[1.1.9.0] Vindictive Fame - Ember's Calling Aura Purifier (SR80)

Yeah, 100% agree. I was actually thinking of making some leveling guides for beginners but I don’t want them to be thought as that. I am, for whatever reason, an RNG god, so my builds are often quite good while leveling. I want to make builds that are an introduction to a class or playstyle more than a beginner build.

1 Like

In my SSF builds I have posted here, I did drop some “good” item here and there, but decided to keep the build as basic and “poor” as possible just for the sake of being as generic as possible (and also to challenge myself, since I do these builds 90% for my own amusement :slight_smile: )

1 Like

@sp00ky but yeah I forgot to comment on this, it is a nice idea to present also just build ideas and concepts because some ppl dont wanna follow build guides A to Z but more like get ideas from reading about other ppls builds.

I had one idea a while ago, like do some “what if you have found item X, Y and Z but don’t wanna farm SR for a month right now just to do a sick build?” stuff

Yeah, and I find myself uniquely qualified to present such ideas, as I am doing these HC roguelike runs that I talk about, almost everyday. I have tried so many unique and interesting concepts. I’ll probably end up do them as videos on my YT channel if people are interested. Then I can post them here. I can present them as a 1-75 build guide, and explain my choices and how I arrived at the build, and then present an endgame build that could be used as a goal. I actually don’t like as much when the beginner posts have a spec for 100, because they could just be farming for a better build by that point, so why not stop at 75-85 range and then show the endgame setup to show them what items to be farming for, which will be dropping at that range anyways? :smiley:

You mean like “once you get to ultimate just farm monster totems for dayz until you get the good gear”?
I guess it is because what I mentioned, most ppl don’t wanna do that (they kinda wanna get to level 100 and complete all quests in shortest time possible and factor out RNG as much as possible - if build can do CR 150-170 in 5 min or not is not of concern for most ppl) and also it is nice to show that a build can do fine without sets etc as long as you get stats and +skills and distribute them more or less focused.
I think the tradition started with Dragon, because back in the days, there was no monster totems and items drops were garbage in general. No item set transmutations NOTHING :smiley: So these faction gear based builds filled a hole between “running in scraps” and “running in BiS gear” basically.

But yes, interesting concept, I encourage you to do it if you have time and think its fun :slight_smile:

Yeah I get that. I’m just saying that between 75 and 100, your build won’t be that much different, so the only endgame stuff you will be going after should be stuff for a build you are moving towards. Most of my builds look very similar at 94 to when they were 80, just with some higher lever version of basically the same items. Once you are in the range for better stuff to drop, stick to your same build, but start storing the items for the eventual transition to the endgame setup. My buddy, for example was interested in two endgame Vindicators, (Wing Izel by ML, and the Ya1 5 Totems in a Box) so I wrote him a short guide for a fun build to use to get there, and it served him really well. Storm_Vindicator_1-75_Build_Guide.txt (2.7 KB)
it is certainly not a perfect or super thorough guide, but it illustrates my basic philosophy for these. Give people a skeleton to follow, but not so much loaded with the exact items they got and such. That is far too difficult for a lot of people, because they see all these skill boosts and such. I just included basic versions of the MIs I told him to farm for. That is all that these types of guides need imho.

Yeah but again, some like to have everything in detail, some just want some key pointers :slight_smile:

Like “which you can just search online to find out where to get it” some people will figure it out how to learn where that off-hand drops, some do not / have no clue.

Lmao yeah, as I said, it was informal and for a friend. For a public guide, I would just hyperlink the items

1 Like

I am playing a pet build now SSF 100%. IF I decide to write some “journal” about it, I am pretty much tempted in writing “Just get beastcaller set, end of guide” :sweat_smile:

Getting Banana_Peel’s guide to GrimDawn vibes from that. I think it was BP anyways. Just a gif where they select necro, then select arcanist. The End.

EDIT: found it

2 Likes

It is very accurate :smiley:

1 Like

Actually reminds me of some of the meme video guides I did for Dark Souls 3. One was about fighting spellcasters, and I just walked left and right as spells missed me. Good times :smiley:

Would you recommend this build over the saboteur for HC? the seal and extra phys res makes it more tanky it seems

Why does purifier have extra phys res?

good question, i just opened both grimtools and saw the difference between phys res and somehow i thought inquisitor grabbed the exclusive that gives phys res, but its a mod on the shield thats giving that amount of phys res lol, my bad. But even considering that, seal makes it more tanky i believe?

Depends on what content you wanna do. Inq seal is very good until it is very bad, i.e. even 22/12 rank seal is not enough to negate damage to managable levels.

what do you mean by new SR sets?

2 Likes

EDIT: @RxJunkie beat me

2 Likes

oh, thanks a lot! They are random drops though, right? are they tied to some particular achievements, like the SR set?