[1.1.9.0] Beginner's Forgotten Blademaster

When you’ve got 100% of your Physical damage being converted into Pierce damage by armor piercing, how does +% Physical Damage affect your attacks? Does it apply to the physical damage before it gets converted to Pierce? Does +% Pierce apply to physical damage that’s been converted to Pierce?

%phys will do nothing.

the order is conversion -> % bonuses. damage can only be converted once excluding some guardians of empyrion and another skill i cant remember. But the transmuters changes the spell entirely, not just add a conversion.

Ah, OK. Thanks for the heads up! Now I know I can ignore %phys bonuses.

Though that begs the question: what about flat +phys? Like a ring that adds 5-10 phys dmg. Does that get added to your weapons’ base damage, and then converted to pierce? That seems like it makes the most sense, but I guessed wrong last time…

Oh, and speaking of flat phys added by gear: does it get added to both weapons? Or does it get split across them? Or…?

Yes, it does.

If it comes from the weapon then it affects only hits by that weapon, while if it comes from anywhere else it affects both weapons.
Mind that it only works that way for flat damage. Flat damage over time doesn’t work that way and is only applied once.

So I finally made myself a Slaughter relic, and it’s Bloodbath skill has me enthralled. It’s like Ring of Steel (another skill I just unlocked) on Super Steroids. I’m loving it!

But now I’m curious: is there any good way to make them both (Ring of Steel and Bloodbath) cast automatically whenever they’re off cooldown? And maybe also make it so I don’t stop moving when I cast them?

I imagine that I can probably solve the first one with AutoHotKey, but I’m not really sure I’d be able to move freely while doing that.

You cannot remove the stop-start from them but you can make it much less noticeable with cast speed, don’t recommend though.

You can check out TQ fans release. I have never used it. I dont know if it has the logic to make it cast only when in range.

Where does the Stun Resist come in from?

Scars of Battle, rings, boots.

Are there other sources of "Increase Armor Piercing by X%” besides Blades of Nadaan constellation? I ask because I just discovered the Redeemer of Malmouth crafted faction sword, and it’s bonkers… but it’s only 30% armor piercing. So Blades only boosts that to 60% Phys->Pierce conversion, right?

Blessed Whetstone.

EDIT: but even with two of them and Nadaan that would be 30% * (1 + 200/100) = 90%, and you’re losing super strong Seal of Blade components. I’m not using these easy to get swords in the guide for a reason.

Got it. I was just curious if there was any good way to do it. Having to give up Seal of Blades only to end up with a 10% pierce damage nerf sounds pretty bad, so it would seem that the answer is a hard “no”.

That said, I assume you meant “I’m not using these easy to get swords in the guide for no reason.”?

Uh, perhaps? Not that well versed in english grammar & semantics.
The meaning was that there’s a reason why I’m not using it in the guide, and that reason is exactly low piercing ratio.

Hi @Stupid_Dragon ! THX very much for Your help and this build. For me as newbie was BIG help. with your build, I went through the whole game, including the ultimate difficulty and basic last bosses. Amazing, fast character. Im SC player, so no problem if i sometime died :slight_smile:
Now, ive got equip already,change to “Belgothian spec” and tryed another devotions etc. Now i have very fast dps character, not so dificult(not too much abilieties), but small armor and not enough res. With this ability/equip setup, do You have any opinions for me ? CHange DPS to resists and armor but where ? Sorry for my bad ENG and one more thanks for Your help here on forum ! Daniel

here my grimtools: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1eJ1DV

Hello.

Contrary to common assumptions I haven’t played Belgo blademaster.
Best I can suggest is to try to copy @mad_lee 's Luminari Godlikker.

I’m using this one [1.1.7.1] DW Baldemaster Ravager of Flesh Kill 1m16s, Mogdrogen Kill 1m30s, Callagadra Kill 3m50s, SR 75~76 [vid]

Very easy to play and does sr 75/76 relatively easily, depending on boss combinations. I usually farm 65-66 and with that build it’s very easy to do it.

Thanks very much guys, i try to ask @mad_lee in his post.

How do the skills like Marvovian’s Advantage and Amarasta’s Quick Cut (I believe they’re known as WPS skills?) interact with each other? Do their proc chances work addatively, such that if you have four of these skills procing at least 25% of the time, every autoattack will be replaced by one of them? What happens if you have more than 100% chance from all the procs added together?

And what about Cadence? Does that cause every 3rd attack to not be able to proc these skills?

Yes.

You have to scale the added chances to 100 again to obtain the % at which each skill activates (so, for example, if you had 5 skills each with a 25% chance for a total of 125% of a WPS activating, when scaling to 100% it would meaan each of them have a 20% chance of activating).

Yes, Cadence procs don’t activate WPS as far as I know.

1 Like

Weirdly it does actually. When you dual wielded atleast, with DW you hit right>left>left+right. And technically Cadence hit only with your main weapon but in instances like your Cadence Hit coincide with left+right hit; your off-hand weapon has a chance to proc wps. So you hit with both hands; Cadence hits with your main hand damage X 5; your off hand damage hits non-cadence so it’s basically base attack %100 weapon damage but if overlaps WPS too then the damage increases significantly.

1 Like

Oh cool, I didn’t know that’s how it worked! And it’s neat that WPS can proc on Cadence hits if those hits happen to correspond to the L+R attack.

1 Like