[1.1.9.0 - 1.1.9.1] Elemental Pew Pew - Luminari Purifier SR75-76 | CR ~4:45

GT is missing a few points in vindictive flame

Doing some additional testing here, but feels like 2x Sigillis with 3 piece Luminari set is superior thanks to the global chaos conversion and early % buff to ele firestrike. Will update thread with findings

1. the above was wrong, full luminari set still ideal

2. what should work out to some mild buffs to this in test right now if they hold, gloves will most likely change at minimum

How do you level this build?

Hmm, doesn’t look like there are any up to date purifier starter guides. Doing it with fire strike is actually not well supported with faction gear, so it will lean on random drops quite a bit. Way back in AoM when I leveled a purifier I used francis pistol, the corpse drop right at the start of act 1, for my weapons until better gear dropped. They can be farmed for upgrades pretty regularly.

Will see if I can dig up or sketch out a leveling guide

1 Like

[1.1.9.1] Budget 2-handed ranged "The Desolator" Fire Strike Fire Purifier (without claiming that it was fun in the early phase - and it is for a 2 hander-fire-gun in the end)

There are a couple +2 Fire Strike 1-hander pistols as well while levelling to fill in gaps on the 1/50/70 level requirements for Francis Gun:

Level 15: Double-Barrel Pistol. Craftable by Duncan according to Сraftsmen of Cairn.

Level 37: Hand Mortar. Blueprint to craft it if not already known can be vendor farmed from Benevald.

Level 62: Shrapnel Pistol. Blueprint to craft it if not already known can be vendor farmed from Benevald.

Level 94: Mythical Aldur’s Inquisition. Guess where the blueprint for this comes from?

2 Likes

Is blueprint farming from Benevald even a thing? How many times have you farmed him for a particular blueprint? I’m asking because I don’t know but he has 144 blueprints I believe and offers 0 - 1? I might not remember correctly.

Seems like a night and day in comparison to Hyram / Agarrad who have only ~30 blueprints and Vinelton who offers a few of them at a time. From those you can get any blueprint in half an hour at most, maybe an hour if you’re very unlucky. I’d gladly use his items in SSF characters but it doesn’t look reasonable.

I suppose it depends on when you’re farming him as well? At level 30-40, he shouldn’t offer blueprints to craft Level 70 equipment for example so that should help in cutting things down. Getting the Aldur’s Inquisition blueprint would still be a challenge but at 94, it’s lower priority compared to the Luminari set.

I can’t remember how many blueprints he sells on average but if you’re rift hopping between 2 other vendors around the world (both of the ones at Devil’s Crossing might work for this before starting AoM? Needs testing/verifying), then you should be able to refresh his inventory often.

Edit:

Was able to track this post down that seems to go over when he starts selling certain blueprints and it’s trickier than I thought:

@tqFan For someone playing SSF, it might be harder or require some testing/anecdotal evidence then to se how easy/hard it is to pick up the right blueprints.

2 Likes

Yes, but the process can be boring.

How do you farm benevald? Couldn’t find any guides online.

Check his wares, drop a personal rift down by him. Then check I believe 2 other vendors around the world - I usually go Devil’s Crossing + Malmouth Steelcap District as they’re both close to the rift and there are some nice pocket materials like Scrap/Aether Crystals you can grab in Malmouth if you’re running short. Then check Benevald again and his wares should be different. Repeat as necessary. If you get caught stuck at some point where his wares don’t reset after a loop, then just go to the main menu and start a new game and continue from there.

It’s repetitive and can get boring as mentioned above so it helps to throw something on in the background like an album/podcast or a video/movie/stream if you have a second monitor etc.

1 Like

I used to open rifts and moving around for some time to wait for Benevald’s wares to be updated (changed).

You can use the method described by @Evil_Baka in the post above.

1 Like

Just got Aldur’s inqusition blueprint as a random drop. After farming benevald for like an hour and a half

1 Like

After 100 painful hours i can almost build this. Is this build Lokar and others end game bosses viable?

Lokarr should not be an issue. Mog/Ravager/Cally/Crate will definitely be a challenge as it’s not overly tanky. With careful kiting some should be possible, never tried myself on this build though

Sorry for the noob question, but how can I get this luminari set? I’m quite new to the game, searching for builds to do.

you have to either find the pieces of the set in game, or find blueprint and craft the items. Basically just play the campaign and the pieces or blueprint might drop, especially if you defeat monster totems (and your character has to be at a sufficient level to drop the pieces)

1 Like

also, iif you have Forgotten Gods expansion, if you find other set pieces that you dont want, you can transmute set pieces to other set pieces of comparable value (though the outcome is random). You can transmute at an inventor once you have finished one of the Forgotten Gods quests

1 Like

Yeah, i’ve played this game like, three years ago, and i leveled up a purifier to 100, but i did basically nothing of the endgame farm and wanted to start this stuff (but this build doesn’t seem to work anymore, it’s really old)… I have the blueprint for the luminari hat, but I searched for the rest of the set in wiki and it seems that it isn’t a blueprint for it.