[1.1.9.0] Beginner's Apex Death Knight

Arcane Spark into amulet or medal.

Will this build be updated for the new patch that dropped today?

Does it even need it?

The build is really solid by the way, i have been using it as my first char in GD and im already smashing through ultimate.

Appreciate the work!

Hello, nothing really changed about the build much. I guess I’ll just change the tag right now.

Hello ,i’ve been following your pre-krieg build so far (im still leveling im around 60) and i stumbled on this build while reading some replies from other people and im curious .
Which one would you recommend ,i expect you to say this one because you said “I never really considered it to be among the best of my works, quite the opposite actually.” ,but you never know hence why im asking.

Hello.

Yes, this one is better built in every regard except that it doesn’t use a shield. Some people just choose my pre-Krieg DK for that reason alone.

Not sure what else to say because the introduction part covers it all. To summarize, the reasons I consider pre-Krieg setup non-perspective are:

1. Shield meta is in a state of decline for more than a year. It has degenerated to a point where shield build = retal build.
  2. Even if you want a classic shield build there’s little reason not to play Warlord.
  3. If you want to level a shield build then yet again there’s little reason not to play Warlord.
  4. Shield builds have generally lower than average damage, but more durable. In theory it means you can farm harder content, in practice not only other archetypes can do it almost as good, but they can do it faster too.

Thank you for your answer and for everything else you contributed to the community ,really.

Hi, looks really good. I tried old build some time ago.

can I ask why you are using Wolverine constalation? Only because DA? Would not something else be better?

Anyway thanks for all your builds. Really helped me understand game better.

Yes, it’s for DA.
Technically you can get full Owl and Hammer, and remove Wolverine and purple Crossroads and have +2 points at your disposal, one of which goes into Azraaka’s proc to compensate for almost 130 DA loss, and the other maybe into red Crossroads for 5% heath. Whether it’s an equal trade can be debatable though, because Azraaka won’t be debuffing every single enemy you’re fighting due to it being a narrow wave. Try it I guess?

Ok, thanks for explanation. I never got to endgame so, I’m not sure how DA is important there and wanted to understand more.

Anyway so far your build feel realy great. I play SC and now I am on lvl 67. Never actually died. Only close call was just now on elite with Rashalga. And probably mostly cause unoptimized points in Forcewave and that I have just lvl 40 Obsidian war cleaver. (only one drop on Normal, but it was superior of alactrity, so… ) https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2Mw7erZ

1 Like

Looks decent, although I think you can afford better components for head and chest, like Runestone and Sanctified Bone. Runestone would be especially useful when you’d be farming Krieg set. Similarly I’d consider Mark of Illusion for rings at this level.
Also if you already have Respected with Malmouth or Cult of Dreeg you can check their shop for FW-related chest and shoulders.
Nice belt, very lucky!

Thanks for the tips! I actually used Runestone for a while, but I have aether and elemental caped now. Though I didn’t consider damage boost. Still best upgrade would be find lvl 70 cleaver with same affixes. I am stil on original elite . Just finished fort Ikon and doing hidden path quest. So no expansion for me yet.

Yeah belt was second try actually :smiley: Once I had +15 on forcewave and didnt even realize it .

This got me thinking quite a long time, until i decided to check the final build and see that you meant Owl in fact…

by the way, which weapon should i use - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mX6lnN or Stonefist Rebuke, assuming that i already have Forcewave overcapped by 2 points.

Is the +2 to all soldier skills and DA shred on Stonefist better than the sheer DPS increase of the Warcleaver?

The green one is better until you drop the mythical stone fist id say

1 Like

Fixed!

I’d use green one.

1 Like

From my experience, mythical Stonefist can help because it could be problem to get lvl 84 cleaver on elite. (only AoM enemies have lvl high enough and just barely)

Btw got to lvl100 and with blade arc got into bit of energy problems. Is there something I missed? O how did you solve it.? Thanks
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4Vxr7jpN

shop them in BoC in normal :slight_smile: costs a skeleton key though.

Energy, you can use augment in right hand ring. Also soul shard has some energy absorb which can work ok.

I am following this guide as well but I notice that the Devotion build wont let me go into the Dire Bear tree at point 5 as shown. Am I not following correctly? Am I supposed to max out the Hammer and Eel before moving to Dire bear?

Thank you in advance.

always when we write devotions, we mean entire constellation unless other is specified :slight_smile:

Thank you very much. I went and changed it to fix my progress.

Also, Does it matter when picking one of the 3 Gods? Was looking at gear choices and didnt really see anything that stuck out at me for skills and stats for this build in particular.