[1.1.9.0] Beginner's Apex Death Knight

Grey’s Bloodrager build, that you present as a direct upgrade, has Reaper Leagguards as BiS. Shouldn’t we choose to be enemies with Barrowholm to farm them? Or they can be farmed in SR instead?

Edit: thank you very much for the awesome guide! I successfully upgraded it to Grey’s build and it kicks ass even more now.

Think I explained this to you, in another thread, that you farm reaper pants in SR / crucible. One run (high enough shard) you can get like 3-5 of them.

1 Like

Mmm, yeah, if you want to target farm these pants then you can be enemies with Barrowholm, and I actually chose so, albeit for the whole another reason (skipping their quests so I can get to farming Krieg set sooner).

But I’ll have to agree with Ulvar that farming SR is probably more efficient if you can do it. Reaper spawn points are REALLY spread out, you’ll be hunting that mutt across the whole Ugdenbog, making the whole enterprise have very low return for the time spent. Just because they are best in slot doesn’t mean they have very high impact, we’re probably speaking about 2-3% damage difference here at best.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with a pair of well rolled Grava pants either, +3 ranks to spectral wrath is 3% more RR which also can be about 3% more dps :slight_smile:

1 Like

The thing is, i hate SR… I barely got to SR35 on normal. I am grinding it 5 shards at a time, just to get the waystone for 65, so I can switch to farming 65-66 on ultimate. Maybe after I do this grind, 2 shards won’t be as painful.

What I meant is that maybe this info would be useful to have in the guide. Had i known this from the start, I would’ve get enemies with Barrowholm. As it is, i am friendly with them, because of the advice that if not stated otherwise, always be friendly.

unless you wanna farm Reaper and Namadea in maincampaign instead of crucible/SR

Exactly my point. I didn’t know I might need to farm reaper. I didn’t even know reaper is barrowholm nemesis…

Then you should have done some more research :wink: like Google: “reaper Grim Dawn”

Look, i understand that i might sound spoiled, but it was just a suggestion.

I am a casual player and the game is very complex. That’s why I follow guides. I don’t have time to research everything.

If the guide writer would like to hear feedback and accommodate, that would be great. If not, then it’s up to the players to solve this problem, either by doing their own research, playing SR or some other solution.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BrnjD2

I spend some time farming MIs. I farmed every mob that can drop a good MI for us + ancient grove (Ugdenblooms and recipe) + bastion of chaos (for nemesis reputation)
I know some runs are now better for me than others. IMO I will rarely find a better amulett and weapon. I need the recipe for the relic.
What do you think is the prio list to farm next?
Imo

1. Ugdenblooms for new compenents
  2. Recipe for new relic
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???
  6. Start farming SR and make a new char? :smiley:

SR 65 down. But I died in the boss room against Kubacabra (or how ever you spell him! the Beast nemesis)

https://gyazo.com/53302ce89866944a8efdac0d74efa4c5

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRd5Dv2

1 Like

I’d say better affixes on the weapon can potentially lead to highest damage boost.

Hey dragon,

Just wanted to say a huge thanks as a new player to grim dawn, managed a few level 100 nows, couple of them being your builds, with this one being the latest. Helped me to understand the game alot more and gives me inspiration to try my own builds soon, just gotta not rip lol.

You’re blademaster build was probably my favourite so far but here is a link to my progress on this one.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPPMKlZ

P.S Farming the Krieg set nearly broke me lol

3 Likes

I can relate.

Actually one reason I got into making builds on budget is I just don’t have it in me to farm gear for hours anymore.

But some people just adore the Krieg set and Krieg DK in particular, so I thought why not.

1 Like

If farming krieg set is killing you, better stay away from d2 resurected :smiley:

Luckily Im not really interested in vanilla D2, Usually play median when I decide to get my fix.

Going to start this build soon. Your lightning Warder guide is amazing. Looking forward to trying this one. Thanks man, us noobs truly appreciate the in-depth guides!

Hi! I loved creating this build. Thank you! Just got my final piece of the Krieg set and my resists look good.
Question: Why do you use Blitz/Blindside and Glyph of Incoporal Winds?
What rotation do you use during boss fights?
I am curious what your hotkey bar looks like.
Thanks again!

Two mobility skills means faster farming runs.

In short, cast RE for debuffing from the start and recast it once in a while (no reason to spam it because Assasin’s Mark has 18 second duration), as for War Cry it’s overall a good idea to cast it on cooldown unless you know you can manage without it. Bone Harvest is also used on cooldown. Mark of Torment is more of an opportunistic skill and the concept of “rotation” isn’t really appliable here.

Thank you for the reply! People like you make this much more fun. Great suggestions. Finally got the Deathstalker Blueprint last night! Next I need to work on the Mythical Belt and Ring of the Black Matriarch. Have a great day!

2 Likes