[1.1.9.0-1.1.9.7] Blitzer Physical Warlord: The Tank Who Hits Hard and Fast

I see you are using Oleron’s Wrath Relic. Have you tried out the Deathstalker Relic?

I run a Physical EOR Warlord and found not only was Zeal more Damage than Oleron’s somehow but that Deathstalker Relic was another big damage gain for me as well. This could be because im already stacking a high amount of -%Physical Resistance but it was insane how much more damage i was making with that Minion Aura. And it seems to be immortal as well even though it has a Pet Life bar unlike our Guardians. Definitely a Relic i want to try out on more builds and it also has -10% Bleed as well as Acid Res.

It makes sense that Zeal deals more Damage than Oleron’s for an EoR Warlord because EoR benefits a lot from the Attack Speed bonus from Zeal. Blitz, however, does not benefit from AS bonuses at all.

I haven’t tested Deathstalker yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it performs better than Oleron’s Wrath DPS-wise. I chose Oleron’s Wrath because of the +1 to all skills in Soldier bonus and the skill proc that deals area damage while Blitz in on cooldown. Deathstalker would probably perform much better against single target, I think.

Any reason not to put at least a point in Markovian’s advantage?

Yeah like i said i was very surprised how that -10% phys res performed for me. Puts me at almost 800K total damage on dummies according to Grim Internals. This is without Mythical Beroneth which ive still not found the print for yet. :frowning: I desperately needed the Stun Res far more than +1 Soldier would give me i felt.

Its pretty crazy how well RR performs in general. Definitely a priority stat for endgame.

Build is great, just hit level 100 deathless on this.
Farming the MIs has been fun and many good drops are available. Gearing has been pretty easy.
Don’t have the shoulders and the relic yet but it seems that they are not essential and easily replaceable.
Start was a bit weak but things got better as you level up. Coming from mage/pets builds I’m pretty happy with this tank. Going to max gear it and take it to do the harder content now.

Looks like i need to farm like 50 undenbloom for all the augments…shish

Not really, I just couldn’t think of a reason for using it. The build doesn’t do much damage with default attacks or WPS. Shattering Smash is maxed only because of the physical resistance reduction. The most damage comes from Blitz and the proc skills buffed by Deadly Momentum, so it’s better to put those extra points into Safeguard for the flat Physical Damage buff that’s applied to all skills with % weapon damage. It scales really well.

I’m glad you’re having fun with the build :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, farming greens for this build is pretty fast and easy since 3 out of 4 MI drop from bosses that spawn in fixed locations. The hardest MI to farm is the Wendigo Glare because it drops from Hero monsters that spawn randomly across Glomwald and Ugdenbog mostly.

Best replacements for the epic shoulder are the Gargoyle Spines that drop from gargoyles in Act V. You can farm them at the Eldritch Gate Rift.

If you want to farm ugdenblooms faster, follow this route:

1. Start at the Ugdenbog riftgate and go down
  2. Clear the bottom line to the left and to the right
  3. Go back to the Ugdenbog riftgate and go up, keeping your right
  4. If you find The Undergrowth, enter it. The places is filled with monsters that drop ugdenblooms
  5. Keep going up while keeping your right
  6. When you reach the upper limit of the map, walk diagonally towards the southwest. You’ll find the entrance to The Undergrowth (if you haven’t found it yet) plus a bunch of mosters that drop ugdenbloms on the way
  7. Once you reach the southwest corner, go up and keep your left for more poisonous blooms

Thanks, I’ll check that farming route out. I was using Gloomwald crossing rift running counter-clock wise for farming but maybe your option is better. You can never have too many undenblooms…

I just did get the shoulders. I was using the the dread knight leggplates that are somewhat similar to the shoulders

For relic I’m still on juggernaut but maybe I’ll go farming for kittens recipe in the ancient grove

1 point in Markovian advantage says +45% to all damage so I’m assuming it applies to blitz and procs and seems worth it

That damage bonus is applied to Markovian’s Advantage hits only. Blitz and other skills won’t benefit from it.

Hi dude,

Where did you farm Wendigos for the Wendigo Glare?
I’m having a hard time with it :confused:

Thanks

Gloomwald, Gloomwald Crossing, Coven’s Refuge and Altar of Rattosh. The wendigo glare is the hardest item to farm because there are not many wendigos available to kill but their drop rate from wendigo heroes is just 5.41%.

You may have better luck farming Wendigo Glare in the Shattered Realm and/or the Crucible. I was lucky that when I decided to create this build I had several Wendigo Glares stored in my item assistant that I had collected in the past. But since I started playing this build I kid you not, I haven’t got a single decent wendigo glare to drop in the game.

I have over half a dozen glares
You can try this farming route:
Start at Gloowald crossing, head SW to the celler
head south under the arch and then east for the wendigo group there
Then south all the way to the second cellar, which also has a treasure trove
Don’t bother with Avris. Not worth the time

I still use those dread knight pants, + serenity and manage to get my build to 24k health but my OA is only 2500.

Also only now started using overguard, Didn’t notice it’s an active skill u need to cast…but managed to do all campaigns w/o just fine, hehehe

Edit: Just finished ancient grove on ultimate. First time I manage to kill the boss on that difficulty and it was fast and easy. Also got the dathstalker recipe on the way and another set of that shoulder armor,

I’ve been levelling with this build. Primarily just filling out the soldier skills. Level 60 and only put 4 points in oathkeepr. 2 in safeguard and two in presence of virtue.

Without ways to reduce Blitz cycle time I found it to be to long between attacks. I put dryad’s blessing on cadence. Blitz in, brutal shield slam, spam cadence until blitz cycles. Using a one hand mace so far. Started elite and bosses are a pain but I think that has more to do with need to get resists maxed than anything else.

made lvl 100 today and i am now farming the 5 legendaries i miss to have all items. How fast can you farm SR with this build?

Abuse the vendor in Ancient Grove. Just go to next (the final) area in there, stay and wait for like 30 seconds, then go back to the vendor - it now sells new items.

Once you have decent gear, SR 65-66 is a breeze. You can just ignore trash mobs and only engage Heroes, Bosses and Nemesis. They will all die quickly.

I’m currently using a different devotion path that’s working better. I dropped Hawk, Bull and Bear in favor of Azraaka. The damage is much better. I’ll soon update this guide with the updated devotion path.

1 Like

This is nitpicking, but the current patch is 1.1.8.1 :wink: I don’t think we’ll ever had or will have 1.8.0.0 :smiley:

Very nice build and guide btw, seems like it has load of flexible gearing too! nice work!

1 Like

buzzkill - don’t take my dreams away from me :disappointed:

1 Like

great, build update would be nice :wink:

It astonishes me that it took so long for someone to notice that :rofl: Thanks you for pointing it out.

2 Likes