[1.1.7.2] Blood Knight/Oblivion Cabalist -> CR 5:35-5:5x/SR 100/Crate + Ravager killer/SR75-76 farmer

Hello, this is my old build which I did not post, made few changes sometime ago and recorded videos. It’s Cabalist in Blood Knight set and Oblivion relic which is our supportive damage-healing skill. Build is able to farm Crucible sub6min consistently, kill Ravager (Callagadra with kiting too) and Crate without troubles, farm 75 sr and even push shards up to 95-100.

Credits go to authors who posted bloodknight builds before me:
@Nery and his Oppressor
@mad_lee and his Ritualist

Remind me if I forgot about someone.

Build
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwwR4bZ

Choices I want to explain:

1. Component in weapon - 90% of tests were made with Purified Salt but I switched to Haunted Steel in last moment - it’s boost to our survivality and my crucible average times were same even without these 10% racial damage. I suggest to use it but for people interest only in Crucible Purified Salt may in theory save few seconds, otherwise no point if we can be more immortal.

2. Belt - this rare one just for chaos->vitality conversion. Preferable some multi-resistances/damage + OA/DA mods, eventual lacking in res overcaps may be fixed with components/auguments.

3. Gloves - I’ve tested Valguurs but Ghol works slighty better, even if we miss additional conversion for Oblivion. Bone Harvest is still majority of our damage and has pierce resistance which are hard to get in this build. It’s either combining with Ghol relic for DA and rest usefull stats.

4. Pants - Morgoneth because of +2 BH, elemental resistances and OA. Switching to anything other except very good rolled Reaper’s would require second Morgoneth ring which may be pain to get so I went for cheaper option.

5. Relic - I choose Oblivion over any other because red forcewave looks not only cool but it’s huge boost for survivality, we are true facetanker with it and it helps too kill some trash mobs.

Performance
Crucible - my best run 5:35, average I had something like 5:4x-5:5x, both with Purified Salt and Haunted Steel. I’ve described final choice in build section. Tests were made with very average/bad weapons rolls, can be faster probably with better one.

SR 100 example - Zantarin is nightmare, he negate a lot of our healing and his skeletons hits like truck. Had to cheese him a little with aethercluster. 95sr is way easier, not even close to 100.

SR 80 full room

Crate - not as hard as I thought it’s going to be, first try. Take at least potion for freeze resistances.

Ravager - 2:10 with 2.5k DA (auguments swap for more OA, less DA), without more OA it’s 2:30. Time skills and health potion and it’s not hard boss.

Regards

10 Likes

Cool build and even more perverted physical resistance :heart_eyes_cat:

I wonder why you picked Possession over Harbinger, your cast speed is pretty low and HoS gives you life steal as well?

1 Like

Thanks! I picked Possession because of disruption skill protection and damage abs, there is some flat chaos to convert either. I checked some higher casting speed too but majority of damage still comes from bone harvest. In theory we can take some arcane spark (which is not 80% cap) or switch pants to Mythical Arcane Harmony legs but then we lose OA (slower superbosses and harder to crit monsters in high SR - we apply RR from ring with crits), damage and boneharvest is going to be ugly 25/26. It was mostly deep sr focused choice, I will test tomorrow if there is some bigger difference in Crucible.

1 Like

Thanks for posting a non pet Cabalist. :smiley:

1 Like

I am glad you like it, Cabalist is pretty versitale class for vitality builds too :grinning:

@Nery I made some runs with Harbinger, then Possesion again. Not much difference in time but I was more squishy and died once in 170, this dmg absorbtion helps a lot. Was killed by Ravager too. Average still it was 5:4x but then had one 5:35 (Haunted steel) and 5:29 (Purified salt) with Possesion again.

Imo Possession fit better here with current itemization, probably I would need even much more casting speed to see some visible difference. Maybe Mythical Chausses of Barbaros and boots with Of Kings suffix or something like that?

1 Like

Would you suggest to try a different build if i dont have the weapon (yet) ? for example Mad_lee’s ritualist?

i would like to try yours but i dont know how long i can try to keep farming for the weapon without losing my mind :smiley:

Hello, before you got Nightbringer you can use Wildblood Crusher/Death’s Reach/Soulrend or some good rare Korvan Reaping Halberd but for performance presented in videos you need Nightbringer anyway.

Ok, thanks for the alternative suggestions, ill give it a try!

How does this compare to the famous Nightbringer Opressors of @Nery ? Which plays safer ?

I have a oathkeeper coming up to high levels which isnt commited but also have a cabalist ready which needs a rework anyways

Thanks !

Cheers,
eis

I did not play his opressor but I guess they are very similar looking at performance. Opressor got more CDR so damage should be a little bit higher with more frequent bone harvest spam.

Choice depends just if you want to play cabalist or opressor.

Great build! Can you help me with chosing devotion step by step? Have a trouble to take scales of ulcama:thinking:
Thank you.

Thank you! Devotions can survive themselves, I will give you full road and show how:

1. Put one point into Blue, Green, Red and Yellow starters.
  2. Bat, Ghoul, Hawk
  3. Eel, Panther, Lothus
  4. Kraken
  5. Solemn Watcher
  6. Lion
  7. Scales of Ulcama - now you got 2 yellow points from this devotion and 4 from starter + lion so 12 overall but you need only 8, right?
  8. Respec yellow point and Lion (cost is 4 aether crystals - 1 per 1 point) - still you have 8 points and Ulcama which survived itself.
  9. Finish Rattosh and Dying God.
1 Like

Thank you) It helped me so much!
But I have another question :slight_smile:
What do you think about alternative relics such as Uroboruuk’s reaping or Eldritch pact? Especially interesting Uroboruuk’s Reaping with bonus to Bone harvest and Spectral binding.
With best regards.

Survivality for this build is better with Oblivion, I tested another options. Oblivion is healing you like crazy and it’s additional DPS.

Uroboruuk reaping is good choice, Eldritch pact not so much.

1 Like