[1.1.8.0] Albrecht the Leech - super tanky aether AAR Spellbinder, 3 versions, Ravager killer, very easy SR 80+

Blockquote[quote=“Ulvar1, post:58, topic:99911”]
Well… Duchy was not keen in getting any feedback, in particular not from madlee if I have understood things correctly
[/quote]

I was actually wondering what happened. I know I have seen lee’s posts back and forth with Duchy about DA numbers and such. Everyone seems to read him as toxic, but sometimes knowledge can be off-putting to some. IMHO mad_lee is probably the best optimizer in this community. Made tons of his builds and they always feel polished af, not to mention how many mentions he has had by the other top builders for optimizing their builds.

3 Likes

Well became too off-topic but; that’s the exact example of ‘‘your attitude is letting you down while you’re right most of the time.’’

1 Like

Yes and AAR will have 6% to 10% depends on amulet, while PRM has 6% on hat + 1/3 of total leech, which is fat. Anyway AAR has more dps than PRM.

Hi,

I played GD (highest char my spellbinder lvl77 and few other around 50) a while now and still try to understand the mechanics better :thinking:
So my question goes in the same direction like the last posts…

As devotion the build has “top of the scale” which looks really nice with it’s “attack damage convert to health”…
But has it any use for this build, when the AAR is the main and almost only attack?
And why using the necromancer skill “Harbinger of souls” when the 10% “attack damage convert to health” only work on weapon attack mentioned in the game mechanics?

As I understand it has the be referenced to the skill to work… (like on the offhand)

Thanks for your help in advance :smiley:

since Duchy is on a 1000 year pause from the forum, I step in and try to explain.

If it reads “attack damage converted to health” without a specific skill after it like here Pulsing Shard then it is only for weapon damage. In this case, the skill it self get life steal thanks to this modifier on off-hand used on build here.

The attack damage converted to health on the actual tip of scales proc is only for the damage that the proc skill deals.

Hope explanation helps something!

2 Likes

Hi Ulvar1,

thanks for the fast reply and explonation :+1:

so far I believe, I unterstand it theoretically…

1. The skill from scales of ulcama (“tip of scales”, sorry for mixing it up before), can only be added to a permanent (defense?) buffs and it gets activated on a 33% chance when hit. It do 33% weapon damage an 132% attack damage converted to health.
    It is linked to maiven’s sphere of protection, which doesn’t do damage. How is working in this case?

2. the same question for harbinger of souls? Does it only work for the 23 vitality damage from it when I use AAR?

P.S. A 1000 year pause is a very long time :open_mouth:

1. It procs when you get hit, it reads pretty clear image each time you get hit, and proc is off cooldown, it has 33% change to activate (“proc”)

2. ALL flat stuff like flat damage, energy leech, etc, are only added to weapon damage unless it reads “x vitality damage to albrecht aether ray” etc. So no, you will not add the vitality damage stuff from Harbinger to AAR. Build uses Reckless power, and no, you will not use its flat aether damage to AAR either.

Yeah I mean 100 years should have been enough :open_mouth:

1 Like

People are WAYYY too sensitive these days /facepalm

Based on what is ahead of me, just killed the warden. Leveling maxed inferno and flash freeze, that way hit them with 3 elements. Can this carry me to the end of normal?

It will be a lot slower than just using another skill until you are around 50 and can swap to AAR. even if you spec just a bit into Trozan’s, you will be in a much better spot.

I have leveled AAR builds SSF a few times, but not recently though. I just switch to AAR once I get a pulsing shard as soon as I get to the amalgamation (to get that off-hand) so around level 35ish. Energy I solve with ectoplasms like everywhere, bone talisman relic skill and some “of insight” rare suffix items (and of meditation magic suffix). Getting mental alacrity up and 2nd node owl also helps a bit too. Message is, if you want to use AAR asap, you can do it. I think personally for me it was worth the “hassle” but might not be that for someone else :slight_smile:

At level 28 or 29… did go Aar and energy is the issue I am having. As a controller player I can’t use sky shard because it never hits enemies.

And you have the things i mentioned?

Nope actually just clicked 29 in the Crucible testing out Grim Internals and rainbow…

Pulsing shard off hand has energy cost red, and the bone talisman relic skill works as almost a second health pot. Ectoplasms gives energy and energy regen. Mental alacrity gives energy cost red and so does 2nd node in owl. Aslo you can be conservative about points spent in disintegration at first.

Got the bone talisman and bumped up inner focus with 2 ecto components and energy isn’t bothersome any more.

So off topic question is it rainbow or grim internal that places an MI in front of monster infrequent name? I ask because MI and S make since but I saw a DR and can’t puzzle that one out.

Great! Hope you get to farm amalgamation soon for a decent pulsing shard, it should become even better in the energy then :slight_smile:

its Rainbow mod. Afaik.

I understand MI and S but DR?? means what?

Double Rare. No idea how it counts for that, if it is rare tier base and one rare affix it is DR or just single rare. Perhaps better if you read or ask in the rainbow mod thread.

Hello there!
Rockin your build on HC, works like charm (-amulet and ring)
Have little question
How important adcth on shard for SR? Cause i have DR Flashwraped Codex with almost perfect rolls (Aetherfire/of Abomination), flat aether damage to AAR and 100% vitality to aether (belt+codex) just looks to juicy with those devos(or am i missing something?) and good shard just doesn’t drop.
Thanks in advance)

Edit:
3rd version with finished scales for base