[1.1.8.1] Beginner's Vitality Ignaffar Deceiver

Another beginners guide post, welcome to the club! :slightly_smiling_face:

I also like the guide template.

2 Likes

Nice build and nice write-up! I like the introduction part and the pros and cons.

1 Like

Congratz with your first beginner build!

Mfw I’m workin on a Warder and Ulvar posts one, now I decided to try out Deceiver and surprise - one gets posted a day later :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks, I am glad beginner-guide veterans enjoy them, I plan to make more!

Oh, did you want to make it a vitality or maybe elemental or chaos instead? Somehow even though deceiver isn’t the greatest endgame class I felt as if there are dozens ways to build a SSF one.

Also, by any chance are you planning a SSF caster shieldbreaker? I am planning to do that one next (Nery has a great EoR shieldbreaker but I wanted to do a canister bomb character instead), now I should be afraid that somebody is goind to post it tomorrow :smiley:

Chaos, and not even FoI. It was completely cronley bandit draft, lee would jail me if he saw.
Yeah, I can make like 3 different Deceiver builds but I’m still reserved because I don’t really consider Deceiver an either strong or popular class. I was actually interested in testing waters if an unusual, non cookie cutter build can be somewhat popular, but since you posted deceiver I’ll postpone mine and use yours as a lab rat instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope, Shieldbreaker is a class I kinda dislike, and can’t even say why. I have similar builds in mind, but I won’t be doing them anytime soon. In fact I got swept away by the mood again and levelling an Elementalist atm, since turns out it’s not that bad of a class, diverse enough and it has a certain fanbase. Also gotta finish the Reaper (formatting sigh)

EDIT: iirc Nery’s plans are ranged purifier, not sure about Ulvar.

I think @Monceaux is doing elementalist now.

I am not sure either. I think my next SSF char will bleed whitch hunter based on Bleeding Witch Hunter (with Crate kill video) but tbf it will mainly be for my own “ego” / “amusement” primarily :slight_smile: Need to wait for next patch and se what Zantai do about that sword…

Aww :frowning:

But it’s spam jacks which is a stupid choice, it’s unlikely you’re doing the same :stuck_out_tongue:

He is called Stupid_Dragon though :thinking:

Yeah, not doing spam jacks. A cyclone-esque build with Wind Devils as main skill, the demo part isn’t set in stone. Maybe canister, maybe cd jacks, maybe mortar.

I guess it’s fine then.

1 Like

I was looking at doing a beginner gunner build and…yeesh, the options are very slim. Purifier with the passthrough crossbow is probably the best/only option that doesn’t involve just 75% random drop magic gear

Pretty much one of the reasons I stay away from beginner ranged builds after making a tactician gunslinger ages ago, and even that relied on using gamblers to get havocs of all things. Overall green MI pistols are caster stuff mostly, and MIs available are the centerpiece of budget build making these days. There are Rutniks, but all my drafts with it were looking very non-cohesive.

Grim tools does not show this as a possibility, it shows -phys res. Has something changed in the last patch and what would be the substitute?

I think it’s still -vit res. https://www.grimtools.com/db/prefixes/10275

2 Likes

you removed yellow 2 times, i assume the second time it’s another crossroad to remove.

got this on my first ever ride through hardcore. Got to Krieg on normal at level 24 (i’m a completionist). I face tanked the bastard like a pro. Love the build so far. Never thought word of pain is such a cool skill! I am almost sad that i will have to switch to other skill at lvl 50.

1 Like

how should i proceed with the factions? Order of Vigil or Kymon? Outcast and Barrowholm friend or foe?

In general, if it is not stated in a guide you should assume it does not matter.
However, you can see that build presented uses anasteria pants, which you farm if you are hostile with her. And Barrowholm you always side with unless you wanna farm Reaper and Namadea in maincampaign instead of crucible/SR. Barrowholm have good augments which you can see be used here.

1 Like

thank you very much!!!

why not use rigid shell? isn’t 10 physique better than 15% burn duration reduction, this being the only difference between them, since both fire and lightning res are highly overcapped?