[1.1.9.3] The ATV - Aetherfire Templar Vanquisher

Thank you!

I am levelling as vm. Now at clv 22 its easier. Earlier it was vm and 2h rifle :wink:

hmm…

the circlet has physical to lightning conversion and I am playing fire spec…is it a problem?

weapon - i see in lower levels you have lightning based weapon - does the base weapon dmg actually matter?

and how would you rate Demo vs Arcanist for second mastery for a noob without gg gear please?

cheers!

The damage on the base weapon and the conversion on the circlet does not matter since most of the damage while leveling comes from Volcanic Stride and not the main skill itself.

Regarding the class choice, Demolitionist has a bit better damage and RR while Arcanist has better survivability with Mirror and Maiven’s Sphere. Late-game, Arcanist is probably better overall, but they’re very comparable I would say.

1 Like

Thank you!

basically this is only the initial hit, right?

so I am best off looking for weapon with +% fire dmg affix for example?

Yes that is only for Vire’s Might, and doesn’t count Volcanic Stride damage.

Ideally yes, but at low levels it’s more important to use 2x Enchanted Flint components which provides +100% Fire damage each. You also want to look out for weapons like Flame’s Virtue which have skill levels to Volcanic Stride.

Aaa…ok…for weapon i farmed this axe in act 7 that gives 25% fire dmg and 5% skill cd.

Thank you!

I have used Vyre’s as a leveling skill MANY times. I try and always get Tectonic Shift maxed before anything, for the CDR. For early levels, I try and dump more into the initial skill than Volcanic Stride, just because you will just flat out explode most mobs. This is a pretty good setup for early game. It is based off of a test character that I use, which has a bunch of overpowered Zarth Archives for the whole game in his inventory. _25 Vyre Start.zip (164.1 KB) You are more than welcome to try this version to give you an understanding of how powerful it really is. The test char is right at the start of the game, level 25 with 25 devotions.

btw, I know I misspell it. It started as a meme with friends, and now I can’t stop :smiley:

Hi, when back home I will have a look at at for sure! Than you!

I have VM now at 1/max/max at clvl 31 or so BUT now I will see with main skill max too as you tickled my fancy:

Btw early game - how far into the game actually…?

cheers!

usually till about 25. i will usually get a few pts in the first node, then a few in the second and just push to volcanic and max. then by 35, you will have the full thing maxed, as well as get to the end of the bar and start working on capstone and the secon guardians node.

thank you for the insigts!

1 Like

damn, the spec you have is sick :smiley:

I mean, really :wink:

I am playing it now.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I have a noob question about OA - can damage from Imp Devotion and the damage from Volcanic Stride crit?

or OA affects only initial hit from VM?

And ADCtH - its only from the initial impact of VM? is it any good to try to stack it?

cheers!

Yes, both can crit.

Only the initial impact because Vire’s Might has weapon damage and that means it’s affected by attack damage converted to health on items and devotion nodes. Volcanic Stride has no weapon damage and it’s considered a secondary effect by the game (basically a skill triggered by the casting of the base skill), and thus not having anything related to Vire’s Might except that it’s triggered by it.

thank you!

What do you suggest to craft for?

Also, what would be BiS components and augments, assuming that my resistances are covered by affixes?

Craft for stun resistance if you aren’t capped yet. Otherwise, you can craft for Physique which will allow you to put more attribute points into Spirit or craft for armor for overall defense.

The best components/augments if you have overcapped resistances are mostly the same as before. The only changes that I would suggest are putting Seal of Annihilation on the amulet and Restless Remains on the gloves for the extra OA/DA, casting speed, and lifesteal. If your overcaps are really good, you could also use DA augments on your armor pieces and replace Ravager’s Eye with a more offensive augment like Solael’s Vision.

2 Likes

What would be good rolls in these cases?

That depends a lot on what you have and what stats you’re lacking. Generally affixes with physical resistance and OA/DA are ideal, but if one of your resistance overcaps is low, boosting that resistance might be a better choice. Another example could be prioritizing stun resistance affixes if you are replacing M. Wyrmscale Footguards, as you would be losing 50% stun resistance by switching the boots out.

If you’re not sure, you can always try out different combinations on Grimtools to see what your options are and what fits best for your current setup.

1 Like

Maybe, if you have time, you could post a BiS setup with single rare greens and some affix alternatives, as a goal to work towards?

I finally got to 94 and equiped most of the recommended gear (don’t have the full Vanquisher set yet) with the Shard of the Eternal Flame and it’s a blast!!! I absolutely love it! It’s faster than I can handle!