[1.1.9.0] Vindictive Fame - Ember's Calling Aura Purifier (SR80)

SSF is the way to be a challenge. GT build idea suggests items to look for. Also, you will ultimately find most items with time.

The real question is “do you have the patience”? :stuck_out_tongue:

@hammyhamster1 If you have not missed it, I have posted several SSF budget builds already. It is not the item acquisition but it is the time spent figuring out in game what combination of items, augments and components etc that GT helps alot with even when playing SSF.

@Gnomish_Inquisition I think it also depends on why some ppl post builds, I wish more people would just post their builds for community feel and share the joy of playing and making builds. When I post a build, it is 90% “I wanna share something I made and have fun with, perhaps you can get some ideas from it or have some ideas to share with me” and 10% “Copy this build and you’ll be fine” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

the difference is, for some SSF builds, vs BiS GDstashed builds, the amount of time it takes, or can take, to get.
ex Ulvar or Protoss spending 50hours(or something) in GT to narrow things down, then assembling ingame in XY timeframe, gives a player a much better or realistic potential picture of what to expect, and what’s obtainable, than a build that was just tooled up, stashed, and run through to check/confirm tc performance.

BiS builds might be “better”/stronger performative and show what’s “technically” possible within the frames of GD, but a lot of them are impossible for most players not also using GDstash to play, also among some players that have hundreds of hours logged, because RNGesus…

yup, i’m also in no way dissing the elite builder community or the competitive scene and record breakers - quite the opposite. I think i’m just trying to “highlight” that i think it’s really important that these types of builds get their due consideration, and maybe even have a bigger “scene”, than just a handful of people. Because i think this “casual sharing” has its value for endgame builds just like the budget/beginner section does.

Nah I don’t spend 50h in GT per build :slight_smile: more like 30 min - 1h

1 Like

@_@ … i can spend like 2 hours on a single item slot :rofl:

its fun to watch and read about for sure, like watching pro athletes perform :slight_smile: (who are jacked with steroids and stuff) but I don’t wanna do that myself.

1 Like

It’s good to have easy-to-gather or beginner-type builds. Especially if someone is starting or wants to do SSF or such.

I was just saying that I don’t think GT is a negative to the overall experience, but more of a positive.

Usually if I want to use an MI, I try to make the build without affixes first, so that less farming is needed and most anything will do. GD components/augments make it fairly easy to do that after lvl 70. Before lvl 70, you might end up swapping around gear for each area. So is it cheating to know what to expect from each area for a gear swap? It’s very subjective.

Even in PoE, you know that there are some crazy good rolled stuff out there, but you are mostly going to try to get something adequate, which is more complicated than GD.

1 Like

no not GT, but maybe GDstash “a little” - i think that’s what the point was about between ulvar/spooks and PoE
planning tool is 1 thing, but imagine D3/PoE leagues if builders had a week advance with something similar like GDstash, how would the game builds be then compared to how the games work currently
like i love GDstash is here, for both its functions, but it does “skew” builds, and competitive performance a little, vs realism, specially from regular or casual player pov or if they don’t also use gdstash item spawn

I see your point, but in PoE it wouldn’t be likely to work. Your planning tool is about as GD stash as you can do. Because the gear is so random, unless you had pre-arranged with someone to trade everything to you.

And races are always SSF.

Nice! :damage_fire:

1 Like

Update: I did SR 80 a few times, changed diamond to sanct bone in helmet for more racist damage to chthonics.

My shieldbreaker hit a dead end and I swapped to puri. My version is much lazier, but also can run 85-90 on a good seed, and does a 5:30ish CR. I think I’ll still post the SB in the guide with it, cause its actually more fun to play lol.

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking about getting rid of one of flashbang / WoP. In an aura-build you kinda wanna use as few buttons as possible. I might try my “proc” version the comming weekend, I planned some changes https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV703AJZ picking up gallows for some (small) extra punch against IM.

I did not even bother trying beyond SR 80 on my build :slight_smile: Maybe one day, if I can motivate myself to transfer over the SR checkpoint files I have from other builds. I see no point for all builds to go as high as possible in SR as possible, at least for people that mostly see SR as a good way to get loot. Hopefully devs will put loot back into the higher SR shards… When I hit 4500h I might loosen up my game-play pureness :stuck_out_tongue:

Why you think your shieldbreaker hit a dead end? I thought you had some decent results? Perhaps post it anyway just for the sake of feedback to the devs.

If you ever need them, I have up to 140 unlocked with all quests done lol

All quests done KEKW

I think I 130 on one of my chars from old patch

I’m a bit OCD. If I see a single quest on the list on the right when I’m on an endgame build, I get annoyed. I have a template character that I use to make all my builds in SC that is 100 with no class selected, the map files up to 140 with all quests done, every map 100% explored, and a prearranged and organized inventory.

I can definitely agree with this btw. I just think that most of the casual builds need some sort of target farmable base. It would actually be nice to have a smaller compendium listed by full set rather than by class. Seeing what you can make with warborn, SR sets, dark one, krieg, etc. Would be better than trying to scour the lists looking for those types of builds. Target farmable compendium when?
PS I’m almost done making a lazier auramancer so I’ll HYU with it when I’m done haha.

I think someone is at least arranging builds ordered in main skills.

On the other hand, organizing and searching for builds on the forum is a mess. Sure, there is the Dragon compendium, and other compendiums such as mine, the grim sheet and the one where builds are organized in main skills (mentioned above). And there are “tags”…

I just think that the beginner tag is used for builds that are too underpowered. There needs to be a happy medium. Maybe people add a “target farmable” or “craftable” or “legit” tag to their builds?

I think there used to be like a gear tag back in the days (I have not been around here long time) but it was like

g1-2 : basically just faction gear and some epics
g3: epics and legendary gear
g4: same as 3 but with some additional green MI’s with no rare affix i.e. reasonably for everyone to make
g5: GD stashed deluxe

But yeah, beginner is pretty broad spectrum. Like for someone a beginner is someone who just wanna get to endgame and do some lower SR farming and then move on to the next build or just learn about the game following a detailed guide. But for another person, a beginner is SR 75-76 in ultimate :stuck_out_tongue: I think the beginner tag here more functions as a display of showing builds that can be made with almost no luck (hence big focus on faction gear and green MIs with “reasonable” rolls) and has detailed leveling guides.