[1.1.9.0] Pure Soldier [HC] Beginner Forcewave 1-75 Leveling Guide + Endgame Options and Class Combos

Yeah you are 100% right about that, and I was thinking of doing some more single class and some more with the combo in mind. We shall see if people like this one haha

1 Like

I can include guide in my compendium too. It will be the first mono class entry!

Btw I still prefer fleshwarped casque over that MI helm for less sprit invested and higher up time on war cry.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is a good alternate piece for sure

THANKS

1 Like

Always good to see build guides with detailed focus on the leveling strategy and skill point distribution trajectory. Not enough of them include this valuable focus which is an essential tool for newer players and veterans of the game who may have never tried the class/class combo!

This is an aspect of a good beginner guide that makes me enjoy them more than other build guides. Im glad to see the trend has grown and continues to grow despite development coming to a close. Shit i move so slow in this game, GD 2 will probably release before I am able to complete all the milestones I have planned for my own builds. Ill be posting here every now and then long after development has officially ended and no more hotfixes are coming. I hope all of you do too!

2 Likes

I do a lot of testing of various strategies and a lot of my friends like to try builds of mine, so I felt it was best to formulate these guides in the same way as I would try to show them the build. There is too much focus on the endgame and not enough on the journey, which is why I intentionally omitted the endgame from the focus until the very end.

1 Like

Great to see well-writen guide and another rising builder with potential! :smile: Thanks for mentioning me, for FW you can check also this build:

It can work with Warlord too, probably better than my old guide (but harder to farm because it’s not SR set). Devotion route is tanky enough too for HC I think but after full build is made.

1 Like

Haha yeah, I was originally going to make that one myself, as an SSF HC build, especially as DK is one of my fav classes, but the No-set stipulation is exactly why I went with the Warlord. Both are fantastic builds. Also, I didn’t link your Retal Warlords as they are more advanced builds with more than 2 greens.

1 Like

yeah what is stat priority?

1 Like

I was playing on hardcore, so I just mindlessly dumped into physique for DA and HP

1 Like

Anything to worry about when it comes to the choices between Kymons chosen or the order of deaths vigil, or the 3 cults? What would you recommend?

1 Like

It’s not really important. I always choose solael because it is the fastest, but you gain a ton of experience for all the cults by just doing FG content

Hey - I am new to the game, can u tell me which way to stat my attributes? Also is this a good first starter build for the game? What items/mobs/bosses shuld i focus on? But most importantly where to put stats?

Also which blacksmith should i save? Are there any other quests that have important choices to make that I should know about this build?

THanks!

1 Like

I think a lot of that information is in there, but feel free to dm me and we can go over specifics.

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve used that build recently and I confirm the OP thread contains nearly all the needed information. I feel it’s totally suited for a first starter build. For end game, I was pondering between AlkamosHater’s warlord and death knight, and I’ve eventually tried the later. I’m regretting it a bit actually, I feel like 1.9.2 had a bad impact on it because of phys conversion rework. But maybe also the build under-performs because I don’t have the final setup yet.

For stats, you can possibly just put what you need and keep most of the points for much later when you’ve decide about your final build and setup (my toon still have more than 50 points to distribute and he’s lvl 85). And anyway, it’s not a big deal to distribute them as you can respec them with one of the potion you get with quests.

@sp00ky : it could be worth mentioning in OP that Forcewave scales on cast speed instead of attack speed. This info can be deduced from your gear because of component put on gloves, but newcomers could still miss it.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the step-by-step guide. It has really helped me understand how builds work.

One question: You mention farming the Obsidian War Cleaver starting at lvl 30. It looks like the Chthonian Vanguard are located in areas not accessible until much later in the game than where I’d expect to be at lvl 30, 40, or maybe even 55.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Depraved Sanctuary, Blood Grove, Darkvale Village/Gate, Gryver’s Mill could all be possible when you’re in the 30’s. Just depends how much exploring/clearing of areas you do while playing the game.

1 Like

thanks! I just hit 40 last nite. Will the drop scale to my level?

More or less. Might be a bit higher or lower.

Different affixes have different level requirements, even at similar breakpoints. Let’s say an item can drop at 40. The level 40-ish corresponding affixes might be 36 or 44 or 40. This can result in a level 40 item having a higher requirement because it happened to get a 40-range affix.

where does this chestplate drop Devil's Cage Hauberk - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database it does not say anywhere