[1.1.8.0] Eastern Trozan/Totems hybrid Druid CR 5:03/ SR 100/ 75-76 farmer/ Crate boss killer

Hello, long time I did not post anything so I am back with nice Druid build. He use combination of highly cold->lightning converted Trozan Sky Shard and 5 totems for nuking and DPSing enemies so Crucible results are good. Totems makes it possible to kite slower bosses in very high sr staying basicaly offscreen if we need and very high CDR + hourglass + mirror help survive.

Build
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZR1RxKV

I’ve tested a lot of items - Ugdenbog Stormstrife, Trozan Scepter, Rolderathis Tome, modifiers for Trozan etc. but this one happend to be best.

About devotions - I found it better to use Turtle with lower DA than Solemn Watcher. This proc can save kiting build more times.

Resistances may be problem but there are a lot of viable options for this build to still be decent - if you want to use this build and got troubles ask me, we will find solution for everything. Not using any real set (except Eastern) make itemization various.

Performance
SR 100 -> Reaper almost fully facetanked with just aether cluster and mirror resets. I forgot to put recording on Moosilauke but there is screenshot at the end of the video. Nothing really to watch, just stayed off screen, totems did the rest with some trozan on the edges and occasional mirror.

Crucible 5:03

Crate kill

SR 80 all bosses pulled -> I still suggest to agro-abuse, something like Iron Maiden + Reaper may be unpleasant.

Regards

14 Likes

Good job with this build, nice balance between damage&defense! Also nice touch with Aeon+Mirror combo and I like also the Electro pistol.

Also I like blue sets and Eastern one in particular. And yes it’s a set, even if it’s only three pieces :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Awesome! I was really missing a non-Vindicator Storm Totem build. Tried Conjurer but failed and you showed us the correct way.

1 Like

I am sure only-totem build like Druid with Light’s Guardian or just Ludrigan (few of them were posted) going to work nice :wink:

Great build. I see meta is stripping 50da off builds per patch on the average… :wink:

What do you think about these devos here: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZemanYZ ? Shuold pack a bit more dmg.

Also, I got a feeling that with that cdr and conversion, and when bound to things like 5-Totems or Devils, Tsunami could surprise you DPS-wise.

1 Like

Thanks! DA seems be not so usefull not only with retals but with either hourglass arcanist, just do not get hit and correct mistakes with mirror :sweat_smile:

Going to try these devos, damage seems be a little bit higher, I wonder only about bat vs behemoth performance, even with vitality->lightning conversion.

Tsunami could works for sure but where to put it in devotions to still balance with some defense? I tryied something like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAm8LBV - but it happened to be a little bit slower not because of less damage but less defense. I couldn’t facetank boss waves on mirror and dps them down fast with Chain Lightning without moving, it lost me some time and build was much less comfortable to play.

wish it had a step by step to a fan of totems (and new to the game) to level up this beauty ;-;

You need the items too not just a guide. Btw rektbyprotoss had Leveling video for shaman from skratch

1 Like

thx for the reply! i’m desperately trying to find a totem build that i can do :stuck_out_tongue:

Use a 2handed weapon with Primal strike til you can reach 75 :). 1 point for Mirror. Its not too hard if you are well geared.

He is new and have none item

1 Like

Figure it out your self also optipn. I played from start no guides.

EDIT: [1.1.2.5] Beginners/Budget Vindicator,lightning Caster/2h Ranged versions I found this in compendium under build for beginners. Did you look there? Btw it is old guide but should be acurate enough

1 Like

i have some items actually, got my first char to lvl 100 today, farmed some nemesis and dungeons, but I got frustrated af when i got extremely owned by the crate ;-; i was going to farm the amulet to level up a totem build, oh well :frowning:

1 Like

I started following the guide from the guy you said, this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnYEQtffPCA

1 Like

that boss is something only best builds and players can do. Of all my builds I have done him with just 2 of them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

and here I was trying to kill him, lol

@holografik as Ulvar said, you need to start with some beginner guide, this one works after you got all items (and there are more possibilites).

From my experience you can level really with anything, just cap resistances, focus on one skill, copy some good devotion route and you should be able to stomp whole campaign without troubles.

2 Likes

I agree with but sometimes using a skill from the get-go is very cumbersome. I really dislike leveling with different skills other than my final ones for immersion reasons but when I started from scratch (no stash) with Cold Drain Essence at it was painful due to energy regen / single target. I don’t mind i.e. Flames of Ignaffar / Bone Harvest leveling which are not optimal but this was next level. Sure with +energy on everything it’s doable but why bother. I’m switching to it fully from Empowered Lightning Nova after I get Bard’s Harp (so I don’t need to wear trash gear with Energy Regen) and more skill points for giving Drain Essence AoE.

1 Like

Leveling also helps if already have items and components mandate and exp pot to transfet over :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah, i totally agree with you, when i first played GD I quitted real quick, i didn’t found a build that was made for beginners and it made the game look kinda boring, but well, this happened to me when i tried PoE and today i have almost 5k hours in it, and what you said about being able to level with anything got my attention, i was asking myself if the game get really hard if you try to level up with the skill you intend to use as the final skill, independent if you have all the legendaries and etc, what i wanted from this build “guide” specifically was a devotion path for me to follow, some rare or epic items that i could use to get to the end game and be able to farm port valbury, and from there try to get the legendaries I need to the final set (and try to get the f***ing Decree of Aldritch that i tried like 20 times for my spellbinder lvl 100 and still got none)

ps¹: sorry for the wall of text
ps²: sorry for my bad english, not my native language