[1.1.9.1] One class to rule them all. DW variation of aether Spellbinder (CR 4:30, SR95, all Celestials)

Reaping Arc with full Krieg is overall stronger, no question. But both Krieg and RA will be change next patch

Rattosh and Korvaak routes are pretty close in strength but i think i like Korvaak more now. Not only the proc is more damaging and more consistent when bound to Corruption, it also provides petrify which has huge value in higher shards and naked Cruci.

The reason i chose Korvaak here in first place is the need for more passive leech. But next patch i’ll switch RA to Korvaak as well for sure.

SR90 doesn’t give loot anyway. Higher shards are being take on as a challenge to benchmark the build’s tankiness. If the build CAN pass SR90 you’d be sure it’ll pass any SR75-76 handily because of huge SR scaling.

It took me one try to complete SR90 and one or two tries for SR95 (with lots of deaths on the way). I don’t remember how many times i restarted SR95 right away. If i hit a wall i don’t bother. Nobody i know makes 100 tries to bloat the build’s performance. At this point such grind is just boring and kills any motivation to play the game.

I don’t change builds drastically as well, just some skill shuffling, maybe, couple component changes at max. Again, optimizing new variation of the same build just for one elusive achievement… no, thank you, not interested.

@x1x1x1x2 @ya1 thanks for replies

2 Likes

hi im new and im curious if you could give reasons of why not go for revenant and/or lantern?
also how do you feel about bonemonger shoulders-guards, chest and amulet there for the 3pc and vit conversion?

The item choice is made to maximize conversions and WD. But you can use Bonemonger if you don’t have well rolled MIs, it’s an option, as is Krieg. Revenant isn’t needed because Theodin’s scepter has flat RR. Lantern doesn’t fit Spear+Korvaak route.

2 Likes

@banana_peel

How is this build doing with 1.1.9.4? Is it still strong and are any updates needed? Coming back to the game after a long break and trying to find a strong aether Spellbinder to start with.

Still works. It had some nerfs but nothing dramatic. Perhaps in this version you might wanna need some more health, of vitality suffix will be the easiest fix.

Aether Spellbinder is still a very strong combo of dmg type + class, only behind physical Warlord. So you can play almost anything: dw, 2H, Drain Essence, AAR, Ravenous Earth, Diviner, Agrivix… you name it.

1 Like

hello! if you dont mind im curious how does this compare in current patch vs the diviner spellbinder in the 20 builds thread? both in regards to playstyle and performance?

(i was building this awhile ago but then took a really long break at around level 70ish and came back recently reached 100, atm just using diy random gear i have AAR spellbinder, not even close to endgame build, just reached ultimate recently grimtools if curious, but i plan to respec once i get more gear

Haven’t played it in a while but it should be pretty good. It got nerfed after posted but then got few buffs in recent patches. It’s not cheap to build though, you’d likely need to settle for harbinger exclusive to gain enough leech.

Diviner is overall stronger but it’s one of the most skill demaning builds in the game. Aether Reaping Arc is a safe bet for Binder but it’s also not cheap.

1 Like

Before all the double rare green here, can I use the Krieg set? I see Rekt video about the build which is using Krieg and the dmg much lower?