[1.1.9.0-1.1.9.7] Blitzer Physical Warlord: The Tank Who Hits Hard and Fast

It is done :grin:

1 Like

Yeah those are very under rated epic items :slight_smile: Fun to see a build that uses both of them with good success

Even a well-rolled Bloodbriar’s Thorn is not better than Lapis Lupus?

What about well rolled Bargoll Root? Wouldn’t it be better than the Cruel Edge? I have a relentless of ruin one, for example. how would it fare?

The thing with Bloodbriar’s Thorn is that it only gives crit damage bonus to Blitz, while Lapis Lupus gives the same crit damage bonus to everything while it’s active. Since you have many different sources of damage, Lapis Lupis ends up being a better offensive option.

The same is true for Cruel Edge: it gives bonuses to everything, while Bargoll’s Root benefits mainly Blits and Shattering Smash. Also, at level 24 Blitz alreadt has 424% weapon damage, therefore Bargoll’s Root +60% weapon damage bonus to Blitz represents a mere 14% damage increase for Blitz.

A well-rolled Bloodbriar’s Thorn would be better defensively compared to Lapis Lupis without sacrificing damage that much. But based on my experience Bargoll’s Root is simply inferior to Cruel Edge, however well-rolled.

1 Like

What affixes would make a Bloodbriar’s Thorn well-rolled?

Prefixes: Crushing, Warrior’s, Stonefaced, Imposing
Suffixes: of Supremacy, of Soulwarding

1 Like

It’s been a long time since you posted this comment. I’ve finally decided to optimize the build for internal trauma damage and it feels much better. Replaced Oleron for Doom, picked all internal trauma constelations and optimized gear. Damage output is more consistent. Most bosses will die from internal trauma alone once they reach 50% life.

1 Like

The biggest problem with IT is that when reflected it can kill yourself extremely fast unless you have almost maxed reflect resist. Here you have pretty fair phys and 40% reflect resist, but not so much health leech or regen to counter the huge dot you’ll get even at only.~ 25% of your damage.

That said, I seem to recall that the later patches reduced mobs reflection to a few bosses (?) so I guess you could just be very careful to spot the dangerous ones. Or maybe work Watcher in, instead of Maiden or get some Titan plating in there or iirc there is a augment for a small amount.

It might have been only Crucible where the reflect was removed from mobs, though.

Nice to hear that!

Also worth mentioning Blitz was buffed after your initial build was posted and even have few more item options, so it’s overall in better state.

Indeed, if you Blitz into an enemy with the reflect aura active and you crit, you dead. Life leech is enough to survive as long as there are enemies around, but they die fast and the distance between mobs is long enough that you die unless you sacrifice a Aether Cluster.

I avoid farming The Steps of Torment with this build, but when I do I don’t use Blitz, for safety.

I did what you suggested and replaced the head component for a Titan Plating. Problem is solved, reflective monster can’t kill me no more. Gonna update the guide soon =)