[1.1.9.1] World Police and Friendly Fire - 5 Guardians of Empyrion Paladin [4.20 Crucible] [SR75] [All Celestials]

Because there is no conversion in the first place. Transmuter replaces one version of guardians with another. If conversion did happen that a) we wouldn’t see the change in guardian’s color b) there wouldn’t be change in -rr from fire/phys to acid/vit hence you can’t convert such parameters

Here how it looks like:
bladearc1 - skill of fire/phys guardian
bladearc1b - skill of acid/vit guardian

2 Likes

I see. So even though it’s indicated as conversion on the transmuter, it’s not programmed as such in practice. Good to know…until they inevitably notice and give it the Storm Totem treatment XD

I wasn’t here when it happened but I think the Corrupted Totems got this treatment because it was too easy to get these full Acid Totems and Acid builds (Dark One?) were to powerful with them? With Guardians the situation is a bit different because they deal 2 damage types from the start.

Btw I tested it and it’s only Acid although I had to get over 100% global Acid to Vit because with precisely 100% I have there was still a tiny amount of Vit damage (i.e. ~30) due to rounding probably.

Storm Totem got that change because the shaman conduit amulet has a total damage mod to that skill, and the change was made to avoid lightning totems abusing it.

1 Like

I was totally blind.

This. Aether to lightning rings + belt are staples for totem builds so that conduit was basically just a pure damage mod to lightning totem builds before the change. I guess the reason why transmuter was also changed is because it worked the same way as the conduit and they can’t change one without changing the other.

GoE doesn’t have such mods on items at present so I assume it’ll be fine for now.

2 Likes

This looks entertaining af

Clever thinking with assigning Fissure to the guardians!! In previous builds I’d assigned it to Mortar traps to spam the fissure fragments, but I didn’t consider that each mortar trap would then provide it’s own burn damage from the fissures…

Nice build as always. @grey-maybe have you tried it on shieldbreaker with full Justice or 3p Infernal Knight and BwC maybe? Probably unplayable glassy…

I tested something like this but only on Mad Queen :laughing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5K4DX1zw_s
You can also ask @TomoDaK because I think he did it too (just the more standard one with Stormfire). Maybe he tested it properly.

Thanks!
I didn’t because i fucking hate thermite mines and doubt that coctail + extra 100% fire/burn damage can outclass extra rr and racial. And yes, probably way more glassier.

Love it, well done! This build is also a perfect fit for an endgame version of my beginner Aura Paladin guide! I’ll add your thread in the description, if you don’t mind :smiley:

Good to see the buffs to Mythical Flames of Wrath and Barthollem’s Gavel have the impact they should have :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How about Storm Totems? Do their DoTs and DoT devotions bound to them also stack?
I guess I can test if their DoTs stack [edit] Yest it stacks so I assume it works the same as with Guardians.

yes, it holds true for all pets and pseudo-pets.

2 Likes

Yeah this is why totems and wd are great on ultos devotion

1 Like

Stack. But getting %electrocute high is a chore since neither Spear nor Widow give any for some reason, and no phys res pants have it (except Ignaffar pants that give no ranks to anything), and the Totem set LD has no phys res. Shaman lightning relic is also biased towards direct dmg %lightning.

2 Likes

The relation that the more pets you have, the higher the probability of DoT from devotion proc stacking (not being procced by the same pet) is kinda stupid :thinking:

Btw I’m didn’t even think about Lightning Totems, I started testing Physical / Bleeding Archon and I have Falcon, Bull Rush and Blind Fury all on pseudo pets :laughing:

1 Like

By that same logic, DoT from whirlpool could stack up to 3 times (Given its duration and cooldown) when procc’ed from Rune of Hagarrad ?

Am I understanding this right ?

yes, they do. The problem is Hag is not an optimal proccer for it, i’d rather go for whirlpool on BS and bind Hag to Amatok.

1 Like

Is that process true for procs that are not devotions ?

Could GoE trigger this more than once and have the poison part stack ? :
Screenshot%202021-05-25%20145813

Could Shadow warriors or Revenant skeletons ?

nope, all “On attack” and “On crit” procs do not account pets or pseudo pets.
your blade spirit wont trigger the eye of shuroth.

1 Like