[1.1.9.1] Belgothian’s blademaster: Looking for improvement

Here is my build:

I still struggle to make it 170 crucible as well as 60+ SR since I find my build kinda glassy and easy to get one-hitted instantly. Am I focusing too much on damage? If yes, is there any change that I should make in order to make my build a little bit tankier. And can you guys suggest me some useful consumables please?

2 Likes

Hello and welcome. I will link my setup below; it is a cunning dump build without ghoul, extremely fast and somewhat tanky. Still dies when I play careless. Can do sr 65-66 reliably, Kaisan is a bitch. I haven’t tested in Crucible yet.

But some things that you need to improve on your build are: WPS. They are all over the place. With your rings and swords you should have a WPS setup similar to mine; Belgo’s Shears, Whirling Death, Execution, and Markovians Advantage. Make sure to get 100% WPS, or at least don’t go over that. I wouldn’t play Blade barrier at all tbh, plus Belgothian (Mask?) is losing Blade barrier points and getting Execution in next patch. I would only put one or two points in Veterancy. Invest into Warcry 12/12 but don’t take Break Morale, it’s useless for pierce builds. Also modifier on Ring of Steel is converting all pierce damage in the skill to cold. No reason for that at all. Extra point for something else. Pneumatic Burst and Shadow Dance 12/12 for both, really solid. Serenity is a good defensive relic, that being said I was going to try Belgo’s but haven’t got to it yet. Try using bloodied crystals in rings. I would put Field command at 12/12 and squad tactics at maybe 6; it’s not that useful here. Gear looks ok, I personally would drop gloves for something with pierce damage. I’m on mobile rn so Devotions I cant really see, looks ok though. Anyway, Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I would try it out

1 Like

Not an expert by any means but Belgo BM was the first character I took through endgame. Blademaster, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.1) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
Agreed with most of what Foehammer said. You should look at reassigning your WPS cause you are both overinvested and have a conflicting WPS on the medal as well that takes you even further over the cap. Survivability will not be great without War Cry. It’s arguable whether Serenity relic is better than Belgo since Belgo reduces CDs on your heal, Blade Barrier and War Cry. 1 point in Break Morale is ok IMO, it can be useful against enemies susceptible to skill disruption. Since Belgo has bad AoE, it’s nice to be able to temporarily turn off problematic enemies until you get to them. Having to chase down every single healer on the screen so that you can DPS down the Nemesis isn’t fun. Veterancy is a waste of points unless you’re going for a full regen build. Wasted points in Counterstrike, Ring of Frost, Anatomy of Murder, Phantasmal Armor. One point in passives is ok for +skills to bring it up but investing this much when you don’t even have the Pneumatic Breath, War Cry and Field Command line sorted is a nono.

I understand the motivation behind Harvestman’s Scythe, Belgo runs out of energy from time to time, but you can do better than that. Your Aether and Vitality resists are gonna get you killed, these seem to be the most heavily targeted by enemy RR.

You can also do better than Antivenom Salves and Silk Swatch. The resists on them are nice but the rest not so much. You can get these resists + extra DA and stuff on other components.

You’re still likely to hit a wall in SR eventually because of survivability, but it definitely shouldn’t be happening at SR60.

2 Likes

You’re far over 100% wps proc chance. You should reallocate some points from wps into field command, shadow dance and especially war cry: that damage reduction makes a pretty huge difference. Would take boots with slow resistance if possible

Devotions can be improved too; you don’t need 15 blue if you don’t take Obelisk. Rebinding some of them too could be useful, like put Belgothian’s Strike on Shifting Sands for more procs and war cry on Ulzaad.

2 Likes

I’ve read and tried to max out shadow dance and war cry and now my build is significantly less vulnerable than before. Thanks for your help, guys! Hopefully i can get a blueprint of serenity soon

2 Likes

Serenity is not a must, I would not worry too much about it. Good luck with the build and have fun.

1 Like