[1.1.8.0] Albrecht the Leech - super tanky aether AAR Spellbinder, 3 versions, Ravager killer, very easy SR 80+

I just noticed that Clairvoyant Hat gives 100% lightning damage conversion to Vitality dmg for AAR. In that case, should I put 1 skill point into Tainted Power since I don’t have the hat item? Or, is the absence of that conversion the reason why no set version performed better damage-vise? Anyway, I’m currently leveling a new char thanks to your build and having a blast. Thanks

1 Like

No, tainted power will convert aether to chaos! No set version converts elemental damage to aether instead of lightning to vitality.

I decided to revisit my older builds and try them in SR 80. This build does SR 80 very easily. All three versions.

I don’t like to play SR much but SR 65-66 and SR 80 are easily accessible. So I will from now on test my builds in SR 80 as well.

1 Like

Hi Duchy,

Given the changes from 1.1.8.0 do you still consider this version of AAR as the most powerful and safe (outside of Chaos which seems likely to be nerfed in the first hot fix)?

I am intending on making an AAR character next in HC.

Thanks for your expertise.

It is still strong but I am not sure if it is still a Ravager killer. It got nerfed a lot since I posted it. For SR it is still very good.

Hi All
I started with RektbyProtoss YouTube build guide and moved to this as I hit level 45 loving it but my only problem is Energy Regen, I do need to farm more gear I hope that will fix things.
I have a lvl 32 Pulsing Shard that I should look to get the next version of as well as needing to start doing some of the DLC area to get the Robes, are there other items worth looking for or just keep the Loot Filter looking for Aether items?

Energy regen is usally on chests, rings, amulets and helms. There are also components with it like ectoplasm or mark of illusions. You can also use Mental Alacrity and Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange.

1 Like

When I typed this I had just changed and was looking to get more def some of my resistances had dropped after using what I had ay hand, now with a few upgardes Ill start using some components to get the energy regen going the right way

Is there any reason why we stopped using codex of lies + arcane whispers?

Its probably the safest combo out there and decent damage still (especially -15% aether res). And conduit’s + max res is very nice.

I just experimented with this build for lifesteal. I don’t go for highest DPS usually. Not a CR runner.

Thank you for sharing! My AAR Spellbinder was at least a year out of date and now, drawing inspiration from your build, its much more effective than it used to be.

I don’t have Mark of Anathema yet (not sure where to get it) and I keep forgetting to go buy the Solael ring lol but I wanted to know what you think of my variation on your build?

Chiefly, my Devotion points (I dislike Crane and Watcher’s Tower was giving me resists I already had maxed) and my Relic. It caused me mental anguish to equip a level 35 relic at end game >.< lol

I use Devastation instead of Haunt, which I understand probably isn’t as effective but damned if it ain’t fun! ^.^

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2Bv84j2

Build author is banned for 1000 years :slight_smile:

GrimTools: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnrvkON
First off, this is a modded version of Duchy’s (no set) build (yes I know he is banned for 1000 years), using a different relic and a few points in siphon souls to replace the skill. All of the other points and devotions are the same. I am actually pretty surprised by this build, as I usually find that builders who make as many build’s as Duchy, don’t test them as thoroughly as some of the elite builders, and the builds end up feeling lacking or incomplete. I decided to try this for a legit HC run after looking at the GT link, and I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of damage skills taken, yet the AAR damage remaining high. All in all, this build is truly one of Duchy’s gems and I highly recommend for HC.

1 Like

You know, some people just wanna have fun and share builds to get some feedback and give inspiration to others to make own builds. At least Duchy tried to be creative and shared his passion for the game.

Your GT link is scuffed, it directs to YT btw :slight_smile:

/>duchy
/>feedback

7 Likes

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKoRG8N

this is my current leech NOPOTIONS PRM version of binder, i am just too lazy to write a full build :slight_smile:

Capability (i used to kill all): SR81, crucible, all celestials (Crate was the hardest but i killed it).

You can use my tree to aar, it is better than original (more dps).
Remember! AAR has no weapon dmg on gear so pure gear leech does not work, but PRM has so you will wanna pure leech on gear\tree\devotions.

Well… Duchy was not keen in getting any feedback, in particular not from madlee if I have understood things correctly :smiley:

1 Like

You can add wpn dmg to aar. Prm has no inherit wpn dmg as well.

my prm has 34% wpndmg, this means heavy effectiveness of pureleech, and to add wpn dmg to aar is really hard, not much items. Z hates aar\foi\etc.

it is still scaled down to 34% of your total global life steal. example 15% life steal will be 5.1%