[1.1.7.2] There's some light in Virtue! Aegis fire Sentinel CR+/SR75

Slow down with the neat builds nery i can only level so fast! xD

1 Like

Hey, I thought Grenado was the flavour of the month. I assume everyone’s made Grenado build faster and you were left with Aegis :wink: But made 5min build anyway. Hmmm I might do 5 x Gildam Arcanum fantasy version of it (4 if using the set) for fun and longer Aegis combos.

PS You have the same problem as in my Fire Oppressor GT - Stormfire unbinds itself from the devotion (watch out because it happened to me in-game as well without touching the weapon). Tip - for Grim Tools to save it binding Stormfire to devotion has to be the last thing before generating the link. I once had 2 skills that kept unbinding themselves so binding them had to be done at the end.

1 Like

Ha, that’s so true :smile:

Grenado? I think you mean Canister bomb, that’s a strong skill!

Gildam Arcanum is great suffix, especially if your main skill is CD based.

I removed Stormfire to take the screenshot with Aegis DPS, so must’ve removed from bindings.

1 Like

Are you playing Grim Dawn on a calculator? Geez…

Nery plays on a laptop. You need to have a very good one to ensure the best FPS which influences clear times and record at the same time.

Which do you think is stronger then? I mean super crazy optimized green non-set version or maybe the :banana: version you watched.

That’s tough question. Non set version with good rolls like CDR one from shield can dish some incredible damage but Virtue should still be slightly better all-around perhaps :thinking:

@banana_peel of Aegis opinion?

Both Virtue and Aegis were buffed, so now are in good shape. Also since it’s mono set, you can make it work in multiple classes. Only problem will be that you’ll lack +skills to the second mastery.

I was back and forth on full Virtue but decided against in the end cause i wanted to focus on Aegis solely and custom items afford lower cd and hence better clear speed.

1 Like

1.1.7.0 buff to Weapon Damage to Aegis of Menhir.

Not sure if/when Virtue was buffed. Also medal after FG initial release lost it’s crit damage bonus, I think at some point had fire to acid conversion. Also Absolution was first nerfed and then buffed back again.

I watched the video more carefully:

1 Like

Perks of playing in Crucible. :smile:

Shield bouncing is cool. Both fire and acid are great damage dealers. Banana of Menhir have acid non retal Sentinel and I’ve tried hybrid. Acid retal version have almost double the sheet damage of Aegis but higher CD and no procs, so it’s slower.

1 Like

Nice build, have you considered putting more points in Heart of Wrath for extra fire dmg? At lv 17 it has 200 fire dmg + 438 burn /2s.

1 Like

Thanks!

I don’t have free points for better investment in Judgement an since Aegis damage is so huge, it’s worth investing in passive flat damage to boost that skill.

Hi,

I’m very interested in trying this out.
Besides the main skill Aegis, what talents should I prioritize while leveling?

EDIT: Why did you decide to go 15/16 Guardian of Empyrion? Is it worth it?

1 Like
  • Guardians 24/16 gives you extra summon!

• For leveling Aegis will be your main skill, I will take Vulnerability and Blood of Dreeg as well, then Celestial Presence and exclusive skill. Also one point in Vire line.

• Also worth saying you need some filler, either Righteous Fervor or spam Greater Fireblast from component.

How did this hold up from 1.1.8.0 ? A couple minor nerfs but still good? Would you still go sentinel for a fire shield throwing build?

1 Like

I don’t think performance of the build will be much different in 1.1.8.0

About classes, it’s close call between Sentinel and Paladin.

1 Like

May i ask. How do you put devotion point ?
I am stuck and cant get to Scales of Ulcama ( I’m new to the game btw)

1 Like

You can use temporary devotions for their affinity only until completing the key ones and remove them with spirit guide. Example of a route for this build:

• Red
  • Fiend, remove red
  • Viper
  • Yellow
  • Panther, remove yellow
  • Turtle
  • Lotus
  • LION
  • Scales, remove LION
  • Solael’s Wirchblade
  • Ghoul
  • Spider