[1.1.8.1] Grim Dawn SUBJECTIVE Class Rankings - Post your personal rankings here and we'll pool it into a singular list of sorts

:rofl:…´nough said.

But here is my personal list (Yes, I play(ed) only Bleeding Builds, but recognize the potential in other Masteries/Damage Types):

1. Warder
    Easy to play, hard to kill. Nothing fancy.

2. Ritualist
    I played it with Bleeding, which is definitely not the strongest setup. Still fun to play and a strong combination.

3. Conjurer
    Pets. And Birbs.

4. Trickster
    DW Bleeding is fun and Trickster is a) easy to play and b) much fun because of the mobility.

5. Witchblade
    Hits like a truck. Not as strong (with Bleeding) as Warder, but more interesting.

6. Vindicator and Druid
    Different styles of play, liked both. Both hard to kill (for someone with the reflexes of a 45 year old man this is important!), nice effects.

7. See 6.

8. Warlord
    Everything is fine, but a little lack of special effects.

9. Reaper
    Because: Nightblade…sadly, I could never make a Bleeding Reaper.

10. Spellbinder
    Never played one but I saw @romanN1 play one. “Seems” to have potential. :joy:

5 Likes

Spellbinder is the only bleedster im never touching again @Rhylthar but stay tunned to make them gore set builds.

1 Like

Where’s the end result table or you decided to give extra time after the new patch?

I’m on night shift so I can’t work on it as fast as I could if I’m on morning shift :rofl: I haven’t even tested a single theorycraft I did. Also because I’m kinda having fun with Minecraft.

I don’t think someone submitted anything past the 29th but if someone submits a list now I’ll still consider it partly due to the small amount of current submissions (imo) and partly due to me taking too long to do the compilation.

1 Like

I’m curious what people would say is the ranking of classes when you start with nothing (ie complete blank slate including recipes, factions etc) and play through the game on hardcore.

(I don’t know if it’s a dirty word around here, but I play POE and there it’s referred to as SSFHC - solo self found hardcore)

That’s more or less what Stupid_Dragon’s list is above:

Considering he’s wrote several beginner/budget guides spending tens if not hundreds of hours levelling and testing the characters behind them, I think he some level of authority in the area.

Edit: Just saw you also specified hardcore as well. So not quite the same then. Some combos might be omitted/some might move up due to being safer like Ritualist.

1 Like

Fair enough!

I kind of assumed that his list was based in part on ease of play since he said it was for beginners. I know that practically speaking, in a game like this, almost nobody is starting from 0 unless they are a beginner. That aside, maybe the list would basically be the same even if you were just making it based on a lack of gear / prior game progress.

I know RektbyProtoss regularly makes video guides where he’s starting totally fresh and playing through the game in HC, so that’s kind of what I was thinking about.

1. Trozan
  2. Druid
  3. Trozan Sky Shard

4-10 some unknown randoms

5 Likes

still no deceiver. feelsbad.

1 Like

Lmao this didn’t age well

1 Like

Just saw this thread. Very nice initiative.

Now, I was reading your list and you almost caused me an aneurism with that one :smiley:

Say it to Belgo’s face :stuck_out_tongue:

My list:

• Belgo…
  • Shieldbreakers, all of them. I absolutely love this class
  • Mage Slayers
  • Saboteurs as of latest patch (i’ve always loved them since vanilla but they fell off)

sadly yes. outiside of retal BWC the nerfs were merely harmless.

1 Like

Hey, alkamos’ vf retal is also gutted from what I’ve seen in his thread. Probably the one hit hardest by the bero nerf. So that’s two builds :rofl:

insert mad_lee’s long rant on why infil is better

Honestly I wouldn’t take sides right now on the whole belgo debate cause I don’t play it but still doesn’t change the fact that infil has better cold builds, better noctirn, and as of now better 2h pierce. But bm got no buttons other than autoattack and blitz so that makes it higher on my list

yeah, funnily enough he changed his mind all on his own later on, anways :sweat_smile:

I get whet you were trying to say in your list. Belgo is it’s own think a very balanced set thet offers and auto attack as well to go with good WPS.

You were referring to BM in general. and it’s true. Or at least that’s how i see it. I was just poking fun :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

FINAL LIST IS HERE >> Grim Dawn SUBJECTIVE Class Rankings by (some of) the Community - Final Results

1 Like