[1.1.8.1] Righteous Screamer - 2H melee aether Righteous Fervor Oppressor, Ravager killer, very easy SR 80+

INTRODUCTION

I have already created a few builds around Scion of the Screaming Veil but I have never used it for what it is intended - aether Righteous Fervor. Obvious class combo for this is Oppressor because of passive aether RR, WPS and lifesteal. I use Bonemonger set that is created for aether Oppressor. I tried to build it tanky and did not go too much into DPS but it still kills fast enemies and it is a tank. I went for larger life 17k and in devotions I went for Scales converted to aether. Build also has 27 % ADCtH. Build has two lifesaving procs - Ghoul and Serenity. SR 80 is very easy for it. I even killed Ravager in three and a half minutes with pharma.

I have other aether melee builds here. All my builds are here.

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZP1P1XN

Mark of Plagius medal with the same affixes will actually be a little better for this build than Mark of Nacrathan.

Build uses two monster infrequent items - Mark of Nacrathan and Lunal’Valgoth’s Waistguard. Affixes are for aether damage and OA. Crafting bonus on the helm is for slow resistance.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

160k DPS

OK critical damage 28 %

OK OA - above 2900 OA base (up to 3050 OA with Ascension)

nice aether resistance reduction from Spectral Wrath, Siphon Souls, Arcane Bomb, Guardians, Smite (or Scales) - up to -118 %

damage from devotions - Spear of the Heavens, Arcane Bomb and Scales

DEFENSE

big life 17000 HP

OK DA - around 2900 DA

up to 209 OA reduction to enemies from Siphon Souls and Arcane Bomb

big lifesteal 27 %

lifesteal from Siphon Souls and Scales

damage reduction to enemies from Ill Omen

high CC resistances

reasonable overcap of resistances

OK armor - close to 2200

good physical resistance 32 %

Mark of Torment

Ghoul

Prismatic Rage

Serenity

image from the game with passive buffs + Consecration

Righteous%20Screamer%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Consecration, Soul Harvest and Ascension

Righteous%20Screamer%202

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build does SR 80 very easily. Reaper is a joke for this build. It can go a lot higher.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Images from SR 80

CELESTIALS

I killed Ravager with pharma in about 3:30 min. I disengaged him two times for cooldowns. First half can be done without pharma. Second phase can be done without pharma as well but you will have to disengage more and it will take a bit more time. I fight only with Ravager because I like his helm.

Image after killing Ravager

5 Likes

Was JUST talking with @Nery a few days ago and HERE IT IS!
Thanls, @Duchy, wanted a build and here I got it. :smiley:

2 Likes

Have you tried Dreadblade medal and Magelord rings? To convert more cold from SH and other elemental sources like NE, Spear, Widow etc. It probably will improve your damage significantly and RF stays 24/26 so no big loss there but you gonna have to get resistances from somewhere else. And that medal :face_with_monocle:

As I said in the text it could be done with more damage. I went for tankiness. With different medal you lose affixes. Magelord rings you lose AS (and bonus to RF) and would have to build devos differently. Reaper pants for more Soul Harvest and you lose other stuff. It surely can be built with a lot more damage, I just decided not to.

2 Likes

looks good and tanky!

how does -% aether rr work on guardians, on codiut, you need celestial presence to apply?

Yes. This is how it works for all RR to Guardians that isn’t on Celestial Presence, it always has to come from Celestial Presence. As far as I know, it’s the only skill like this where RR added to it from items is dependent on a skill node instead of the base skill.

1 Like

Thanks that was my guess how it should work :slight_smile:

Hi, can i ask a question about Ravager. On what Ravager did u test this build? Cause i gdstashed for a try your exact same build, and vs Ravager of Flesh when he fumbles me, i cannot outheal even his first phase, and i die within 20 seconds of a fight. Maybe its just Ravager of Flesh is a lot harder than other Ravagers i don’t know

Ravager of Minds and first part should be easy without any potions. I don’t know much about different Ravagers, I fight celestials very rarely.

On first try without any potions. Didn’t even use MoT. For the second half you would need them.

Ah okay. It seems like ravager of flesh spams ‘fumble’, and i hit like 50% of my attacks, meaning i just don’t outheal his damage

Build seems great in high SR. I was thinking too about getting Time Dilation instead of scales, and add Phoenix fire. That way i have 100% uptime on damage absorption of both sources, plus more reliable mark of torment. Following that, i would drop points in siphon souls in favour of Clarity of purpose, to maximise offensive ability from ascension.
Your build still probably would be better, it is just my suggestions(actually not mine lol)

It is possible but I don’t much like using Aeon though because you have to then be more aware of your cooldowns and manage things more. I prefer lazy playstyle :slight_smile: