[1.1.9.3] The Guardian of Erulan - Ranged Cadence Gun/Shield Tactician [SR 100] [All Celestials]

Don’t forget Guardians too though! :smiley:

1 Like

Roight lol my bad. I’m a noob

1 Like

Thanks for the speedy reply. I think I’ll give this sort of build a shot as I am the same “I like shields, tanking and guns.”

2 Likes

Can u give some advise how to level? Also a devotion path to follow please?

Depend how you want to level it. For instance there’s the opportunity of Forcewave or Blade Arc for 2H build. You can level it ranged with pierce damage.

If you want explicitly to level physical ranged (Paladin would be better class for leveling ranged) you can try using DW instead of shield via relic or other item. Devotions wise for physical build, you should start with Assassin’s Mark and bind it to your main attack - Cadence in this case. You should also get Maul for physical builds to shred armor and maybe Scales for extra sustain and flat RR. Hydra is also decent devotion to rush for.

2 Likes

Yeah, basically Nery has everything in his reply. :smiley: The other way would be level as a pierce tactician in the link further up in the thread. That’s a leveling guide also by Nery, and it’s newly updated too.

2 Likes

First of all, I am a beginner user.
This build looks so cool I’m going to try to copy it.
It’s too difficult to farm MI items on the rare shoulder and rare belt.
Can you recommend which option is preferred for both items?
As a beginner, it is too harsh to get an item that satisfies both prefix and suffix.

Don’t worry, you don’t need the exact affixes that I have! I chose mine because OA was a little low otherwise, but you are free to use the best you can get. I listed a few alternatives you can use, too, like the Warborn shoulder. In general I like to keep my builds pretty flexible if I can, your gear doesn’t need to be an exact copy of mine- just close enough to work for the purposes of the build. :smiley:

Welcome to the game!

Cheap alternatives to Iron Maiden shoulders:
Malmouth Vanguard Pauldrons - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database / Elite Malmouth Vanguard Pauldrons - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database
Fleshwarped Pauldrons - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database (those have high physique requirement at highest level though)

as for the belt, it really drops in quantity in Ugendbog, you’ll eventually get something playable.

and you can farm Vinelton for it

I’ve been trying this build since level 65, with Empowered Legionnaire’s Rebuke. It was a bit too early to switch actually. The build is very point hungry and doesn’t have much AOE, so kill speed is slow. My feeling is that it’s super important cap attack speed and get as high OA as possible to compensate for the lack of AOE.
Now level 84, and it’s getting better, I’ve just killed main campain boss in Lokarr’s armor (build), very easily. It’s not like that boss is hard though. Overall, I rarely see my life dropping below 90% ; this happens mostly when I’m too lazy to drop a seal.