[1.1.9.0] Beginner's Apex Death Knight

Hello. So did you hit a wall on elite or you’re just afraid of it? The way you phrased it could mean it both ways. But hitting any walls on Elite shouldn’t be a thing for this build.

You can switch to Blade Arc once you’re level 90+ and get the Halberd, but the damage will be give or take the same as Forcewave while your range will be reduced to melee.

Krieg set is actually not the condition whether you make the switch or not. When I switched to Blade Arc I mostly still had green items, then I slowly replaced them with Krieg pieces one by one (and you want Krieg’s Mask first and foremost because of useful War Cry modifier). It was way past 94 when I equipped full Krieg but I was running with Halberd starting from 90 or so. Not that it was a step up in build performance but the switch had to start sometime.

Ah yeah I see it now that it could be interpreted as both ways, I did NOT hit a wall, I am currently level 96 and farming Cronley’s rings, have yet to get a good one xD And I’m also working on the reputation, getting nemesis rank for those infrequents (I think thats correct, right?)
So yeah I might try and get a few more of the green pieces to sort out resistances and slowly start swapping out pieces for krieg

You can get all nemesis green items (except kaisans amulets) in shattered realm and crucible :slight_smile:

no way, really? But what are the drop rates, because I can imagine there are quite a few to choose from on the loot-table right?

You need to do pretty high shards and cruci. Like at least wave 25-30 in SR and at least 100 in Cruci I think.

The time invensted per item is much greater than hunting individual nemesis in campaign, at least in general.

When I do SR65-66 runs on ultimate I get like 10 nemesis greens and takes like 5-7min or something.

Right so since I’m doing the campaign anyway atm, I might as well just, continue get nemesis rank, and I suppose I can try both ways see where my item will drop ^^

What are you looking for btw, Kubachapra pants? They are not really needed, any pair of good green pants are fine. I like Solael pants, they always roll aether and bleed res, and freeze res and life steal :slight_smile: Also very easy and fast boss to farm and on the way to her there is ancient spirit totem spawns.

Grava’Thul’s Legguards

Those and mogara amulet I think I need nemesis for?

Morgara no she is just a purple boss in the jagged waste. Kuba pants not needed

ah gotcha, well I think I’m working on unlocking the hidden path quest in broken hills, that I need to farm the solael pants right?

Yes, you need the runestone of dreeg first for that

Ok yeah I managed to unlock the guardian of solael and I killed it once, but I need to improve my chaos res I think because that bastard chunked me hard and I cant out-leech it right now it seems

You can just step out of her purple pool she casts under you, and continue attacking :slight_smile:

yeah but that ranged lightning looking bolt chunks me too I noticed
Also I just now swapped out some pieces with kriegs, just the 2set for now but my lord it made a huge difference, I’m gonna swap to blade arc soon, just afraid I’ll lose alot of dmg since I have a decent mythical stonefist rebuke

Thanks for an awesome guide, forcewave is so much fun. I’ve hit a problem with devotions though. I cannot remove Scholar´s light because it´s dependent on the Kraken constellation. Any advice on what I can do to fix that?

have you done exactly in this order?

1. Crossroads (purple)
  2. Hammer
  3. Crossroads (blue)
  4. Eel
  5. Dire Bear (bind proc to Forcewave)
  6. Crossroads (green)
  7. Scholar’s Light
  8. Kraken
  9. Empty Throne
  10. Ulzaad (bind proc to War Cry)
  11. Toad
  12. Remove Scholar’s Light
  13. Remove Crossroads (green)
  14. Remove Hammer
  15. Solemn Watcher
  16. Assasin’s Blade (bind proc to Ravenous Earth)
  17. Panther
  18. Remove Eel
  19. Azraaka (without proc node)
  20. Wolverine
  21. Crossroads (yellow)
  22. Remove Dire Bear
  23. Oleron (without head node, bind proc to Forcewave / Blade Arc)
  24. Own (3 nodes)

I suspect you did not complete Ulzaad devotion to get the green affinity it provides when completed.

Damn I´m a moron! You´re correct, I missed a star in Ulzaad constellation… :slight_smile: Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Just wanna point out that the video does SR 65-66 in elite, not in ultimate. Perhaps that is good enough? Just unsure what the “standards” are :slight_smile:

Oops, missed that.

There are no established standards. Normally none who makes builds for beginners will insist that a good beginner build should definitely clear SR65 in rags. It’s more of a standard high end builders use on the odd days where they decide to make something budget (which they gdstash as well of course). They reason it as the build needs to do at least this much to farm but it’s a hogwash, there’s simply no way a legit player will be that poor by the time he goes anywhere close to SR65. I’ve been accumulating at least one stash page of legendaries while simply doing the final tweaks to the build before publication. Past tense because I just sell them nowadays.

I mean I’ve been doing it as well since they threw a gauntlet up my face, even have the results posted on this forum. Ultimate SR65 Infiltrator in budget gear, tweaked enough to be fairly reliable in my hands. But it’s an absolutely artifical standard I never really endorsed, so I don’t adhere to it.

Frankly I don’t even stress test my builds much these days because by now I just intuitively know if they are good enough or not.

3 Likes

Great guide, having fun with this build doing some DLC on elite. Just wondered if there any solutions for running out of energy? I’m finding I have to use elixirs fairly often, having not had to use them at all for the first difficulty. Thanks in advance!