[1.1.8.1] Voldrakia : budget Two-Handed Cadence Warder from scratch (SR65+)

Why you don’t have account? You could be famous YouTube builder! It’s not like there’s strong competition. :smile:

1 Like

I did some tries, failed, damage is not high enough. Lacks that little extra oumph

1 Like

Kudos for doing Warder.
Love how you format your guides/posts @Ulvar1

2 Likes

thanks crit, nery taught me how to make formats and I used moncc and dragons guides as inspiration :slight_smile:

warder was fun but I did not want to take EZ way with primal strike but wanted to make and play avenger-ish char from start.

1 Like

Perhaps I should just make the next logical step and run a kickstarter campaign :rofl:

5 Likes

Why not? Set a worthy goal.

Also lots of posted builds have been extensively run by beta testers to verify performance and look for mistakes and things that make no sense.

Hi @Ulvar1 , first of all thanks a lot for the guide!

My brother just picked up Grim Dawn and we are leveling fresh together. He prefers some melee barbaric action and this guide seems just right for him to follow. When you have time could you add a devotion path and a grimtools for every 20 lvl or so. These checkpoints really help to decide how to proceed during character progression.

Looking forward to the completed guide.

Cheers!

1 Like

Yeah I am working on it :slight_smile: Maybe later today. I have been quite sick over Xmas so I have not had the motivation for it yet :confused:

I ping you when I have done some updates!

1 Like

No worries man, it already looks very promising as it is. Wish you to get well soon, happy holidays! :santa:

1 Like

I DM’ed you my crude notes. Hope it will be helpful. I wanted to add and explain some more details but should be better than nothing.

1 Like

I added the basic journal now with GT links and some explanations and thoughts.

Gonna continue the guide by adding information starting up, and then go down. Will go over the leveling sections again when I get to them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am a bit confused with Voldrak. We killed it like 5 times and not a single weapon so far. Is there a certain level range or something to get the MI? We are both 30 btw.

1 Like

If you search for it in grim tools, you will see that the lowest level tier is 20.
5 times and not a single one is kinda unlucky but nothing strange. I think my record for not getting any is 3 in a row. Iirc its about 50% drop chance.

EDIT: I went to Grim Tools myself:

numbers to the right is the total chance.

The first one I used was a level 35 one.

Make sure you have loot filter set to rare or mi. I have NO IDEA how loots works in multiplayer, I have heard there is something called “instanced loot” but I have no idea what it is or how it works.

1 Like

Maybe the problem is item filter? You just didn’t saw it.

1 Like

I don’t think it was that since we regularly see some other MI’s like fleshwarped helmets or pauldrons. Maybe we were particularly unlucky with Voldrak. Gonna try again this eveing.

@Ulvar1 yea there is a system called instanced loot. When either of us opens a chest, kills a monster, pop heroic spoils etc. the game gives us different drops and we don’t see nor can pick each others items. But if the item is already on the ground (like dynamite) or one of us drop an item on the ground, it becomes visible to us both and only one person can pick it up. I think this system is very pleasent. Even if you play with total strangers, there is no risk of loot fight, sharing something is simple as dropping on the ground. If you are farming something specific, you have even higher chance of finding it because 2 people are getting 2 sets of drops from the same monster. Would recommend. :+1:

Ok I see, well try kill him more times. 50% drop chance and 5 runs not getting one is just 3% bad luck :wink:

Playing multiplayer for me, is too easy. Monsters do not scale enough in HP and dmg to make it hard. Basically you deal double dps to the same monster as in single player… :slight_smile:

Finally, guide is completed :stuck_out_tongue: was sick over Xmas and then I got hooked up on leveling an EoR shieldbreaker SSF from scratch for Nerys thread.

EDIT: 1.1.9.0 update

SICK! :smiley:

3 Likes

Am I the only person who is so anal that I noticed the leveling diary links are all labeled a level lower than what they should be. It bothered me for a while until I realized OP was probably mistakenly counting lvl 1 as 3 points, but from what I see you can’t get those points until you do the hidden path or w.e. that quest is. Otherwise, great guide and I love the build. Bashing things to death is way more fun than I thought it’d be.

Hi all! I am a complete beginner in the game,I really like this build. That would be my question this build viable in 1.1.9.5 ?. thank you for your reply have a nice day

should be viable, just keep the general remark from the Beginner build guides Compendium (for AoM + FG expansions) in mind