[1.1.8.0] Sentinel of the Three Witchblade CR 4:40 + 5:50EX naked/ 100sr with Fevered Rage + 2.5kDA / Celestials -> Ravager 33 sec + Crate ~1 min facetank + Callagadra 44 seconds

Thanks! Well, currently I don’t have much time to play but maybe later I will do some arkovia run, maybe there is some specific density of reflective mobs or something. If you want safer setup I suggest to go for SR one, you can do little devotion swap too. Take one point from OoM, all from Panther and invest these 5 into Solemn Watcher, you will get more DA and damage reflection reduction from it.

Even more defensive (and less damage ofcourse) devotion route you can take from my warlord:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnb0DyN (shieldmaiden can be swapped for tower too)

1 Like

can you change some augments too for the reflected dmg red + DA ones? https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/423

btw why should a build with multiple GD stashed greens do arkovia runs? :stuck_out_tongue: I guess MrSL88 have another version of the build?

2 Likes

It’s good idea too if reflective mobs make troubles. Setup I’ve presented was to squeeze every possible second in speedruns so there are much more viable alternatives.

2 Likes

A good reason to side with Kymons actually :slight_smile: (maybe the best reason lol)

1 Like

Is the “of the three” set farmable?

no it is a random drop. You can check this in Grim Tools. If an item reads “Dropped from:” below its description, it is farmable. Also there is an “MI” icon in the top right corner of the item in Grim Tools :slight_smile:

if not being able to play something kept it from being nerfed literally nothing would have gotten nerfed up to this point… try again.
So lets see . . . hmmmm . . .
if not being able to play something - that’s a bit awkward isn’t it. I mean to start a sentence that way.
literally nothing would have gotten nerfed . . . my that is a very broad claim. Any proof. No? Just your assertion and you are a Counsel, oh my.
try again . . . so u r hostile.

So besides being hostile, tend toward hyperbole, you are good at mangling English and go around this forum doing drive-bys.

Thanks so much for the reply to my comment. It was so helpful and informative. Oh wait. That was not your intension? Let me guess. You are someone who spends most of their life hanging around forums such as this acting as the local curmudgeon. Ya . . . I’ve met you on other forums and I don’t like you. So please go away.

And for others reading this thread, yes I love this build and I hope it never changes and I can use it to slaughter all the bosses and level 107 and 108 legendary enemies all over the map. Thank you for posing this build. Hope it never gets changed:)

I hope it get nerfed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Digiret . . . welcome to the community.

I think it would be a good idea if you avoided each other’s threads/posts. Chill people.

Thank you Medea. I truly appreciate the intervention:)

I just said I wished the build will get nerfs, how is that being rude? Some people on this forum are too personally attached to their chars and builds. They take nerfs and wishes for nerfs as personal assaults :slight_smile:

Just move on folks.

Can someone help a drooling idiot figure out the math on this? I assume you want to convert all the acid to phys because the -Phys resist on CoF and break morale, but why is physical retal so over the top compared to say, fire or acid?

Thank you for sharing, finally getting into endgame and understanding damage conversions. Retal is still a mystery to me, and some people gave me the impression its already been nerfed into the ground. Apparently not so!

So for a general damage type you are looking at an enemy having X% resist. 50% resistant? Okay you do 50% of what you would it’s pretty straightforward.

Physical damage plays by different rules. First every instance of physical damage, every listed source of flat damage (two rings that each have flat? They go separately. Three augments? All separate) gets reduced by armor. Granted all enemies have 70% armor absorb so damage will bleed through from every source of flat physical regardless, but this really takes a chunk out of most physical damage builds. Physical resist applies after armor.

Enter converted physical damage. When the first X -> phys item was created just before AoM the behavior yielded physical damage that bypassed armor. Zantai detailed this behavior and said rather than go through the effort to change this behavior, it was a gift to physical damage and was going to be accepted as intended behavior. All monster physical resists are balanced around the existence of armor, so they tend to have much lower physical resist values than they do others. Thus by converting acid damage to physical damage you are just targeting a lower resistance.

5 Likes

Xervous explained it well. Next thing is physical retal has tankier devotion route so with fevered rage you can survive better. You can go more into offense and kill celestials faster and push sr deeper.

2 Likes

Also the fact that retal devotions go the same way as physical and shield ones. Whereas fitting things like Rumor+Manticore/Revenant for acid or Witchfire+Crown for fire to a good retal devo path is much harder.

Then there’s soldier - retal flagship - who’s got nothing to do with either acid or fire.

But acid is still ok. I haven’t seen a single good fire retal build, though. The only ones that I’ve seen (and made) were hybrids of retal and regular dmg (Fervor ranged rta and FoI rta).

1 Like

What is criteria for “good” here? I spent some time a few days ago searching for fire retal builds but as you said, some kind of hybrids.

In fact, I don’t remember any pure fire retal build. I made FoI paladin and thejabrixone made Hellborne Fervor also paladin (or shieldbreaker?). Both had to stack regular %fire and take things like Torch to complement retal dmg with regular dmg.

I theorycrafted this yesterday https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NK9RkjV will probably suck harder than hard (even with double rare MI shield)