[1.1.8.0] Albrecht the Leech - super tanky aether AAR Spellbinder, 3 versions, Ravager killer, very easy SR 80+

vendor farm abuse the vendor in port valbury, you can do that in normal and he still sell items around your level. And yes, one of the MIs that he sells is pulsing shard. Hands down the fastest way to farm it, if you are prepared to spend some time on it.

Oh right, thank you! I forgot about that vendor!
Edit: Actualy had 2 vendors spawn near each other on last run, would like to see it more often now :sweat_smile:
I still would like to understand why Shard is better compared to Codex (with same “sandstorm+aether” combo for example). Guess 6% heal on shard is realy big deal?

It is big deal yes. Bat is not enough.

Ulvar since you seem to be answering the questions, is there no way to get stun resistance over capped? Per earlier answer vendor farming? I assume you have to reset your game session to do it right or wrong? I know I was farming MI off the vendor in Blood Grove. Got a couple of nice ones too.

You can reset vendors by just portaling to another place (like Devil’s crossing for example), check a couple of vendors there and then return to the one you wanted to reset, his inventory should have changed then. In rogue dungeons you just need to go to a different lvl and wait 15-20 seconds there, then go back to the level where the vendor is, the inventory should have changed then.

Resetting vendors doesn’t work well in Port Valbury (which is where you can vendor farm the off-hand, incidentally) if you have the bug where two vendors appear in the same place, no idea why.

Bummed that this seems to be the most recent viable AETHER-based AAR build and yet it’s seemingly perma-dead while being well over a year old.

What do you mean?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWeK9dN

This is my best and easiest to build pure Arcanist. My devotion tree goes like this:
1-3 Eel, Fox, Widow
3-4 Owl, Tempest, (remove Eel)
5-8 Raven, Quill, Toad, Empty Throne
9-11 Seru the Mirage, Blind Sage(Cold + Lightning), Leviathan Skill.
Set(1Eastern Pledge, 2Paragon of Arcanum, 3Arcane Storm).
Haunt, Skyreach Sash and LM of Spellweaver are easiest to obtain.
Orwell+Elementium and Sparkbolt suit well for starters but if you have something better with Aether damage or Cold/Lightninf with some debuff on attack feel free to improve it.
Resostances from Augments and Components.
Panetti(Tempest). Devastation(Seru), Trozan SR(Leviathan), Haunt Relic(Widow).

Hi Tia! I think the pulsing shard is super important. Try using this and please report back!!

Hello, just wondering how this build perform as of 1.1.9.1? Is it crucible/sr viable? Thanks very much!

Hi JinEh, I have a very similar build which only varies slightly in the gear (I dont have the rings for example). It is pretty strong. Due to the lowish hit points you will need to stay on your toes, but it is very strong damage wise with amazing health regen with the adcth

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Ricardo! Will energy ever be a problem btw as the spell seems super energy intensive?

Also, Probably a noob q here but I was wondering whether the debuffs aether corruption, ill omen and gaze of beronath if cast one after the other stack their affects or should I just be casting one debuff at a time confused Ty!

1 Like

Energy is a big issue actually, yes. More so early on but tends to get better as you level … I just used AAR sparingly, levelling with Olexra’s Flash Freeze and skeletons which is basically an easy trash mob wipe.

I’d never built an AAR before so I tried this one out, it’s a lot of fun, super tanky and great dmg, perfect for my HC farming setup. As far as energy, at least now in 1.1.9.7 it’s easy to maintain. I did have to watch energy while leveling though, I ran AAR immediately all the way to 94.

I didn’t have the exact rings/medal but got pretty close to the same stats on rings. I only had the gear for build #3 so that’s what I’m playing. B/c it’s HC I went with a bit more tankiness, so I’m using mark of divinity for medal for the circuit breaker.

Getting gear with “of insight” mod, 2x Slith rings (quest reward) and Ectoplasm everywhere easily solves all enery issues without sacrificing too much ("if insight mods adds loads of damage too).

Sure, there are better builds in the game, (that have both better tankiness and better DPS), but AAR still pulls its weight, and you can use it while levelling too.

possible to replace that mask with outcast secret?

This build still spanks in 1.20 btw. Got it to 100 in hc and was clearing content well until i died to some ground effect i wasnt fully paying attention too, after the boss was dead x.x

Just level it with skels and RE until 68 and then switch to AAR Clairvoiant and its pretty much GG until 100. You’re only dieing in this if you’re as bad as me xD

I’m tweaking around the devos, changed the stupid bird for lion and freed up 1 extra devo and got 3% more phys res. If i can find an extra devo somehow, i’ll be able to hit lotus x2 for another 2% phys res.

Edit: also strongly considering switching the pants for the pants that gives 100% disruption defense, interruption is one of the few things that gonna kill ya cos it prevents u from leeching.