[1.1.9.1] World Police and Friendly Fire - 5 Guardians of Empyrion Paladin [4.20 Crucible] [SR75] [All Celestials]

yes, it holds true for all pets and pseudo-pets.

2 Likes

Yeah this is why totems and wd are great on ultos devotion

1 Like

Stack. But getting %electrocute high is a chore since neither Spear nor Widow give any for some reason, and no phys res pants have it (except Ignaffar pants that give no ranks to anything), and the Totem set LD has no phys res. Shaman lightning relic is also biased towards direct dmg %lightning.

2 Likes

The relation that the more pets you have, the higher the probability of DoT from devotion proc stacking (not being procced by the same pet) is kinda stupid :thinking:

Btw I’m didn’t even think about Lightning Totems, I started testing Physical / Bleeding Archon and I have Falcon, Bull Rush and Blind Fury all on pseudo pets :laughing:

1 Like

By that same logic, DoT from whirlpool could stack up to 3 times (Given its duration and cooldown) when procc’ed from Rune of Hagarrad ?

Am I understanding this right ?

yes, they do. The problem is Hag is not an optimal proccer for it, i’d rather go for whirlpool on BS and bind Hag to Amatok.

1 Like

Is that process true for procs that are not devotions ?

Could GoE trigger this more than once and have the poison part stack ? :
Screenshot%202021-05-25%20145813

Could Shadow warriors or Revenant skeletons ?

nope, all “On attack” and “On crit” procs do not account pets or pseudo pets.
your blade spirit wont trigger the eye of shuroth.

1 Like

I’ve only partially tried something with GoE leveling as a “pet dervish”, but wanted to ask a question in regards to leveling with a Oath/Inq

Would you suggest just leveling with vires + GoE + judgement and dumping leftovers into Inq for defensive options, or progress through the game more Inquisitor heavy then re-spec later?

I leveled with Guardians on Veteran (although physical but it’s very similar, especially in the beginning), they are great and would recommend using them. Just 2 of them 16 / 16 are good already and with that weapon it’s GG. You don’t need VM or Judgment for anything other than mobility / proccing devos.

• after killing Kyzog you grab Fireblast and put points into OK (1p into VM for mobility)

• I needed Righteous Fury temporarily to kill him without components
  • you can choose to support your Fireblast with Word of Pain 1st node till you have more points and then respec from it and put everything into OK Mastery and Guardians

• then everything into Celestial Presence + Divine Mandate

From this point it’s easy game till 100. And you slowly transition to OP. You’ll have 6 Guardians while leveling.

Other worthwhile things are

• Conflagration for its Fire ray to support Guardians in a great way (can be farmed in Port Valbury by vendor resetting if SSF)

• Magi Visage for 1 more Guardian and +3 to the skill

• Barthollem’s Gavel of course

• important thing is to have Physical to Fire conversion prefix on the Gavel
  • grabbing 2nd movement skill from FG after killing Warden (Cul of Solael I guess as they are the Fire guys)

• setting up Grim Internals so that it displays notifications about Oathkeeper’s prefix on gear

• this is so that you see yellow items that you otherwise filter out for a chance of getting +X to Guardians

• currently bugged and working only after you open Configurator window
      (needs to be done one for every launch of the game)

• not that important since on Fire Guardians it’s easy to get points to the skill

For devotions I’d start with Aetherfire from Imp and respec to Raven + Scholar + Magi a bit later. And then RR devotions and following OP.

4 Likes

It’s a smooth sailing even with 0 stash, just finished normal campaign HC with this setup.
Started with Vire up to 10/0/0 - 1/12/0, pumping Oathkeeper mastery and respecced as soon as I was able to 10-points Guardians, then capped both buddies and mastery, and went Inquisitor going 2 points mastery : 1 point Celestial Presence until max, then aimed for AoC. As for devotions, rushed for Kraken, now working on Magi.
Tried to farm out Bolvar’s Pendant, I’d be happy to get any with 2+ pristine resistances but no luck yet; otoh the second try for Bart’s Gavel was pretty nice.

that shouldnt be happening, can you post your char’s gt link please?

huh, its almost identical to the endgame version.
the only difference is physical resistance, but 4% shouldnt be that bad.
id try swapping grava pants for hellforged legplates and trying to get 7% phys res roll there (or legplates of valor). another option is getting “Formidable” on green legs.
i didnt have much troubles with sr75-76 though. On heavy phys hitters seal - ascension - phoenix was somewhat enough.
ill have a closer look at survival at SR, maybe its just build’s fault.

1 Like

Hi grey,

Any general tips on how I should level this?
I’m gonna try this one in HC and am pretty excited as the build looks great.

hi

Go fo Inq in the first place, take fireblast, 3-4 point WoP’s first node, then max second one and start levelling Oathkeeper. Take Vire 1 - 1 (or up to 3) - 1 and Presence of Virtue 1 - 1, once you reach Guardians dump all points in them (including the ones you spent on WoP and its node). After maxing guardians go for seal in Inq’s line and Censure. Max both. Dont forget to take WoR 2 - 1 - 1.Afther that finish OK’s line and get Celestial presence capped. Get Barthollem’s Gavel and Magi’s Helmet from morgo’s dungeon, gargoyle’s belt and bolvar’s amulet. That should get you to 6 guardians. After that max Ascension’s main node, then finish WoR and PoV. Dont forget to renew your MI gear once you reached new level threshold.
Thats far from being the most safe build for HC though (at least for SR/Celestials)

3 Likes

I am only counting 4 Guardians. Where is the 5th coming from?

3 from skill, 2 from mace.
Nicely displayed when you hover over the guardian skill in the GT.

This looks like an interesting build. I’m fairly new to Grim Dawn and I’m wondering why we spent 33 points on Cunning? Since we convert much of the physical damage to fire i would expect some points in Spirit. Or even, what I’ve seen from other builds, all points in Physique.

Builds offensive ability is just not good enough w/o the points in cunning.

Any changes to this build for 1.2?