[1.1.9.3] Beginner's Albrecht's Aether Ray Spellbinder

Have you also done this two steps “remove green [crossroad]”, “remove blue [crossroad]”?

Yup. It’s not that I don’t have enough devotion points, it’s that I don’t have enough red (chaos) affinity points to work on revenant. The only way I’ve diverged from the build is to tag the red crossroads point, but that still leaves me 2 red affinity points shy for Revenant.

Ah you know what, I’m dumb. I didn’t fully complete ghoul. That gets me the points I need. Sorry and thanks.

2 Likes

i am thinking following setup for endgame

is it worth to get Alladrah Phoenix instead of more phys res from Sailor’s Guide and Wendigo?
i also put remaining points in two nodes of Wrait for extra 39% aether damage and 6% damage to undead (Reaper is really annoying in SR).

like this (note i have Mythical Band of The Eternal Haunt here instead of Ring of Tawrot so augments are different)

ideas?

How does this build compare to the list of top 20 soft core builds that gets mentioned a lot?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is a beginner build so it has info on gear, levelling, etc, as you progress through the game. It’s not meant to be endgame though it may do it well of course. But most people would respec into an endgame build once they have the required gear for that.

only my second toon and i’ve been having a ton of fun following this build

i’m lvl 65 about to start malmouth and just got blueprint for agrivix and the temptation is really strong based on raw damage increase and aetherial buff (also the completion bonus on my haunt is supercharged boooooooo)…can you please explain the utility and usefulness of haunt for this AAR build? i’m pretty casual so i’m sure i’m missing something obvious, but when i spam haunt in heavy fights it just doesn’t seem to do much to justify using it over just melting them with the ray…i realize it’s probably a decent debuff in elite/boss fights but it just doesn’t seem THAT much better than just evading/nulling and AAR

1 Like

Hi!

Haunt is purely support skill, you shouldn’t interrupt AAR often casting it. So, what’s the appeal? It does provide life leech resistance reduction, which is somewhat useful. Also, it’s pretty good for proccing devotion. Damage wise, it’s not that strong of course.

Hi!

I play ather spellbinder DW ranged build, so my questions and suggestions might not be as aplicable, you need to take into consideration skill energy costs, mana regen, which pistol / rifle chars don’t need to… but still I have a few questions!

1. “Beginner’s” means the gear is quickly and easily obtainable, but there are better alternatives in some places, right? If so, my next questions are little bit obsolete…
  2. Helm - Why not (MI green) Ascended Casque?
  3. Ring(s) - Why not Mythical Aetherlord’s Signet?
  4. Chest - Why not Krieg’s Chestguard?
  5. Shoulders - Why not Krieg’s Shoulderguards?
  6. Pants - Why not Mythical Wraithborne Legwraps?
  7. Belt - Why not Mythical Spiritseeker’s Cord?
  8. Medal - Why not Mythical Mark of the Dreadblade?

The point of the ‘‘beginner guide’’ is to rely on (whenever’s possible) of farmable items or at least easy to obtain. If you look at my guides, I try to reduce the number of random items even during the levelling phase, instead using faction pieces, if they’re fitting to the build. Easiest items are either faction bought or vendored items.

For example, let’s look at the Spiritseeker Cord. That’s completely random purple item, there’s no warranty you can drop it. Or how much it will take, so it doesn’t make sense. Furthermore, good rolled MI belt is going to better.

In end game builds, the mentality is completely different, your goal is to have the best possible item in every slot, regardless of how hard it is to obtain them.

1 Like