[1.1.9.4] Briarbones Ritualist, First attempt at a build, open to suggestions

So, I have a Lvl 68 AAR Warlock, a Lvl 38 Dervish, and was attempting to do a Cabalist pet build, until I realized that the two base classes don’t share damage types on their pets. I decided that I wanted to try doing a build for myself. I don’t know enough about specialized items to include items in my initial planning.

This build is a pet focused Ritualist.

The build focuses on Raise Skeletons and Summon Briarthorn. Wendigo Totem is there for sustaining the group. Master of Death and Mogdrogen’s Pact buff the pets. Call of the Grave and Siphon Souls are the last major skills. Mark of Torment, Ill Omen, and Savagery have light investments, mainly so that Devotions have something to proc off of.

Devotion skills are Shepard’s Call, Bysmiel’s Command, Howl of Mogdrogen, and Cleansing Waters. I haven’t decided what skills to tie the devotions to. I’m thinking Shepard’s Call on Savagery, but also Howl of Mogdrogen would work there, either one could also be tied to Siphon Souls. Bysmiel’s Command could go on Siphon Souls, Mark of Torment, or Ill Omen. Cleansing Waters should probably be tied to Mark of Torment or Ill Omen, but I don’t know which one on which. Devotions are focused on pet buffs and maximizing pet damage.

There’s little in the way of direct damage, something that might need to be changed. I had thought of using Ravenous Earth, but it seemed to soak up too many skill points and reduced Devotion skill procs to one or two skills, which felt too restrictive.

Here’s the GrimTools link: Ritualist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.4) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Sorry, I don’t know markdown or BBCode, so my formatting is not great.

Any critique or suggestions are welcome. I haven’t gotten far in actually playing the build, so for now, it’s mostly an idea.

Edit: Made format clearer and expanded on description of the concept. Added Siphon Souls, was in build, but forgot it when discussing the build.

Hi,

You can reference my Ritualist pets starter guide from last year. I haven’t updated it in a while because I’m lazy, but it’s barely changed with the latest patch.

The Budget Brigade

Mine is aether based conversion from Warden’s Judgment weapon, but all the other gear can transfer to a starter vitality setup. If you plan on sticking with the vitality route, you might want to reference one of the pet guides on the forum that’s based on the Lost Souls set or maybe Guardian of Death’s Gates. That would give you some ideas on eventual gear, skills and devotions to shoot for. I’m not that experienced with vita pets myself.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll look at yours and those other guides as well.