[1.1.9.3] Death's Messenger - Vitality Scythe Melee Cabalist (SR76)

Grimtools: Cabalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

This is a fairly tanky Necromantic scythe melee cabalist that brings quite good damage. It’s a lot of fun teleporting from group to group reaping souls with scythe and spells. It is a wide-arcing mostly-melee build with a few powerful ranged spells to clear out groups of trash and afflict dots to enemies.

Facetanking through SR 75, very comfy:

Key features include:

• 44.6k weapon damage
  • Reaping Arc
  • Reap Spirit and Bone Harvest for ranged attacks
  • Highest crit is 657k so far
  • 34% Lifesteal
  • ~120k Vitality Decay dps
  • A whole bunch of pets following you for the gram shots ;D
  • Ill Omen (28% reduced dmg) + Possession (16% damage reduction) for a comfy, tanky time
  • Ill Omen + Wendigo’s Mark for constant AOE lifesteal across the battlefield
  • Call of the Grave for +10% OA, +15% crit damage, +115% vitality damage
  • Mark of Torment for additional damage reduction when required

Concerns of the Build:

• Resistances balanced using green MIs.
  • Aside from Stun res, nonexistant CC resistance.
  • Slow movement speed.
  • Fashion movement rune instead of practical movement rune.

Enjoy~

4 Likes

Hello, if I’m reading it right, it looks you have 100% aether conversion. I only see 60% or so from items. How’s the rest being converted? Or am i just misreading the stat page?

I don’t see a lot of Aether damage that would need conversion, except on Reap Spirit…

Edit: In fact, I don’t even see the 60% Aether to vitality conversion you speak of…
What part of the stat page are you looking at ?

Blood Knight’s Helmet gives 30% Aether-to-Vitality and full set gives another 30%. I cannot see the remaining 40% conversion though.

1 Like

Ah yes, thanks. :slight_smile:

me neither, but it’s hardly needed… there is almost no aether damage to begin with.

I just wondered. The stat page for magic damage shows 0 aether damage. So stood to reason 100% was being converted. I couldn’t see it and it bugged me haha. No worries though was just curious where the rest was. Thanks for responding.

1 Like

Grimtools doesn’t take conversion into account when displaying damage :slight_smile:

If it says zero it’s not because it’s converted, but simply because there actually is zero Aether damage.

There’s is Aether damage on the stat page, what are you guys talking about :thinking:

2 Likes

On the stat page where it lists magical damage it says Aether 0. I see it in skills and what not but the stat page shows zero.

Turn permanent buffs on

Then you’ll see Aether damage from Spectral Binding.

1 Like

Ohhhhhh I see, thank you kindly.