[1.1.8.1-1.1.9.7] Aether Rutnick Blaster Paladin - Ravager, Mogdrogen, SR 90, Crucible 170

I just happened to get a 4% DA roll on Serenity that’s why it’s so high I guess. I think the stun resist affix would serve the build a little better while maintaining DA high enough.

Thank you for your other suggestions, I linked a slightly modified version of the build.

The updated version looks really good, congrats on the build!

1 Like

Hi, which rutnick blaster’s affixes would you recommend? Magestorm of alacrity or warped of fervor? Warped of fervor has slightly higher dps according to grimtools but I’m unsure if the magestorm proc would bridge the gap or not.

Hey, interesting build! I have a question if you don’t mind; do you really need that much DA? You can pump some of the physique into spirit to gain some %magic damage, you may lose some health but the 100-150 DA loss doesn’t really matter in my opinion since you’ll have over 3k anyways. You also can keep Resilience at one pointer and spent extra 2 points into somewhere else.

I honestly don’t know, both seem good. Would require some proper testing to figure it out.

Not really. As I was saying in a post above, I got 4% DA roll on Serenity; any other roll would result in much lower DA, idk if it would be wise to remove points from physique then.

In fact I’ve been doing some fine tuning since I posted the updated version. Moved the extra 2 points in Resilience to hard cap Safeguard and moved 10-15 points from physique to spirit. Dps is slightly better but I’m waiting the next patch to post an update in case some relevant changes happen to items and masteries.

Updated Grimtools with what should be the final iteration of the build and added commentary on the latest changes. Also added another Ravager kill for comparison.

3 Likes

Thx so much just created an account to thank you for this awesome build!! love it so far would be great to give a step for step guide to leveling. have a great day!

2 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying it :slight_smile:

I never really made leveling guides as there are great resources on the forum if you don’t mind respecing your character at lvl 94.

If you want to play this toon from A to Z, I would advise to level as pure inquisitor with WoP and aura of censure until you can get to Rutnick (around lvl 35 or so I think). Then you can wield dual gun until you can equip the shield. Replace Censure with Conviction, leave the first 2 nodes of WoP at rank 1 and start pumping points in RF and wps, WoR and Seal when you feel you’re taking too much damage. Don’t bother going beyond lvl 32 Oathkeeper before you can equip Bonemonger.

For devotions, start with Imp (bind to WoP), then Toad, then Widow. Ghoul, Hydra, Sailor’s Guide next and you can work your way up to higher devotions with no particular order. You may want to use Jackal+Revenant before you get Bonemonger though.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thx that is great! with builds like this why mind a respect at lvl 94

he meant, there are tons of leveling guides in general but then you need to respec at level 94.

You said you loved it, but you still advice for leveling? Your first comment kinda suggested that you already have made the build. Most builds that are posted here are not supposed to be leveling builds :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes i 'm level 85 but when i found this build i was lvl 55 and started from there, as it was kind of hard, but i didn’t even knew there where levelling guides. so that is why i asked for it for a future toon.

Can anyone post the newest grimtools? It broke with latest update.

Hello! Build is the same in 1.1.9.1 and the GT link in the post works fine for me but here’s the 1.1.9.1 link just in case: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXaqbk2

Gave this old build a spin, made some pretty noticeable changes and was quite happy with the results. Cheers.

(Sorry for reviving zombie thread lol)

4 Likes