[1.1.8.0] Eastern Trozan/Totems hybrid Druid CR 5:03/ SR 100/ 75-76 farmer/ Crate boss killer

wish it had a step by step to a fan of totems (and new to the game) to level up this beauty ;-;

You need the items too not just a guide. Btw rektbyprotoss had Leveling video for shaman from skratch

1 Like

thx for the reply! i’m desperately trying to find a totem build that i can do :stuck_out_tongue:

Use a 2handed weapon with Primal strike til you can reach 75 :). 1 point for Mirror. Its not too hard if you are well geared.

He is new and have none item

1 Like

Figure it out your self also optipn. I played from start no guides.

EDIT: [1.1.2.5] Beginners/Budget Vindicator,lightning Caster/2h Ranged versions I found this in compendium under build for beginners. Did you look there? Btw it is old guide but should be acurate enough

1 Like

i have some items actually, got my first char to lvl 100 today, farmed some nemesis and dungeons, but I got frustrated af when i got extremely owned by the crate ;-; i was going to farm the amulet to level up a totem build, oh well :frowning:

1 Like

I started following the guide from the guy you said, this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnYEQtffPCA

1 Like

that boss is something only best builds and players can do. Of all my builds I have done him with just 2 of them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

and here I was trying to kill him, lol

@holografik as Ulvar said, you need to start with some beginner guide, this one works after you got all items (and there are more possibilites).

From my experience you can level really with anything, just cap resistances, focus on one skill, copy some good devotion route and you should be able to stomp whole campaign without troubles.

2 Likes

I agree with but sometimes using a skill from the get-go is very cumbersome. I really dislike leveling with different skills other than my final ones for immersion reasons but when I started from scratch (no stash) with Cold Drain Essence at it was painful due to energy regen / single target. I don’t mind i.e. Flames of Ignaffar / Bone Harvest leveling which are not optimal but this was next level. Sure with +energy on everything it’s doable but why bother. I’m switching to it fully from Empowered Lightning Nova after I get Bard’s Harp (so I don’t need to wear trash gear with Energy Regen) and more skill points for giving Drain Essence AoE.

1 Like

Leveling also helps if already have items and components mandate and exp pot to transfet over :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah, i totally agree with you, when i first played GD I quitted real quick, i didn’t found a build that was made for beginners and it made the game look kinda boring, but well, this happened to me when i tried PoE and today i have almost 5k hours in it, and what you said about being able to level with anything got my attention, i was asking myself if the game get really hard if you try to level up with the skill you intend to use as the final skill, independent if you have all the legendaries and etc, what i wanted from this build “guide” specifically was a devotion path for me to follow, some rare or epic items that i could use to get to the end game and be able to farm port valbury, and from there try to get the legendaries I need to the final set (and try to get the f***ing Decree of Aldritch that i tried like 20 times for my spellbinder lvl 100 and still got none)

ps¹: sorry for the wall of text
ps²: sorry for my bad english, not my native language

I think with grim dawn you either play according to what items you have found and have in common stash. Or just accept to make sub optimal build that need rng to bless them. So good idea to make first buids that are good with easy to get items and do basic farming with them. Once you find some nice items you can make other builds. My first builds i just made for learning basics of game and farm. I dont play those chars more.

1 Like

it’s what i’m doing atm, i’m farming with a CI/devastation build on the port valbury, it looks like the best place for me to farm, i don’t really know if there’s some better method, is crucible or SR viable to farm legendaries?

Crucibal and sr best even in aspirant say 130-150 and elite sr 50-51 is good start. Also ancient totems in ultimate very good.
Wont give the weapon you want though since pv specific.

I restart patch 1.1.7 made one vitality caster and one primal strike build. In about one month i had hundreds of legendaries and can now make almost any build i want save for those that need good mi or some purple mi i dont have yet like worldeater and purple magi rings

If i decided to make fire forcewav commando as one of ny first build i would have be insane by now (or just good rng lol)

Sorry alkamos hater for off topic

1 Like

@holografik GD is not punishing compared to poe in terms of changing builds so you can level with any beginners guide and switch to the one you are interested in after getting all items. Ulvar gaves you good guide by Nery for Vindicator, for Druid you have to focus on demo instead of inquisitor. Black Water Coctail + Storm totems should be good tool.
Myself I leveled one character using just basic autoattack as my main damage source and I did not used even one component and augument (took 10-12 hours with lokarr set?) so going through campaign and reaching 94 is really easy with whatever gamestyle you choose.

If you got already one level 100 build I suggest to farm full lokarr set, it makes leveling faster. Best way to farm items is shattered realm, elite or even normal, 50-75 range.

No problem, everyone is welcome here for discussion! :wink:

2 Likes

I just tried to kill lokarr but i got owned too, but that black water coctail + storm totems looks more interesting!

Then you make new thread “help me kill lokarr” and share grim tool link. and people can help

but using experience potions and difficulty skip tokes are the most important tools for fast leveling. Lokarr set is a nice bonus but not as important as those tools. Also mandates for faster reputation gain

1 Like