[1.1.9.0 - 1.1.9.1] Budget Physical Cadence S&B Warlord

You’d laugh but somehow for this very playthrough Baldir just refused to drop. I got mine by transmuting the pieces of another set.

Ouch. I tried budget desolator (more like pre-Desolator levelling though) in the past but it was rather dull to my taste. Good luck there.

a Desolator budget is the target build - and well, it went that good last time that I needed a break and made the Blade Arc version posted here :rofl:

Hi. Thanks for a great build.
Level together with lightning druid so Trash-Packs are not my Job…I tackle Bosses and Champions.
Have 2 questions.
Just got 50 in the middle of ACT 4 and have nearly no vitality/Chaos resist. How important is it to fix these holes in Veteran when only honored faction is Homestead. ( First character)

When switching from my MI to totally Normal shield Tooltip said i will loose 600 DPS… I think due to low physical value. Can you explain why its still worth it?

Thanks

Not expert in any way, but tooltip can be quite missleading. It shows dps of skill on LMB(or RMB if you have move on left) and nothing else. So only that cadence strike - no WPS or other skills like blitz or shield’s counterstrike.

1 Like

Thanks (and sorry for the late reply). :slight_smile:

1. The resistances at level 50 slowly become more important, but as long as you accept some deaths it is still doable - but having at least something around 40-50% is at this point surely better and funnier to play (especially, if lots of enemies do the kind of damage where your character has low resistances)

2. The main reason for the move to the Totally Normal Shield was to have a bit more standardized gear (and so having less items to target farm). The bonus to safegurad / oathkeeper mastery on the shield is nice - but not that important at this time. So, a good MI can surely be better (but also a dps loss of 600 is not that important at this level)

1 Like

I took the build (with some personal preference modifications) all the way through Hardcore Ultimate and all challenge dungeons. Farming a bit now and going to attempt some of the easier Celestial bosses soon.

Very smooth leveling experience. The biggest key to the early game is farming a Milton’s Casque ASAP. As soon as you get that you have enough damage to rush to Deadly momentum while still investing in some defensive skills on the way there. And once you get Deadly Momentum the rest is easy as pie.

One question I have for OP or anyone is why the investment in Presence of Virtue? I guess for the OA? It seems better to me to just put points into shattering Smash or elsewhere for 20DA shred per point. But it is a small thing overall.

Very good build!

1 Like

It was mostly done for the OA and personal preference at the time I levelled the character (and also, tbh, lazyness to (re-)think about every investment as long as the character works rather well), so is no more profound reason behind this decision.

Beside Blindside for the DA shred, Rebuke is likely also a worthwile target for some of the points.

No Tree of Life ?

Sorry for necroing again one of your thread The Coyote but I was really interested in this build since I think I can safely say I love the Soldier class or more like Sword and Shield combination on every build I play.

My question is, what is the purpose of the last point on the Frog Devotion tree? I mean the one that gives Vitality damage, Aether damage and damage to the beasts alongside a pet bonus as well.

Is it really worth considering there’s no pet on the buid and it’s a physical build? I’m trying to understand the game and mechanics so one day I can be like you and help people by creating builds.

affinity - to be able to take Oleron (needs 20 purple, frog provides 3) - the only bonus usable by the character is the +6 racial damage bonus to beasts

Oh I see. Thanks a lot for the fast answer. Didn’t think it was that the reason.

Much appreciated.