[1.1.9.3] The ATV - Aetherfire Templar Vanquisher

WOW!!! Well that is one awesome guide. Good job MysteryMeat. Going to play this build because of the playstyle and also because of the effort you made making this guide. Again good job!!

Dude this is one of the coolest build concepts I’ve seen on the forums. I am absolutely going to be building one of these guys, just to skate around all day.

Thank you for this. You just officially broke the concept of fun for me. After playing this build, I simply cannot bring myself to play any of my other characters, nay any other video games anymore due to the fact that nothing will ever top killing everything by running fiery circles around them like a flaming idiot.

By the way, how important is callidor’s tempest? I feel like the damage it brings isn’t that important since vire’s might already annihilates everything. I’m wondering if I can drop it so I have even less buttons to press and reach closer to being able to play this build in my sleep.

1 Like

For trash you can skip using CT, but for bosses the reduced target’s resistance and massive burn from Inferno is really important. The Templar version naturally has less RR than Shieldbreaker so we need as much of it as we can get.

1 Like

Awesome build – recently started hardcore, slowing down and enjoying the game more and using everything at my disposal. This inspired me to make the switch from controller back to Mouse n’ Keyboard and to actually set keybinds and seperate Move To and attack. It’s definitely a different experience, but having an active build with great mobility is keeping my interest in the game.

Does it matter what skill you put Eldritch Fire on? Better on Judgement than on Guardion of Empyrion for example? Sorry, noob here - They seem to apply it pretty constantly.

It’s better to put it on Judgment since then it has a 75% proc chance that also triggers from the Heart of Wrath aura for the next 3 seconds. You want the RR as soon as possible, especially for big Inferno burns, and usually Guardians will take a few hits to get there.

Not to mention that judgement can cluster enemies close sometimes increasing the odds the Eldritch Fire will start spreading around!

Heart of Wrath is a secondary skill that is triggered by activation of Judgment, so unfortunately, it does not apply Devotion procs. Eldritch Fire is great on Judgment due to the high proc chance, large area of effect and it pulls enemies close to help spread the debuff.

I’m fairly sure it works similarly to Volcanic Stride in that even though it’s a secondary skill, it’s still considered Judgment for devotion purposes. In my testing at least, I was able to get it to proc Aetherfire on training dummies (although not at the 75% chance listed, it seemed closer to the base 15%).

1 Like

Love this Build. If someone like the Charge Barb in d3 they will love this build :smiley:

what I dont like: Fighting the big Cthons or Monsters that can trap you.
And: High SR Boss Rooms. The Fights are so dumb. All you can do is charge in a circle and hope they will burn down behind you.

That’s a spicy build there. Would it work for Paladin? I guess the problem is that Inquisitor seal is a static ability, making it wierd to use while skating…That being said, Aura of Censure seems like it would be really nice.

You could go Paladin, but it would probably not be as good as a Templar or Shieldbreaker. As you mentioned, Seal is stationary and does not really fit our playstyle of constantly moving around. And while Censure is good, you would have to give up Divine Mandate in order to get it, which is a significant amount of damage (and crit damage in particular). On top of that, the recent changes to RR also lowered the values on Censure, making it less appealing of an option than before.

Yeah, that’s what I figured out, Inquisitor has surprisingly few toggle abilities now that I think about it. Thanks for the reply anyway!

Sorry for the double post, but I have a question. I’m trying to fully understand how to link devotion procs in general, and I’m struggling quite a bit. So, here’s my question :
I understand the core of the build, linking Aetherfire to Vire’s Might. I also understand linking Healing Rain to Arcan Will for a conditional heal that is more useful than a random heal, and Dryad to Callidor’s Tempest to have a “on-demand” heal.
But why link Eldritch Fire to Judgment? Why not to Guardian of Empyrion which is passive? Is it because Hearth of Wrath add a DoT component to the skill that can also proc Eldritch Fire? Or is it that the real proc chance doesn’t appear on GrimTool (I know the proc chance changes depending on the skill associated)?

Anyway, going to start levelling a Tempar now that my Defiler reached level 94. Can’t wait to zoom through Cairn!

Yes. The 3 second aura on Heart of Wrath can also proc stuff attached to Judgment.

Judgment being a high cooldown ability with no innate duration (as Heart of Wrath is a separate optional modifier) also scales the proc chances of celestial powers it is attached to substantially, so Eldritch Fire in-game goes up to 75%.

Ok, now I understand, thx.

First time playing this build in Hardcore , having a blast tbh … but i think you should add a HUGE DISCLAMER at the top … that due to fast shifting screen motions + light effects it may cause Seizure … Just a thought … either way enjoying the hell out of this build <3

1 Like

In the actual leveling guide, the game is played in normal mode. Can you still follow the guide though if played in veteran mode?

More or less yes. Veteran just demands more attention to resistances and potentially avoiding some harder hitting Boss attacks.

It’s been awhile since I played Veteran but from memory, for all intents and purposes, I’d treat it like Elite difficulty except you don’t have the resistance penalties imposed on your character and the enemies are fairly squishier.

Like Evil_Baka said, you should be able to follow the leveling guide even if you play in Veteran mode. It will be slower than Normal difficulty since enemies will have more health and damage, and the extra exp might cause you to be a bit overleveled at the end of each section. Other than that though, everything else remains the same.

1 Like