Very cool build. I enjoyed the videos.

1 Like

Dude, first off, I’ve made MANY of your builds and honestly consider you to be the greatest mind this community has for optimization, innovation, and game knowledge. I have got to say, this is one of the most fun builds I’ve ever played. It is absurdly fun and I enjoyed it so much that I captured my first crucible run with it, with barely 5 mins of experience piloting it. Didn’t matter, cause it was a blast!
https://youtu.be/xJvoQ-4c-Mo

2 Likes

Oh, man, thanks for the kind words. Might prompt me to install Grim Dawn again and pause retirement :slight_smile:.

Under 6 minutes is a very good result for someone who plays the build for the first time and not Plasmo or Banana. One small tip: don’t spam BH, try to use it once in 5 seconds just for Soul Harvest buff. It’s better to be late or to miss the cast entirely than to spam it.

2 Likes

I have to be honest when I look through this forum, and most of the top builders are like “yeah I made this awesome build [optimized by mad_lee]”

Well, I’ve been a speedrunner in many games for most of my life, but I tend to mostly play GD with some Russians as an HC roguelike, and then just do SC stuff like SR or Crus at night. Should I actually decide to learn the spawns, modifiers, and strats, and do more than one run at a time before swapping to another build; I should be able to knock a few of their times off the boards :smiley:

Too many hours of D3… gotta train my left hand to not just piano randomly :skull:

1 Like

Would Oblivion by any worse with +1 Necro and Chaos to Vit belt?
Or is Elemental to Vit conversion from the current belt needed for Fire Damage from the set?
Or is it just mainly due to lack of %Vit on Oblivion relic?

I like having Necro relic here because it lets me hard cap RE. And yes, conversion on the Occultist belt is super important here: star of the show is steroided Ravenous Earth, everything else is built around it to support it. Build doesn’t need a dedicated spam skill that occupies relic slot - Chain Lightning is more than enough here (and belt is needed to convert it too btw).

1 Like

I tried Oblivion relic with Blithlord. The relic isnt worth it at all.
Actually I don’t know builds that might benefit from Oblivion more than from dedicated mastery relics

1 Like

As seen and tested the build still does well and its stable. Viable for current patch for those who want to try it. Definitely recommend it!

2 Likes

UPDATE:
Seal of Skies changed for Seal of Blight. New GT: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKwmMON

Great performance with a 4:39 now!

1 Like

Madlees choosens spreads his teachings from the other side of the chthonic void

3 Likes

[1190] UPDATE

GRIMTOOLS

1 Like

the king is back ©

GT: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gP0xOV

1 Like

Hi, I have two questions here:

• Is the belt conversion really necessary, because Chain Lightning isnt used here anymore? I guess its to have full profit on Soul Harvest?
  • Would Foul Eruption be a good choice for flat RR, so there is more space to play with devotions (dropping scales) ? Or isnt it a reliable RR source? Anyhow, I guess we lack skill points here…

Thanks

Build poster is permabanned so I am answering on his behalf.

1. Belt conversion is needed for converting flat Fire damage bonus to Ravenous Earth
  2. Fould Eruption is unfortunately an unreliable source of damage and thus RR, because it only works when mob is killed by Ravenous Earth (and not any other spell or attack).

Hi Retal_Abuser,

Thanks kindly for your feedback.
I was already fearing that Foul Eruption RR indeed works like this so its indeed not helpful at all here
Thanks for solving the question concerning belt conversion, missed the flat fire bonus on RE and on the set

Update 1.1.9.3

3 Likes