[1.1.9.1] Me-e-estah Crowley - S&B Melee Chaos Sentinel

I made some cheap chaos S&B witchblades that performed quite well :slight_smile: one cadence variant and one blade arc, but I never bothered leveled them from scratch. Would be fun to see a sword and shield SSF build diary for my little collection thread :angel:

1 Like

gah. i made a similar build a while ago but yours looks better. nice nice.

1 Like

Pretty good build, I ran a S&B chaos sentinel while leveling up, was fun! Though I am curious as to what a 2handed version of this would look like, with Righteous over EOR.

Hm, I donā€™t think 2h melee chaos Sentinel is a thing. But for vitality there is an option in form of Wrathblade sword and Revenant King helmet - if youā€™re feeling adventerous =)

This looks pretty solid.

I doubt if it can compete with this version but with 3-piece Rahā€™zin and O.Juggernaut, you might get somewhat close. 2H RF Chaos?. But then energy problems will probably cripple, itā€™s more fragile, need to roll specific relic bonus, and lose the shield wps. Itā€™s hard to beat the versatility of Fang of Chā€™thon.

Edit: or just go full Rahā€™zin for extra RR and forget about RF. (use Rahā€™zin attack) and put those points into Vireā€™s Might and other stuff.

For more on Crowley, definitely check out this hilarious podcast episodeā€¦

Heres the link, if you have Spotifyā€¦

Last Podcast on the Left - Episode 442, Aleister Crowley Part I

And pick Soldier instead of OK while youā€™re at it!

1 Like

Funktioniert der build noch ?

wo Droppen die grĆ¼nen items ?

habe jetzt 10 verschiedene builds nachgebaut und nur einer kommt annƤhrend an die werte rann die man sieht . dps pro sec.

ich suche einen nahkƤmpfer der die worldbosse zerlegt . callagra und die andern .

bitte schickt mir builds

dank euch fĆ¼r eure hilfe

und wenn mƶglich ohne grĆ¼ne items die bekomme ich eh nicht

The only thing that changed in 1.1.9.1 is gloves. You have to use these gloves now. Havenā€™t updated the build because I needed to do some performance testing with this change. Iā€™ll probably do that today or tomorrow.

As for green items, I thought I explained everything quite well in ā€œgearā€ section. I also provided non-green alternatives.

1 Like

1.1.9.1 update

With RF modifier being moved from Voidrend Talons to Voidsteel Gauntlets build is changed accordingly.

I did 5 SR 75-76 runs, a couple of Ancient Grove and Tomb of the Heretic runs, killed Lokarr to see if buildā€™s performance was changed.

While number-wise the damage havenā€™t changed much, the overall feeling of this build has WORSEN. Itā€™s something subjective and maybe itā€™s just a placebo but for some reason build feels awkward to play now, canā€™t put my finger on why exactly though. Itā€™s still strong and can trash foes like Gargabol, Morgoneth, Lokarr and others, but somehow managed to DIE to Alexander for the first time (the only legit death except for two deaths from Mogdrogen and when I was shotgunned in SR 80).

Not certain how just changing gloves made it, but I personally didnā€™t enjoy this change a bit. I have no idea why people wanted that change either.

Old manā€™s rambling aside, build now has -2 to Possession which results in -1% absorb, ~25% acid to chaos conversion less, useless acid and chaos res instead of aether res.

The only bright side is it got 3/6 ā€œfreeā€ skill points (+3 to Solaelā€™s Withcfire and +3 to Smite). I left smite at 14/10 and invested 3 points refunded from Solaelā€™s Withcfire to Safeguard to somewhat mitigate flat damage loss and a get some armor.

Image%203

Here are sheet differences. Slightly less health, DA, DPS. Slightly higher OA and armor. Thatā€™s it.

All in all, itā€™s a change that done more harm than good to this particular build. Not the end of the world, but Iā€™d rather have my Voidrend Talons.

2 Likes

Try Sentinel, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.4) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Full Voidsoul, maxed Doom Bolt, Aegis and Righteous fervor. I am able to complete SR85+ (with some deaths here and there after 82, mostly my mistakes or double pulls), gladiator 150 with buffs so far. Aegis max crit over 1m self buffed in SR ~75. Typical is ~600k crit. Doom bolt ~400k with increased radius all while RF is still at 85k sheet dps with just permanent buffs. Doom Bolt and Aegis are full heals.

With time dilation Aegis ā†’ Doom Bolt ā†’ Doom Bolt ā†’ Aegis all while using RF.

Thatā€™s how I have devotions set up but could probably be better for OA/DA