1.1.8.0 Necromancer build question

Hello.

I know the new patch is still reasonably fresh, but a quick question for the builders if I may? I’ve got a level 50 Necromancer sitting around doing nothing - what would be a good direction to go? Does Death Knight still underwhelm?
TIA

Depends on what you want to play. DK is still a good physical melee, the Blood Knight set while receive slight nerf still works with melee vitality, and aether DK has several toys to play now.

1 Like

Yes as @arivus said , if you have Leviathan you can play 2H Cadence, with Warborn set you can also play DW Cadence and ofc you can get korvan halberd and play BA with it, recently @grey-maybe did a really cool one;

You can adjust my Leviathan Warlord into Death Knight easily

You have also varius good options for Reaper, Ritualist and Spellbinder.

I have some interesting reaper theorycrafts but never tested.

2 Likes

@fordprefect yes, I’ve had lots of fun playing your Cadence WL build recently (thanks), so was looking for something slightly different this time.

1 Like

For Death Knight you can always play with Blade Arc. Both Death Knight and Witchblade are good classes for that archetype.

Also DK is still decent for Krieg DW aether but sadly this requires end game gear.

As for Necro class, you can also go with Arcanist, Binder is the best class for aether damage. Also vitality Ravenous Earth caster, Cabalist or Ritualist. Or Phantasmal Blades Reaper. It’s up to you and what style/skills you wanna use.

1 Like

I was thinking Ritualist, as Shaman is one of my favourites, but I saw Vitality builds got nerfed this time around.

Here my yet to test lazy DW Warborn DK

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gAK7YZ

Not sure if Maul binded Deathstalker heals the character so if not bind it to blitz. You can use a different boot and change the augments and components accordingly.

1 Like

The lack of Pets in this thread is disturbing

3 Likes

Come on, Conjurer don’t contain Necro!

But skeletons are pretty easy to level… or not. I mean Blightfiends.

1 Like

1 Like

I quite liked skeleton armies, then they too were nerfed.